Sign in to follow this  
azamoth

Seriously- stop being so lazy!

Also, sounds like you're the only one who wants less content in the mag... :P

I didn't pitch it like that, I pitched it as there would be more profit and no one except mr twinke would know.

Also, sounds like you're the only one who wants less content in the mag... :P

I didn't pitch it like that, I pitched it as there would be more profit and no one except mr twinke would know.

Posted Image Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I actually don't mind ads. Its a quick way of informing the reader what new stuff is out and gives you a brief run down of the specs of something you might not really have been aware of. For me sometimes I flick through magazines just for the ads, because they are not eye sores and are pleasing to the eye- kind of relaxing when you sit in front of a screen 8+ hours a day.

But when I see the same graphics card in the kit log over and over, my eyes hurt.

I think to make it fair for everyone, just have a quick survey of potential changes you might make to the kit log and let the readers decide. Can easily be done on the site here- let it run for a month or so, and tabulate the results. You might be surprised...

Edited by azamoth

On the other hands, ads are misleading. Once I saw an ad for Warhammer: Mark of Chaos in Atomic. As I was right outside EB games at the time of reading it, I went right in and bought it.

One of the worst games I've ever played! The only good bit was the excellent opening cinematic.

Also, it always amuses me when I read a review for a motherboard or whatever, and it gets a terrible score and basically 'do not buy this', then a few pages later, there's a big full page ad declaring how awesome it is :P

Well, it's worth remembering that ads are paid for, and not editorially driven at all. Of course a company is going to praise their own product!

Adds are as misleading as you want them to be. Almost as much as you want to believe a politician is telling you the truth. At the end of the day you need to make an informed decision from what you know and what you think you know. The thing that convinces buyers what to buy the most, is actually what their family and friends say and buy, not advertising.

The thing that convinces buyers what to buy the most, is actually what their family and friends say and buy, not advertising.

... and the recommendations of impartial experts - such as one would expect to find in Atomic magazine's Kitlog section.