peteed1985

SWTOR RELEASE DATE

You get your ship as soon as you complete your character class missions, on the 2nd planet, I believe, ( I got mine around 17, i was busy doing all the 2ndary quest lines etc, but there were others talking about it on server that were around the lvl 14 mark)

Yeah, got it around lvl 16 after leaving Coruscant. Gotta say, being on rails makes it... relaxing... somewhat.

The spacescapes in them are quite nice to look at while flying about.

At lvl 22 now and leveling has noticeably started to take longer. Getting to lvl 50 could take a while...

I was honestly having a lot of fun with the game right up till around level 30..

Then the game comes to a screeching halt. You end up in really large, bland zones with quests spread out all over the place.

You spend most of your time grinding through mobs and returning to hand in the quests.. so you can go out again a little further and grind mobs again.

I actually really enjoyed the space combat. I didn't even mind so much that it was on rails. What eventually disappointed me was that there only appear to be a hand full of "mission types", with the only difference between levels being harder difficulty.

The XP drop off for completing those missions more than once is also huge, so there's little incentive to grind them (unless you're farming fleet commendations).

The highlights of the game for me would be the voice acting and writing (both extremely solid) and the class quests. I woudn't have made it to level 45 if I hadn't been invested in seeing how the class quest was going to pan out.

It was all the stuff in between that finally burnt me out. Questing just wound up feeling like some kind of second job, rather than an adventure.

I level up through pvping, class quests and teaming up for heroics and operations. Other than that, I dont bother with quests, because side quests are the standard MMO style, it never was the story that I played.

I prefer playing with people as well doing Operations (instances) and Heroics. Make a few friends and play along the way.

Anybody still playing this? I just got it a few days ago ( just got my first ship ) and am looking for some company online as it's been a fairly solitary affair so far.

I played this for 2 months after importing it, and then I got bored.

A game that had such potential ended up sucking badly.

To hell with LucasArts & Bioware. What a lazily designed game. Tedious quests, unrealistic combat.

To hell with LucasArts & Bioware. What a lazily designed game. Tedious quests, unrealistic combat.

LOL - cos we all know that lightsabers should behave like torches irl. I mean they're just emitting light.

And no matter how hard I squint and stare at my wife I can't force persuade her to give me a blowjob while I'm playing.

LOL - cos we all know that lightsabers should behave like torches irl. I mean they're just emitting light.

And no matter how hard I squint and stare at my wife I can't force persuade her to give me a blowjob while I'm playing.

And we all know that Star Wars fanbois defend their games and movies blindly.

I've gotten to level 46 and pretty much stopped. I'll have to make an effort just to get to the end to finish the story.

But yeah after that I don't think I'll keep playing.

Has Bioware done the whole transition aussie gamers to aussie servers thing yet? I haven't seen anything mentioned and no email notifications.

The aussie transfers are up, you can also move from PvE to the Aus pvp if you made the same mistake i did.

I just transfered 3 toons to the Aus PvP server, the 1.2 patch they just released is quite good too, fixed a lot of the little anoying problems and the pvp is awesome fun.

Im a massive fan of getting on skype and pumping through the warzones

If you want heals on the republic side add my sage "whitedog"

I got a tank and dps on the empire too, "domevador & kbirds"