Sign in to follow this  
mudg3

Issue 129 : Feedback

So good issue so far really enjoyed Jack Carols article this afternoon on the bus home and im getting through the rest of but!

2 beefs though:

1: Kit log is still Derp

2: The cover.........why on earth you guys choose for "when will be it be my turn to be Victoria secrets model Shepard" to be on the cover.

Posted Image

I knew this was coming but I really do miss my old lady hard ass friend.

Posted Image

:(

Edited by mudg3

Gotta disagree mudge3 - I prefer the new Sheppard :-P

I really don't want to but I have to be "that guy" and point out that the DVD rom in the HTPC cant work in that case it specifically needs a slot loading rom like this one from silverstone: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=16501

Loving the issue so far though!

Edited by UberPenguin

Gotta disagree mudge3 - I prefer the new Sheppard :-P

I really don't want to but I have to be "that guy" and point out that the DVD rom in the HTPC cant work in that case it specifically needs a slot loading rom like this one from silverstone: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=16501

Loving the issue so far though!

I just dont see her being able to beat the shit out of me :P

and yeah we all know kit log is derp right now.

What, you don't like redheads? Anyway, that's the official female Shep, so that's what we got :)

And yeah, the KitLog is most definitely a, shall we call it, work in progress. You try working on a mag like Atomic without a fulltime tech writer!

What, you don't like redheads? Anyway, that's the official female Shep, so that's what we got :)

And yeah, the KitLog is most definitely a, shall we call it, work in progress. You try working on a mag like Atomic without a fulltime tech writer!

could you get the forum members to do the kitlog ideas?

just a thought...

and about the issue..

first off good issue,really enjoyed what ive read of it so far.

the redhead fem shep..um...i liked the blonde one better...the black haired one wasnt too bad either..but that what offical so i guess ill have to put up with it..(why i can they return to default male shep?

overall good issue.

top job guys!

Edited by jdog

I personally really liked the Fallback this month. Loved the opinion and word-out to the nostalgic Battlezone 2. I was wholeheartedly agreeing with the Ben the whole way.

I appreciated someone with a similar taste and opinion as me in atomic. :)

It's fantastic that you guys decided to do a guide to buying games. Good resource for a amateur like me.

Kinda disappointed that you guys brought back that modding guide to making side window for your case cause I felt it wasn't long ago when you guys brought that before.

Also I don't mean to add more to the fire on the kit-log subject but why would you need 800W for a incy wincy game box with a 560 and i5?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I gave them a whole lot of material however sourcing material from the forums directly... lets say thats not exactly constructive journalism is it?

mudg3 your female sheppard is pretty ugly, hate to admit it.

Edited by nesquick

I gave them a whole lot of material however sourcing material from the forums directly... lets say thats not exactly constructive journalism is it?

I'd fuck her.

as my female Shepard is about to say

"shut up"

and no jdog just no.

That was useful, but it's just a matter of getting the time to contact the suppliers and get hi-res shots of stuff :) One of the reasons we like using stuff we've reviewed is we're guaranteed to have good photography!

And what window guide are you talking about, Twinkie? I can't remember the last one... (but then, I'm an old man...)

That was useful, but it's just a matter of getting the time to contact the suppliers and get hi-res shots of stuff :) One of the reasons we like using stuff we've reviewed is we're guaranteed to have good photography!

And what window guide are you talking about, Twinkie? I can't remember the last one... (but then, I'm an old man...)

You said in another post on kit log you didnt want to have atomic members doing the kitlog....changed your mind? and hire a tech writer...you are a tech mag with out a tech writer...that is retarded.

Oh man

When I saw FemShep on the cover, I knew I had to read the Mass Effect 3 article first.

Who's bright idea was it to do the stupid arty motherboard photos with the green back ground in the head to head?

Can't see shit on the board because it's angled so strangly, plus, there is a page fold in nearly very one so I can't see how things are arranged. Near the socked and RAM. Please go back to an overhead shot, much more useful.

Lambo, we use shots supplied as part of the content sharing deal with CPC in the UK. We're stuck with their photography for as long as they continue their current....unique style.

I agree it's not ideal.

so you need to get even, share some content back that looks terrible, then add a post it note and say something like "see... how annoying was that?"

Actually I'd much rather return to 100 per cent local stuff :)

We work a lot with the UK because that's where our head office is. And while Custom PC is from another publisher, it's one we've had a long relationship with due to licensing material for PC & Tech Authority for the last... gosh, LOTS of years.

Love the magazine, as I do every month... Although I am quite frankly shocked to learn that parts of my beloved Atomic are outsourced/shared/pilfered to/from other magazines/countries.

As I pick up the shattered pieces of my utopian Atomican dream, might I also point out with regards to the "Gaming the System" article, Amazon UK doesn't ship games here. Or maybe they just don't ship games to me.

Also I would suggest that the avid bargain hunter familiarize themselves with GameCafe and OzBargain.

Anyways, good job on a good mag... I didn't notice as many spelling/typo/grammar errors in this issue as I normally do, so that's a bonus.

As I pick up the shattered pieces of my utopian Atomican dream, might I also point out with regards to the "Gaming the System" article, Amazon UK doesn't ship games here. Or maybe they just don't ship games to me.

Also I would suggest that the avid bargain hunter familiarize themselves with GameCafe and OzBargain.

Anyways, good job on a good mag... I didn't notice as many spelling/typo/grammar errors in this issue as I normally do, so that's a bonus.

Ah, my mistake, I should've checked with Amazon first. They'll happily ship blu-rays, books and music here, I assumed games came too. I considered including aggregators like that into the article, but as it was aimed at those who don't know where to find anything for cheap, I thought it was a little too much depth (plus I barely had room for what I wanted to say as is!).

And the reduction in typos is probably because I'm sub-editing the raw text files as they come in - glad someone's noticed :)

Just wanted to say how awesome the battlezone article was. I got a spanking new pentium 2 266 in 98 and picked up an issue of PCPP which had the battlezone demo on the coverdisk. I was hooked; I saved my pennies and bought the game soon after. I must have played the campaigns dozens of times. Coincidentally I think Ben was PCPP's editor at the time too.

Unfortunately I couldn't get any of my friends interested. One even described it as 'that gay game with the green view'. his favorite game was counter strike so I knew not to put much stock in his opinions on games :)

When BZ2 came around I couldn't run it because of lack of a 3d card so I missed out :(

But I totally agree with the article, it was a fantastic game, you could tell they put a lot of effort into it and tried to really break the mould. It really deserved to do a lot better.

Im also loving the retro consoles feature. Looking forward to the next installment of both articles :)

And the reduction in typos is probably because I'm sub-editing the raw text files as they come in - glad someone's noticed :)

Yes, having a second pair of eyes back on board makes a HUGE difference :)