aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

Hey guys, I have an idea, lets all make the new tech editor feel welcome by challenging everything he says in every thread he posts in, nice to see the people who always complain about the tech sections being empty are the same ones that are alienating new people, regardless of their role or standing on the forums.

mudg3 I'm used to you being a bit of an elitist, its cool, I get it, but seriously, its plain to see that you're just targeting him for the sake of it.

elitism is what killed atomic.

that and argumentative dicks who walk the line of acceptable conduct and get good community members banned or pissed off.

Hey guys, I have an idea, lets all make the new tech editor feel welcome by challenging everything he says in every thread he posts in, nice to see the people who always complain about the tech sections being empty are the same ones that are alienating new people, regardless of their role or standing on the forums.

mudg3 I'm used to you being a bit of an elitist, its cool, I get it, but seriously, its plain to see that you're just targeting him for the sake of it.

that and argumentative dicks who walk the line of acceptable conduct and get good community members banned or pissed off.

Nail..... head..... small nuclear explosion on head of nail to hit the exact point of view I have.

Once upon a time topics in the green room wouldn't last on the front page if they hadn't been bumped for 24 hours, now half the page is yesterdays news.

Why don't mods pull people like this into line is it because a majority of mods these days are these kind of people?

Nail..... head..... small nuclear explosion on head of nail to hit the exact point of view I have.

Once upon a time topics in the green room wouldn't last on the front page if they hadn't been bumped for 24 hours, now half the page is yesterdays news.

Why don't mods pull people like this into line is it because a majority of mods these days are these kind of people?

my problem with the green room is all the nancy pansy uptight assholes in there, you can't post anything not politically correct or anything funny that has a dig at anyone who is different in society without the losers all taking some kind of offense.

at least in here people give as good as they get and everyone is happy.

Edited by nesquick

Without trying to turn this into a bitch about the green room thread it seems that there is an IN crowd and anyone who doesn't agree with them in any way is shunned. Thus turning the forum to AIDS

Just hung out with the Senior Level Artist from Dice, really cool guy. He comes from Australind of all places! I asked him if they were developing anything new, he just told me they were doing DLC for a year(BF3) and work has already begun on BF4.

Just hung out with the Senior Level Artist from Dice, really cool guy. He comes from Australind of all places! I asked him if they were developing anything new, he just told me they were doing DLC for a year(BF3) and work has already begun on BF4.

did you tell him operation metro sucks and its all his fault?

did you tell him operation metro sucks and its all his fault?

Haha you wouldn't believe it but he actually brought that up himself. He was in charge of all the environments, textures etc. He wasn't involved in the map designs at all.

Had a pretty shit time on Metro the other night. It's just a meatgrinder dominated by snipers, and medics getting a million revives (made some cashy points myself). I wish smoke was more prevalent.

That is very cool. I always dreamed when I was younger to be a level designer/artist, alas, I didn't put in the time or the effort... Jealous of this guy! Tell him he did a great job - this is exactly where BF3 is separated from the rest, textures are second to none, especially considering the sheer amount of shit going on in this game and the size of each map.

On another note - tried getting back into MP last night, I enjoyed a few rounds levelling up engineer kit but game seems to be dominated by speds who would rather fly around in choppers contributing fuck all to the team, or every man and his dog are recon. Kinda meh. Really should probably get into platoon matches if I want to start enjoying this again.

and work has already begun on BF4.

And people dont believe me when I say this.

Really? EA announced not long after BF3 was announced that they would be doing it bi-yearly.

Did he say a year for the next DLC or BF4 in 2013?

Cheers

I think its good we are not all one homogenous blob of same opinions though

and also nuke wtf is that boy toy thing under your hero tag? no doubt in how you got it :S

I flirted with Chaos.Lady in a feedback thread.

Yep, that was in my "I need help I'm locked out of my account" thread...it was sorted for me then it morphed into something weird and surreal...lots of literary stroking goings on. I don't know the history...got a good insight.

-----

I've had a couple of days off BF3 and any sort of PC gaming...been sort of good. I'm still enjoying BF3. Recon in hardcore mode pisses me off a bit, only cause I can't see where they are in the death cam...When I do find them it's righteous vengeance!

Question: The "Amored Warfare Ribbon" get 7 kills with land vehicles...can that be any land vehicle? Say Tank, LAV and Jeep? Is a LAV-25 / BTR-90 counted as "Transport Vehicles" towards the "Transport Warfare Ribbon"...Just trying to make a clear distinction. Kill four with a jeep you'd get...and kill 7 with a tank / lav you'd get...

Cheers

and work has already begun on BF4.

And people dont believe me when I say this.

Are you still getting kicked by PB?

I quite liked the single player, and the cut scenes didn't trouble me too much.

I also think Metro has a valid role as a novel BF experience.

Failure to stay true to core values crippled both the forums and the magazine.

Edited by Virtuoso

Question: The "Amored Warfare Ribbon" get 7 kills with land vehicles...can that be any land vehicle? Say Tank, LAV and Jeep? Is a LAV-25 / BTR-90 counted as "Transport Vehicles" towards the "Transport Warfare Ribbon"...Just trying to make a clear distinction. Kill four with a jeep you'd get...and kill 7 with a tank / lav you'd get...

Tank and IFV are counted as armour, the others are transport vehicle

Did he say a year for the next DLC or BF4 in 2013?

Definatly no BF4 this year, he didn't give me a year for release of BF4, I will ask him on Saturday when i see him again. It's a years worth of DLC for BF3, 4 maps in the next lot.

EA released a statement like 12 months ago saying BF and MOH will be bi-annual releases, similar to what Acti do with COD, treyarch release 1 year, IW release the next, its the same for BF and MOH.

Hope it doesn't get rushed like COD. Would hate to see BF just repackaged and resold as the same game bi-annually. Hopefully they make different versions (like they did with 2142) and not just Modern Warfare, kind of style.

Wait.

You mean, you don't think BF3 was rushed?

There is no way that Origin or BF3 were ready for release when they did, EA pushed the release forward to beat COD8 and it resulted in a shitload of bugs.

with EA involved its just going to get more and more like COD, they like activision are purely concerned with their profits.

Edited by nesquick

Wait.

You mean, you don't think BF3 was rushed?

There is no way that Origin or BF3 were ready for release when they did, EA pushed the release forward to beat COD8 and it resulted in a shitload of bugs.

I have no idea how rushed the current game was, but yes, it was and still is affected by some rather annoying bugs at times. My game won't launch from Origin for example, or the launcher in the origin folder. For some reason the only way it will launch is to make a shortcut from the folder on the desktop, which makes no fucking sense at all, I have no idea how to fix that or why the shortcut even works.

I meant for future releases though, that they will just push the game on the intended 2 year cycle regardless of if the game is ready, it actually works as a game, or if their ideas are even good ones. Balance will change in patches, so not too concerned there, but the whole basis and idea for the game cannot be changed if the idea was poorly planned.