Sign in to follow this  
Greymist

3 x New Monitors

Hi,

Can someone recommend me 3 new monitors for NVidia surrond, there will be 2 x GTX570 cards

The main purpose is to be used for gaming and they need VESA mounts as I will be purchasing a Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand.

I'm looking at spending between $200-$300 per monitor and would like at lest 1920 x 1080.

Cheers,

Greymist.

Are you planning on going 3D at any point? You'll need the glasses and three 120Hz screens if so.

No I will stick with 2d for the moment as after lots of research I don't believe I would see a great benefit for the extra money spent.

The other reason is that I can't justify anymore money spent on the system as its already around $4,000 and I'm in enough trouble already.

No I will stick with 2d for the moment as after lots of research I don't believe I would see a great benefit for the extra money spent.

The other reason is that I can't justify anymore money spent on the system as its already around $4,000 and I'm in enough trouble already.

I have to agree with you there, all due respect Frunj, but fuck 3d and the glasses it rode in on. I would be interested in 3d only when they get 3d without the big bulky glasses. And also for those of us who have to wear our reading glasses to use a computer having to wear them at the same time........................... well you get the picture. ;)

I have to agree with you there, all due respect Frunj, but fuck 3d and the glasses it rode in on. I would be interested in 3d only when they get 3d without the big bulky glasses. And also for those of us who have to wear our reading glasses to use a computer having to wear them at the same time........................... well you get the picture. ;)

I do, being of the glasses-wearing type myself. Personally I think 3D is gimmicky (if fun), but it never hurts to ask. 120Hz has a benefit for gamers, but if you're gaming across three screens you're not too likely to get over 60fps anyway.

Greymist you're probably going to be well-served by that monitor linked above, or check out these Dell options:

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/sna.asp...&redirect=1

Spend a bit more and grab the IPS panels in whatever size you're after, the anti-glare coating on them is wonderful for bright environments. EG: Dell UltraSharp U2312HM @ 269 each - use the discount code $?9ZZ6RKK2XZDF for 15% off that brings the total to 228.65 per monitor, delivered. That's what I would choose :)

Thanks for all the help.

I had a look at the Dell monitor U2312HM but the website shows that there is a limit of 1 per customer for that model.

bowiee do you have any first hand knowledge of the Asus VS248H as I couldn't find any reviews on the product.

I've only used BenQ, Viewsonic and LG monitors and the last 2 I bought where Viewsonic.

You'd save $150 if you went these instead of the Asus:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=12310

I'm using a BenQ right now, an older (and gloriouser) 1920x1200p model with HDMI. It's never skipped a beat.

Same can be said of my secondary Viewsonic 19" 1280x1024 monitor next to it. I've had that for nearly 6 years, and it cost me about $460! I've had good luck with monitors, now that I think of it.

I would rather spend between $200-$300 per screen and could go to a maximum of $400 per screen if there was a something a lot better.

I'm spending over $3,000 on the new system without monitors as you see by this link.

I paid around $400 each for 2 x Viewsonic 1680x1050 monitors last time I did a monitor upgrade though I was only gaming on one screen.

You'd save $150 if you went these instead of the Asus:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=12310

I'm using a BenQ right now, an older (and gloriouser) 1920x1200p model with HDMI. It's never skipped a beat.

Same can be said of my secondary Viewsonic 19" 1280x1024 monitor next to it. I've had that for nearly 6 years, and it cost me about $460! I've had good luck with monitors, now that I think of it.

No, I can't agree with that suggestion. I bought two for my brother, and they both have stuck pixels. Not only that, but the panel quality is very mediocre.

I had a look at the Dell monitor U2312HM but the website shows that there is a limit of 1 per customer for that model.

Strange, I put three in the cart and applied the coupon before I posted, it gave a huge discount.

I'd go these screens from PCCG purely based on the specs and manufacturer (I'm quite taken with Samsung panels and 1920x1200 res is great):

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=18064

Thanks for all the help.

bowiee do you have any first hand knowledge of the Asus VS248H as I couldn't find any reviews on the product.

I've only used BenQ, Viewsonic and LG monitors and the last 2 I bought where Viewsonic.

That particular model ? No, but Asus monitors yes, models may differ very slightly, but the quality does not. You will love the bright colours and over all picture quality, IMHO they are just great bang for buck.

EDIT: I have mentioned in other threads my son was an LG fan, until he saw my Asus 24" and even though mine is an LCD, he went out a brought a 24" LED and prefers it over the LG he had, and has now given to his aunty.

Edited by bowiee

'LCD' is not opposed to 'LED'. Monitors with LED backlighting are LCD monitors.

Who said they were "opposed" ? How does this help the OP ?

You implied it. It helps everyone know the truth.

Thanks TheFunj I will go with the Samsung S24A450BW as they are 1920x1200.

I found that I could put 3 in the cart and got the same discount but it mentioned on the cart page that it was a maximum of 1 for home users.

I also tried with business and it would let you buy 2 but the discount mentioned didn't work.

Because the S24A450BW comes with a completly adjustable stand I will not buy the ergotech monitor stand.

Thanks for all the help.

yeah thats understandable but bowiee is right to refer to his screens as that's they are marketed. So it dosnt really matter lol

So all you have to do with your life is to read threads, and see if you can find unintended implications, rather than trying to help others, and I thought I did not have a life. And LCD and LED are different in that they use differing types of back lighting, I like to differentiate between the two due to their power usage, after all why go LCD when LED uses less power. Edited by bowiee

Thanks TheFunj I will go with the Samsung S24A450BW as they are 1920x1200.

I found that I could put 3 in the cart and got the same discount but it mentioned on the cart page that it was a maximum of 1 for home users.

I also tried with business and it would let you buy 2 but the discount mentioned didn't work.

Because the S24A450BW comes with a completly adjustable stand I will not buy the ergotech monitor stand.

Thanks for all the help.

No worries, you'll save a bit on that monitor stand this way too :)

So all you have to do with your life is to read threads, and see if you can find unintended implications, rather than trying to help others, and I thought I did not have a life. And LCD and LED are different in that they use differing types of back lighting, I like to differentiate between the two due to their power usage, after all why go LCD when LED uses less power.

No, I do a lot more with my life, including helping others.

Screens that are called 'LED' are LCD screens with LED backlighting. Traditionally LCD screens use fluorescent backlighting.

So all you have to do with your life is to read threads, and see if you can find unintended implications, rather than trying to help others, and I thought I did not have a life. And LCD and LED are different in that they use differing types of back lighting, I like to differentiate between the two due to their power usage, after all why go LCD when LED uses less power.

Screens that are called 'LED' are LCD screens with LED backlighting. Traditionally LCD screens use fluorescent backlighting.

Yup, we've got it now. Thanks.

Yea we already knew that, what I was pointing out was how useless/unhelpful it was to to even comment on it. Anyway I shall feed you no more dear sir.

I'm loving my 3x Dell U2311 monitors for eyefinity. I bought them for $222 each at harris technology. They are usually cheaper than dell direct and dont have a limit of how many you can buy at a time.