hectorbustnuts

Saaaay...has anyone seen jim_doki around?

Oh. My. God!

One of our own is going to be geeking it up on televisions across the nation in the upcoming season of "Beauty and the Geek".

(Jimmy's the beardy, "Darth Vader was Luke's father" guy).

I may now actually watch a reality TV show.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

How cool...let's hope he gets laid. Let's also hope he gave Atomic a good plug...we could do with more users, especially hot chicks.

Edited by twinair

Well, Hi guys

As some of you probably noticed for the past little while all social networking (facebook, twitter, G+) has been lacking Jim_Doki. I've also not been here for a while. As the video above proves, I have indeed been shooting a reality TV show. It all finished yesterday and, as you can see, promos are starting to air. I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have, provided I am legally able to. (contracts are a bitch). Just to get us started, I can't tell you who won, who got eliminated when or too much behind the scenes stuff. Also, as much as I tried to promote Atomic, I doubt any of it will get to air, due mainly to editing and getting rid of all unpaid for advertising. :P

Immense pride.

You're Atomic's Richard Wilkins, man.

I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have

Did you score?

Yeah, that.

e: Did THEY score, is the question?

Edited by Flouncy

Did you score?

Not on the show. There was a lot of action going on however. Like a shit tonne of bedswapping

My questions relate more to the "reality" of the show, and as such, I'm not going to be surprised if you're not at liberty to answer them.

How long before shooting did you know you were going to be a contestant?

I know you had begun bearding it up, but was that for the show, or a convenient plus in your favour for when "make-overs" came around (because bluntly, you look like a befuddled physics teacher in the promos, and I know you don't really look like that).

I'm also curious how much..."costuming" goes on. You don't wear those style glasses or type of clothes in real life. (Although the Superman t-shirt in the pillow-fight promo you WOULD actually wear!)

Interesting :) The guy who won last season's was a mate's brother. He was spewing because he's a real footy jock and it's a bit of role reversal!

Immense pride.

You're Atomic's Richard Wilkins, man.

I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have

Did you score?

Yeah, that.

e: Did THEY score, is the question?

Truedat.

My questions relate more to the "reality" of the show, and as such, I'm not going to be surprised if you're not at liberty to answer them.

How long before shooting did you know you were going to be a contestant?

I know you had begun bearding it up, but was that for the show, or a convenient plus in your favour for when "make-overs" came around (because bluntly, you look like a befuddled physics teacher in the promos, and I know you don't really look like that).

I'm also curious how much..."costuming" goes on. You don't wear those style glasses or type of clothes in real life. (Although the Superman t-shirt in the pillow-fight promo you WOULD actually wear!)

I knew about a week before I went in, or thereabouts. Essentially I was told not to shave/cut my hair at the audition. I had a three day or thereabouts growth when I went in. and yes, A lot of costuming goes on. Very few, if any, of the white collared shirts used in the promo were mine. And the glasses (which incidentally got lost during the production) were costume for the first week or so and then had my prescription fixed into them. All of this was essential in making the makeover as drastic and spectacular as possible.

So you look ridiculous as possible when you turn up but it's all fake and staged (as expected).

Not really faked/staged. I do look/feel a lot better than I ever have, but some of the things they did to me would not have looked as spectacular as they did without some of the more ridiculous elements of the costume/look/persona. It's a tv show. Having a reasonably good looking guy getting made over would not have been as interesting.

So you look ridiculous as possible when you turn up but it's all fake and staged (as expected).

Not really faked/staged. I do look/feel a lot better than I ever have, but some of the things they did to me would not have looked as spectacular as they did without some of the more ridiculous elements of the costume/look/persona. It's a tv show. Having a reasonably good looking guy getting made over would not have been as interesting.

Thanks, I thought there was a degree of deception done by the show's producers (to be expected for a reality TV show).

Edited by Jeruselem

Having a reasonably good looking guy getting made over would not have been as interesting.

From what I have seem, I would totally do you.

oh this might be good...

congrats dude on been in the show...

Edited by jdog

That's totally awesome was it a fun experience man?

I don't watch TV but if something cool happens im sure I will hear about it here and I will go watch a clip of it.

How cool...let's hope he gets laid. Let's also hope he gave Atomic a good plug...we could do with more users, especially hot chicks.

I call dibs on any nerdy hot chicks that sign up!

And congrats OP! Certainly a unique experience, and it doesn't sound like a negative one. Thanks for trying to fly the green flag :)