peteed1985

SWTOR RELEASE DATE

Well done, Mulder on your CE.:O

I remember Azjol-Nerub server on WoW had two- three hour queues, back in the day. I remember coming to these very forums and reading about Blackrock having even longer than that. It seems we're all veterans of the queue issue - we should be able to have the game, pronto. :D

Back when I used to play on Blackrock, at its peak the queue could be around 3-4 hours, sometimes even longer. I remember jumping on when TBC came out and having a 3000 person queue, took forever.

started playing properly last night playing a Bounty hunter on Dark Reaper (server). Pretty good so far but im replaying stuff i did in the beta so the story isnt much fun a 2nd time.

but its good!

Proper Australian release is coming March 1st 2012.

EA are going to have local servers for the mmo and are also looking at giving transfers to any early adopters to get them onto local servers.

Proper Australian release is coming March 1st 2012.

EA are going to have local servers for the mmo and are also looking at giving transfers to any early adopters to get them onto local servers.

I really hope they offer the transfer to get on Oceanic or will really punish people who tried to be early adopters. (LIKE ME!)

Anyone know how to get a digital distribution of this game?

Because I dont want to wait forever to get the key from Amazon.com if I can help it? Would tunnelling work here, where I have to somehow use an US ip address to do it?

Stupid question. If I bought a CD key from them, where do I download the game from?

straight off the starwars website you activate your account with that key and then download the game from the official site.

i just wanna be clear that he had a good experience but you should make own judgement as to the legitimacy of that site as i myself havent use it yet.

but my friend is playing and he did buy his key off there so it should be fine.

Stupid question. If I bought a CD key from them, where do I download the game from?

straight off the starwars website you activate your account with that key and then download the game from the official site.

i just wanna be clear that he had a good experience but you should make own judgement as to the legitimacy of that site as i myself havent use it yet.

but my friend is playing and he did buy his key off there so it should be fine.

Would you be able to ask your friend how big the client is? I want to know before I buy, because if it's 20GB+ I won't bother.

Thanks for your help.

Just ordered my copy off amazon, scored collectors delivered (fast international) $180 should be here on the 3rd woohoo!!!!!

Arrived today, all I can say the collectors pack is WOW! Huge box and all high quality!

Arrived today, all I can say the collectors pack is WOW! Huge box and all high quality!

Shopi, you started playing yet? How do we Aussies stack up against US pings? Game good?

Do tell!

Edited by Bodie_CI5

Pings aren't bad , I am getting 180-230ms . And yes the CE is AWESOME (got mine on 20th December). Hopefully when the Australian servers are up in march , they will offer free transfers to us that bought the CE and is playing it already .

The game is great . It has to be one of the smoothest launches I have been in . The storylines is where its at , they have gone to fine detail with the stories . Im a lvl 38 Bounty Hunter and loving him . Have 4 companions so far .

This is a game that i can see me playing for a long time . Sure there are few graphical bugs rarely seen , all in all , if you like storybased games you will like . And some of my decisions have already gotten me in trouble with people trying to kill me further along .

Hi Mulder, and thank you! Somebody a while ago in this thread complained about the combat looking stiff (IIRC), but that I think this was for the beta. Has this been ironed out?

Thanks again for your very informative reply!

I like to help , I have never found the combat stiff , even in the weekend beta . Just loving everything about the game , i am on Hoth at the moment . Also Space combat is great (its on rails space combat , but still great).

Are you getting it Bodie ??

Thanks for the heads up :-)

I haven't proceeded with any pre order or anything yet, but I have been wanting it for a while, now. Had gotten seriously bored of WoW so I stopped it a few months ago. Had also purchased Star Trek, it felt somewhat empty, however.

Yeah , i played wow from the beginning , wained away after BC , left , then saw WoLK and thought why not , got DK up to max level and went hmmm now very bored . Then left . Wow will be just a meh game to me . Wow is getting to long in the tooth now . Graphically its a kids game and community (most) is just hardcore guilds that only say 'what gear you got ??" . its all blah blah . I have played Tabula Rasa (when it was up) , Age of Conan (when it first came out) , Rift was a great game just lost interest . Lotro (got very boring very quickly).

SWTOR is not a think outside the box MMO , but , it takes all that is good from others and makes them work together , and with biowares story telling ability , winning game . It already has over 1 millions subscribers and is the fastest subscribed game in history .

But in the end its up to individual i suppose .

Yep, me too with WoW. First week of release in Oz. Quit for a couple weeks in BC, then played right through Lich (I loved it as an xpac). Then Cataclysm... I think all up, some 3-4 weeks worth on Cata. Only thing I miss from that game, apart from some admittedly stunning scenery in areas, are gnomes. Lil' Cuties haha - but I never rolled one. The game, though, did have some great things going for it, even after all this time. If, as you say, SWTOR has taken the positives from all the bigger-named MMO's, then hopefully, it will be one to enjoy for a long time.

Shopi, you started playing yet? How do we Aussies stack up against US pings? Game good?

Do tell!

Installed it today and had to patch it, ran out of time had to come into work (nightshift) =[ will keep u posted Thursday /Friday when I'll finally get to play. I played the beta and didn't have any ping issues what so ever.

Hi Mulder, and thank you! Somebody a while ago in this thread complained about the combat looking stiff (IIRC), but that I think this was for the beta. Has this been ironed out?

Thanks again for your very informative reply!

Had no dramas in the beta, found it rather fluid. Loved running around hacking shit up with my training saber =] love the force abilities as well. For me even in beta it was a well rounded game. I did have the opinion though that swtor beta, was what a lot of developers have been releasing as finished products ( aion, aoc, etc) nice to see a company take the time to actually want / attempt to iron issues out instead of getting it out there and milking subscriptions.

I've played a few mmos wow, aion, aoc, eve, Dc universe. Star wars hooked me straight up, could be the hype could be cause I'm a star wars junkie from way back. All the mmos had great points but all lacked something. Wow was close (original wow) overtime its became to easy, and to much content. I left wow prior to LK didn't bother with it, came back few mths prior to 4.3 and was raiding top content within 2 weeks... Way to easy ...

Whats the flashpoints (instances like so far in swtor? Didn't get to do any in beta just did more exploring and questing then anything)