Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
dylan6307

Why is Google.com browsing the forums?

I was just looking at the thing down the bottom that said all the members browsing the forums, and one of them was Google.com

why is this?

p.s. sorry if I posted in the wrong section this just looked the most like off topic from the posts I saw

Because they like to keep tabs on everyone with an internet connection :P

Nah, it's just a Google spider, you'll occasionally see other spiders crawling through the internet. They basically are the data collectors for the search engine. The forum software just gives them an ID because it's nice like that.

I was just looking at the thing down the bottom that said all the members browsing the forums, and one of them was Google.com

why is this?

p.s. sorry if I posted in the wrong section this just looked the most like off topic from the posts I saw

From http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=17014

Why is google.com in the Board Statistics area at the bottom of the forum index?

Google is one of many web crawlers which gather information about the forum, its threads, posts and other content. It does this to keep an up-to-date database. It ensures that new posts are able to be retrieved from within Google's search facilities. This is a good thing.

woops my bad! I just read that atomic feedback part then, should have looked before I posted it :S

Nothing a little mod magic can't help with :-)

Ta-da! :-)

woops my bad! I just read that atomic feedback part then, should have looked before I posted it :S

amazing

amazing

I wonder what she was wearing when she did that?

I hate spiders !!!!

Yeah, it's just too big!

Oh, wait...I thought you said Spyders! I thought it a bit strange he was showing it to you. You being a man and all.

But then again, morris was quite acquainted with it.

wow, just wow!

thanks for that

A couple of times I've been debating stuff in here with someone, and been Googling for suppoting facts ... and the first Google result is actually the Atomic thread we're posting in, LOL.