Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
2SHY

Samsung Nexus Prime: 1.5GHz Dual Core/ 720p/Super AMOLED +/16GB Mem/1gb RAM

I'm excited! The hardware doesn't look like much design-wise, but hardware-wise 720P in my hand is sweeeeet.

I'm excited! The hardware doesn't look like much design-wise, but hardware-wise 720P in my hand is sweeeeet.

I agree, Samsung should round up their design department, then tell them all to go find another job. They simply suck.

Hardware wise, OMGWTFBBQ that display is gonna be sweeeet! Only disappointment for me is the crummy GPU.

no microsd?

Also the Nexus models are generally the base models for the OS they are released for.

Edited by PointZeroOne

I like this feature:

Disabling Apps

ICS adds the ability to disable an app outright. Don't like an app that came preinstalled? Disable it! Its resources never run and its launcher icon is gone until you re-enable it. (This doesn't free up any space -- it can't, since pre-installed apps are included in the read-only system storage. But it does put them "out of sight, out of mind.")

https://plus.google.com/1119620770498904184...sts/EZzd8nBF29C

Which GPU is it, exactly? I didn't see a processor model name mentioned anywhere...

I think it's safe to assume it's running an OMAP4460.

Galaxy Nexus versus the competition: by the numbers

CPU: TI OMAP 4460

GPU: PowerVR SGX 540

Ah, thanks for the link. So it'll be graphically less than the iPhone 4S, but still more than enough to run HD video on that shiny screen.

Yeah the RAZR looks swish, but unless it runs 4.0 I don't want it. Plus no NFC and only single-band wireless n (not that either matter too much, I'm just being picky :P). Kevlar's a nice idea and all, but the screen has to be good too.

Wow, not a bad sensor on the SGN at all! Trounces the iPhone, especially that shot of the dock/port. Screen looks like it'll be exceptionally hard for the RAZR to match.

Posted Image

I love how the SGN says it's my next phone whereas the iPhone just says thing. Hee.

I find it surprising that the Galaxy Nexus screen actually looks better colour temperature wise than the iPhone. Perhaps they finally mastered OLED manufacturing?

I find it surprising that the Galaxy Nexus screen actually looks better colour temperature wise than the iPhone. Perhaps they finally mastered OLED manufacturing?

Does the iPhone4 have a screen by LG? Samsung screens always have little bit of a punch in the colour temperature.

Does the iPhone4 have a screen by LG? Samsung screens always have little bit of a punch in the colour temperature.

Yep, I believe so. Samsung OLED displays do exaggerate saturation, but they have a cool colour temperature. In this case, they've made it more neutral.

Galaxy Nexus thrashes the iPhone 4s here. Although the fancy animations on iOS 5 make it look fast.

This one's for Frunj... :P

Posted Image

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

I think the trend for mobile phones is to be wide and thin, rather than narrow and thick. Which i think to be a normal movement towards thinner and wider phones.

Pre-Order at handtec.co.uk for $775.20. Also at Clove.co.uk for $791.80.

I expect that to drop in 6 months later after it starts shipping properly.

Edited by 2SHY

Yeah, the screen and the camera:

http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/19/galaxy-...s-vs-iphone-4s/

Only been out for a week, and the iPhone 4S camera quality is already shamed. Thank you Google/Samsung for going for a quality sensor rather than cashing in on the "MOAR MEGAPIXELZZZ" hype.

I want to see whether either of these phones can outdo the quality of the year-old Nokia N8 for photo or video. It's all about the sensor size, baby!

I eagerly await GSMArena's full review of SGN and iP4S as so far most of the "vs" camera tests I've seen have been biased and/or not reliably comparable. Some guy from "Allaboutsymbian.com" did a test that showed the N8 was better... what a twist! :--P but GSMA's photo compare tool is about as objective as anyone can hope and their database is pretty dang good.

Edited by thesorehead