Sign in to follow this  
teffmyster

Best Full Tower Case

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing an Antec 1200 V3 for my next build. It is probably because my last case was an Antec 900.

But there are so many cases on the market. What is the best full tower case in regards to airflow, design, and possibly db output (not imperative)?

Thanks for all your advice

T.

Edited by teffmyster

Well actually I've been looking at this question for the last couple of weeks now... i'm about to do a new build myself based on SB system but must hold 7 - 10 hdds... I've decided on the Fractal Designs Define XL My reasoning below...

I'm not sure what your specific requirements are, but I've been looking for a full tower case that is

1 quiet,

2 hold lots of drives,

3 good airflow,

4 good looking,

5 price. (I know the last point is a subjective thing but I'm too old for spangly lights and and windows haha)

For me, i've been reading lots of review and watching youtube build videos and i'm pretty much set on the Fractal Designs Define XL. It's pretty much comparable to what you're looking at in the antec case from what i can see.

The only thing that was holding me back was that the case didn't have usb 3.0 front io ports (since i'm doing a new build myself which supports usb 3.0). So I decided to ask Fractal Designs themselves and asked if there would be usb 3.0 version of the case or if they would be releasing upgrade kits for the cases. Much to my delight, about an 1 1/2 later, they wrote back to me and said yes to both questions. Furthermore, i noticed this weekend that they have announced the usb upgrade kits on their website.

well... that's my two cents

Omaikane

Best bang for your buck full tower atm seems to be the Xigmatek Elysium.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=18284

It is colossal in size and has a very customisable airflow set up. There's a window model too if you like that.

Here's a good (but long) review:

Others to look at:

Fractal XL (already mentioned)

Coolermaster HAF X (popular)

Lian Li PC-90 (weird layout, but kinda cool)

Corsair 800D (crap airflow, awesome for water cooling)

Antec DF-85 (very similar to Antec 1200)

Thanks.

My budget is pretty flexible. If its worth it I'll pay extra.

Does anyone have any opinion on the Antec?

Would prefer full tower.

Edited by teffmyster

Silverstone Fortress FT02 is fairly quiet and helps keep gpu's with a rear exaust nice and cool

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4620/silvers...-out-of-style/1

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?opti...6&Itemid=61

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1015-page1.html

its a more expensive option but nice

fractal makes some very nice cases if your on a tighter budget

Edited by Dasa

Were you thinking of putting in water-cooling at any time? I'm not certain on this but with that angled fan at the back, the Fractal Design XL looks like it might struggle to squeeze a radiator in. I've got a HAF-X and can't help but recommend it, room for anything, loads of fans and plenty of drive room.

if water was a consideration the silverstone ft02 is out

the fractal xl can make a very nice quiet watercooled case if your willing to carve some holes

you can fit two 2x120 rads in a cm 690 without much work

a 3x120 in some of the more expensive haf fairly easy

and there was a nice big alloy case someone posted in another thread for ~$200 that could fit some nice water gear if a bunch of holes were chopped in it

but these three cases have no sound deadening material so they will only be as quiet as what you put in them

here is the other thread Recomend me a very large case

Thanks for all the recommendations. Damn I hate making decisions. No-ones mentioned the Antec... any reason?

The Antec 1200 is a top case, just a bit dated these days. They update it with USB3 and motherboard cutouts but its still an older design.

What is it exactly that you want in a case? Silence? Good Airflow? Watercooling potential? Side windows? Lights? Aluminium? Style? Colour?

The more you tell us the more we can help.