peteed1985

SWTOR RELEASE DATE

how is it we can Beta stuff here but not get the game.

my son did beta for Lego Universe and I found out last week it's goign free to play. was not even released here sowe could only do with the non regeonal sampler content.

we don't even need servers in australia and phone numbers can be diverted to any global location for tech support.

what a PITA.

lego universe is being shut down permanently next year apparently.

how is it we can Beta stuff here but not get the game.

my son did beta for Lego Universe and I found out last week it's goign free to play. was not even released here sowe could only do with the non regeonal sampler content.

we don't even need servers in australia and phone numbers can be diverted to any global location for tech support.

what a PITA.

lego universe is being shut down permanently next year apparently.

shame really. it was a reasonable kids level mmo. most of it was bash grinding but it was lego, all of their games are bashing stuff up and absorbing their giblets.

there was also the buildign section where you could open up your own island and build what ever you wanted from the special bits you collected or bought.

it was all about creating. I've even got The Adventures of Clutch Powers which was a movie that had alot of elements from lego universe.

it could have replaced runescape as the go to hang out for kids, for a while.

Edited by meowkitty

"You are logged in from a region that we do not allow some to play from".

That's my beta testing experience!

Same here :(

Got a second e-mail though a few days later, and this time when I logged in it started downloading several GB's of stuff, so fingers crossed.

I seem to be in now, with no region/IP issues ... we'll see how it goes :-)

Have to say a few bugs but to me it already feels more polished then WoW does atm been enjoying it since 6:30 this morning :

I really want to play, been waiting since midnight last night for download, 20 gigs >.<.

Wish i had my old internet back, miss ADSL 2, since I moved the area only covers ADSL 1 and only recently upgraded to ADSL 2 the lines, IINet doesn't reconise this, Yet on Whirlpool it does.

I'm liking it. Little to no bugs on my end. Looks decent enough. Thinking about picking it up on launch.

I'm liking it. Little to no bugs on my end. Looks decent enough. Thinking about picking it up on launch.

Better on importing as no release set for Australia

Been checking it out today, I like the star wars feel, i do feel they cloned the wow battle system, I am use to this so makes it easier to get into.

Thanks for the update.

I got in with no region issues either.

Love the questing system, although the markers on the map and quest descriptions (objectives) could be more clear. Having to mouseover a tiny arrow thing on the map to see which quest the location is related to is annoying. The story unfolds quite nicely and I like what they've done with this part of the game.

Combat feels.. Ugh. Not sure how you can say it feels more polished than WoW. It feels extremely rigid, while things like animations flow nicely (moving from one combat move to the next), it still has that clunky feeling that I have come to loathe in these sorts of games ever since WoW "got it right." The only fun I had with the combat was when I played Jedi Knight and you get that leap ability which leaps you to your target from over 40 metres away or something, only to land on top of a group of enemies and watch half their hp drop right off the bat. That was pretty cool.

I can just tell the PVP is going to be terrible, haven't even gotten close to encountering someone from the Sith side yet.

Probably won't buy.

It's times like these I wish I never ever played WoW, then I would probably have a different outlook on the way these games *should* feel to play.

I played A Sith Warrior over the weekend.

I actually quite enjoyed the combat, you really feel like a heavy hitter.

One thing that got me was that the environments (at least on Korriban) werent as detailed as some places in WoW yet my framerate was worse than I would expect.

It's probably because of the beta, but other than that, ToR is shaping up to be awesome fun.

Side note: It was strange that once you got your head around being a Sith you would just do dark side actions without blinking.....Somehow my morals have been corrupted I think.

SPARE NO ONE!

I played A Sith Warrior over the weekend.

I actually quite enjoyed the combat, you really feel like a heavy hitter.

One thing that got me was that the environments (at least on Korriban) werent as detailed as some places in WoW yet my framerate was worse than I would expect.

It's probably because of the beta, but other than that, ToR is shaping up to be awesome fun.

Side note: It was strange that once you got your head around being a Sith you would just do dark side actions without blinking.....Somehow my morals have been corrupted I think.

SPARE NO ONE!

Yer i played the Sith Sorcerer, got away from the warrior class, I loved the story telling how you got to choose how you respond, the game is great all around and very fluent.

"I Don't Care for your Morals, Just give me the goods."

lol.

I had a go at most classes.

Got to lvl 10 on a jedi consular and off world.

Level 8 on a jedi knight

level 8 on a smuggler

and 2-5 on a soldier, sith warior and bounty hunter.

Bounty hunter has potential but I generally dont like playing the empire/darkside.

I found the slow running around frustrating, wish they could sprint.

I also was a little annoyed that I couldn't shoot while running. (smuggler)

Once I got off world with the consular I felt a little lost and thus lost motivation to do anything.

I don't know if id be willing to pay for subscription, but id definitely pay a one off fee.

I think the beta weekend finished early this morning didn't it?

Anyway, had a good 5+ hour bash last night, got my jedi to level 14 or so.

Love the way the questing works, quests are divided into clusters so you kind of grab one, and then a few more, and they're all in the same area, even once you're outside the starting 'padawan' zone.

There are some pretty good things in the game, like the solo areas and such, weapon/armor upgrades, and the obvious voiceover questing which is excellent. However like I said:

Combat is crap.

For a game that has this much backing and this much production dollar going into it, it really should be the best of the best in these key areas. There are some cool moves but it just doesn't feel right imo. Things like moofactory said above, the smuggler can't shoot while moving, that's ridiculous. Overall I found myself falling asleep while I was hitting mobs on my Jedi. It could get more interesting but as I said it's not the abilities that are boring it's the way it feels to play, extremely slow and clunky.

And that for me is a deal breaker >.<

Next................

Reached level 7 as a jedi knight and this is as far as I go. the game seems redundant. Besides you have to do lots and lots of boring quests to level up.

But this game, I believe, will become a hit for kiddies but not for adults.

Personally, I don't want to buy the full version when released. This beta is good enough to get a taste of SWTOR.

Love the way the questing works, quests are divided into clusters so you kind of grab one, and then a few more, and they're all in the same area, even once you're outside the starting 'padawan' zone.

There are some pretty good things in the game, like the solo areas and such, weapon/armor upgrades, and the obvious voiceover questing which is excellent. However like I said:

Combat is crap.

For a game that has this much backing and this much production dollar going into it, it really should be the best of the best in these key areas. There are some cool moves but it just doesn't feel right imo. Things like moofactory said above, the smuggler can't shoot while moving, that's ridiculous. Overall I found myself falling asleep while I was hitting mobs on my Jedi. It could get more interesting but as I said it's not the abilities that are boring it's the way it feels to play, extremely slow and clunky.

Next................

Beta is still on :)

Combat is crap.

Next................

want to wait till the full game is released now, i had a crack at it.

Once I got off world with the consular I felt a little lost and thus lost motivation to do anything.

The slow running disappeared for me at Lv 14, when I finally got the Sprint ability ... such a relief!!

Was playing Jedi Knight, but from the chat seemed like most classes got the ability to sprint around then.

Combat is crap.

Next................

Beta went until 5pm today :-) ... I started playing early on in the beta and there were only East Coast US or Europe servers available. Just wondering if your combat experience was affected by server location more than the undelying mechanics of it (well, except for the smuggler running and gunning ...)?

The slow running disappeared for me at Lv 14, when I finally got the Sprint ability ... such a relief!!

Was playing Jedi Knight, but from the chat seemed like most classes got the ability to sprint around then.

Combat is crap.

Next................

Beta went until 5pm today :-) ... I started playing early on in the beta and there were only East Coast US or Europe servers available. Just wondering if your combat experience was affected by server location more than the undelying mechanics of it (well, except for the smuggler running and gunning ...)?

Nah, I don't think that's it :( I didn't really notice any lag. It felt like a global cooldown related thing, it felt very "stop-start" between each ability.

I'm just picky, don't mind me. :P

Oh dear.

I am guessing this game is being held off for release for other reasons. Thinking every Software publisher is watching and waiting for the outcome of the AFACT vs IINET case.

Hello codecreeper,

Hmm. May indeed be playing a role. To a greater or lesser extent. Would it be prudent in asking that Bioware should look into WoW's model of not having servers based in Oz? But then again, we'd be disadvantaged with pings again.

Ughhh, we never win!