Flouncy

[PC] F1 2011 Atomic championship

UPDATES:

22/11/11 Patch 2 fixes the spring bug, previous setup restrictions lifted.

We have room for up to 3-4 racers each session, post and get into it.

We're racing with driver aids off. Auto gears are allowed.

When: Weekly, 8pm each Sunday night (Syd time) - first race on Sunday Oct 9th.

What: The full F1 season calendar, race by race.

How: 50% race distance (takes less than an hour). Some events will be 100% distance. Driver aids are not permitted.

Who: YOU! And the cool fun guys from previous seasons. Up to 16 players can be in a single race.

The prize: Glory, fun, and the Team Championship and Drivers Championship.

Info: Ask away right here, and hit www.atomicf1.com, being Kikz'z fab site for results, stats, news, vids and guides and other stuff.

What you need: The game, a wheel and mic are highly recommended. Voice is via the built-in GFWL client, it works well.

If you're getting this game - and you should - it's fantastic - then you're invited to join the championship. Past seasons were amazing fun for all, regardless of skill level. If you've never raced online before, then this is the place to get into it. We promise you it's huge fun, and we're all nice and friendly.

SKILL

All skills levels are welcome, though of course you'll need to practice so you enjoy it more.

COMMITMENT

We're looking for folks who can race (pretty much) every Sunday night at 8pm (Sydney time). If it turns out that we're over-subscribed, preference will be given to those who can commit to regular racing. We understand things come up, so it's ok if you need to miss a race here and there, though of course if you're chasing points there's nothing we can do about that.

Remember that we will have drop outs so keep an eye out and let it be known if you just want to jump into the occasional race.

If over-subscribed, preference will be given to those who have raced in previous seasons. Realistically though it's unlikely we'll face this scenario.

CARS AND TEAMS

All cars will be set to equal performance for the race - so it doesn't matter what you drive in terms of being competitive. The new game allows two cars of each type, so we're going to form teams on that basis. Racers in previous seasons will get preference for their car choice.

We'll be forming teams for the constructors championship, and that will be based on how it turns out with the first ones in to nominate a type of car, then trying to match them with someone who will also drive that car type. So get in and state your preference for a team mate early. We may force team changes if particularly strong or weak drivers are together in a team, to keep things balanced. If you don't know who you want as a team-mate, or are just new here and don't know anyone, no worries, sign up anyway and we'll figure that out for you.

PORT FORWARDING

It's highly recommended that you open the following ports, or else you may have trouble connecting.

Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 80.

Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP and TCP port 3074.

Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP port 88

Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP and TCP port 53

Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 443

Using a static IP (if able) is also recommended.

RIGHT! Questions, suggestions - shoot.

Please say what your GFWL name is (if different to your Atomic name) when you let us know you're in.

ATOMIC F1 2011 SEASON 4 RACERS:

Ferrari

Flouncy

ET ROM

Mercedes

Nightkid

Modz

Williams

roxas3sora3

Mark84

Lotus

fredzfrog

HOLYGH0ST

McLaren

TurrbalTerror (kikz)

bobaj0r

Renault

Lambo

CruiserComet (nobody813)

Red Bull

notjedi (lemaster22)

st8smn

VIDEOS!

A few drivers like to record their races, and thee have proved to be popular and entertaining. Lambo's compiled the full list of vids we have so far, and here's the mighty list:

Season 4

Round 2 - Malaysia

- Ghost

- ET ROM au

Round 3 - China

- Ghost Qualifying

- Ghost

- Kikz Qualifying

- Kikz

- bobaj0r

Round 4 - Turkey

- Kikz

- bobaj0r

Round 5 - Spain

- Lambo Part #1

- Lambo Part #2

- Lambo Part #3

- Kikz Qualifying

- Kikz

- Spain

Round 6 - Monaco

- Ghost

- Kikz

Round 7 - Canada

- Lambo

- Ghost

- bobaj0r

Round 8 - Valencia

- Lambo

- Ghost

- b0baj0r

Round 9 - Silverstone

- Lambo

- ET ROM au

- Kikz

- bobaj0r

Round 10 - Nurburgring

- Lambo

- Kikz

- bobaj0r

Round 11 - Istanbul

- Ghost

Round 12 - Spa

- Lambo

- Ghost

- Kikz

- Kikz Qualifying

--------------------------------------------------------

Season 3

Round 1 - Bahrain

- Lambo

Round 2 - Melbourne

- Lambo

Round 3 - Malaysia

- Lambo

Round 4 - China

- Lambo

Round 5 - Spain

- Lambo

Round 6 - Monaco

- Lambo

Round 7 - Instanbul

- Lambo

Round 8 - Montreal

- Lambo

Round 9 - Valencia

- Lambo Part #1

- Lambo Part #2

Round 10 - Silverstone

- Lambo

- Ghost

Round 11 - Germany

- Lambo Part #1

- Lambo Part #2

- Ghost Part #1

- Ghost Part #2

Round 12 - Budapest

- Lambo Part #1

- Lambo Part #2

- Ghost Part #1

- Ghost Part #2

Round 13 - Spa

- Lambo

- Ghost Part #1

- Ghost Part #2

Round 14 - Monza

- Lambo

- Ghost

Round 15 - Singapore

- Ghost Part #1

- Ghost Part #2

Round 16 - Japan

- Ghost Part #1

- Ghost Part #2

Round 17 - Korea

- Lambo

- Ghost

Round 18 - Brazil

- Ghost Part #1

- Ghost Part #2

Round 19 - Abu Dhabi

- Ghost

Season 2

Round 13 - Spa

- Lambo

Round 14 - Monza

- Lambo

Round 16 - Singapore

- Lambo

Round 17 - Korea

- Lambo Part #1

- Lambo Part #2

Round 18 - Brazil

- Lambo

Round 19 - Abu Dhabi

- Lambo

Misc

- Atomic F1

- F1 2011 mod for F1 2010

- MacDudes video

- Season 4 Preview

- Monaco Simulator

Laps

- Spain 2010

- Spain 2011

- Melbourne 2010

- Monza 2010

- Istanbul 2010

- Monaco 2010

- Montreal 2010

- Abu Dhabi 2010

- Hockenheimring 2010 Edited by Flouncy

- first race on Sunday Sep 9th.

the next sunday september the 9th is 2012

you mean october the 9th 2011 right?

Edited by st8smn

Driver: HOLYGH0ST

Car: Lotus (is it still green?)

Team: The best one

Edited by Ghost05

Driver: TurrbalTerror

Car: McLaren

Team: McLaren

Do you need to port forward or will uPnP suffice? And if ur going to forward your ports, put firewall exceptions for those ports :p

Edited by kikz

- first race on Sunday Sep 9th.

the next sunday september the 9th is 2012

you mean october the 9th 2011 right?

I sure did. Typo fixed.

Do you need to port forward or will uPnP suffice? And if ur going to forward your ports, put firewall exceptions for those ports :p

NFI.

Anyone wanna team up with a maingey, flea ridden teammate who never showers and stinks up the garage, but may be able to win a race or two?...

...Flouncy is the guy for you. My car still smells from parking it in his garage. It's not the cars exhaust fumes you have to worry about, it's Flouncy's exhaust fumes that is the real killer.

So anyway, who is going to be my teammate. Anyone game? Do I have to advertise my acheivements in bed on the track?

OK, Previous 'almost' championship winner here. Last championship was viciously taken away from me, by my own teammate no less, by fowl play(Well that's my story and I am sticking with it). I can do an awesome burnout the whole way down the pit lane and not get a penalty. I jump kerbs like a boss. I can be payed for favours. Basically, I'm a well grounded teammate.

Start the wooing.

Renault of course....

But I'm confused, some races will be %100?

Yep. Maybe. It's the 'marquee races' idea from Mac Dude. So a few of our favorite tracks through the season, especially if it's looking like a full grid. I'm thinking maybe even kick the season off with Melbourne at 100%.

Don't be confused!

Renault of course....

But I'm confused, some races will be %100?

Yep. Maybe. It's the 'marquee races' idea from Mac Dude. So a few of our favorite tracks through the season, especially if it's looking like a full grid. I'm thinking maybe even kick the season off with Melbourne at 100%.

Don't be confused!

I see. Ok just hope we don't run too late on those ones...

Now from a 'race replay' point of view. I know we should let people drive the car they want, but it would be really really nice and cool if people in the same team drove the same car.....I say this because I for one would love to see correct car and teams on my race replays...LOL....rather then Force India with a Renault picture....would also make what I want to do with the race replays cooler.

Not to mention, what about pitting.....would kinda be unfair I guess to have team mates on the same team driving different cars be able to pit at the same time. Wouldn't driving the same car be more interesting as well as tactical?

Edited by Lambo

NFI.

uPnP should suffice. I'm manually port forwarding to be sure...

Though.. port 80 and 88 are commonly used HTTP ports and port 443 is the SSL port for web servers. I want to know whats going on on port 80. Methinks some packet sniffing is in order when I get the game, becuase port 80 is also used for web services and if that's the case that means there could be some sort of publicly accessible API... /me dares to dream.

Edited by kikz

All true Lambo - but many here are passionate about driving a certain car, and that kinda makes it tough. I can see the sense in it, and if it turns out that way, great.

I see. Ok just hope we don't run too late on those ones...

Now from a 'race replay' point of view. I know we should let people drive the car they want, but it would be really really nice and cool if people in the same team drove the same car.....I say this because I for one would love to see correct car and teams on my race replays...LOL....rather then Force India with a Renault picture....would also make what I want to do with the race replays cooler.

Not to mention, what about pitting.....would kinda be unfair I guess to have team mates on the same team driving different cars be able to pit at the same time. Wouldn't driving the same car be more interesting as well as tactical?

I reckon this. I've already entered some drivers in the teams they indicated based on their cars.

slighty site updated too http://www.atomicf1.com

Flouncy, then shouldn't they drive for that team? I know I'm driving the McLaren because I get on my knees for Ron.

also on twitter @atomicf1. I'll be sending out related tweets on that account- like race reminders, new news and guides, setups etc.

Edited by kikz

Well, sure then. Let's make teams based on cars.

It fixes the possible pitting exploit too. For example, if Ghost was driving the same car as me, it was time to pit, and I was ahead by a second or so - I would * definitely* pit first and hope he followed me in and then have to wait...

Driver: roxas3sora3

Car: Virgin Racing

Team: TBC

Team mate: TBC

I'll unlock the new team soon after I figure out a few more things.

Are we doing more "balanced" teams this season? If so, there probably won't often be pit box queueing either. In reality, anyone other than the Mansell, Senna, Piquet, Prost of the modern era are going to be more than a pitstop length behind come pit stop time anyway.

Are we doing more "balanced" teams this season? If so, there probably won't often be pit box queueing either. In reality, anyone other than the Mansell, Senna, Piquet, Prost of the modern era are going to be more than a pitstop length behind come pit stop time anyway.

Yep.

I've PMed a certain someone with a team offer for myself, and it's about as balanced as you can get.

If we are doing teams, then it should be okay to be in the same team car then.

If I recall correctly, we agreed that this season should have one main F1 driver and one GP2/newer drivers to even the odds. Everyone alright with that?

If I recall correctly, we agreed that this season should have one main F1 driver and one GP2/newer drivers to even the odds. Everyone alright with that?

Works for me.

Who wants to get me donuts?

oh and I'm dissapointed I didn't just get a fucking PM.

Edited by kikz

Yep.

Or a team with two mid-runners also works.

[

oh and I'm dissapointed I didn't just get a fucking PM.

LOL. We couldn't be teamies - we're both too good.