aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

http://www.vrcpro.com/

then there was a couple of flying ones too

I couldn't find any mav flying themed BF3 servers like the ones Virt was suggesting, so I took it as him joking.

Got a decent LOL out of it as well.

Hi, I made my first ever youtube vid of some C4 gameplay of mine, anyone care to look and tell me how it is quality/editing wise?

recording/encoder details in description

Edited by Morgoth

is it just me, or have the servers been really laggy today? I tried playing throughout the day and it's been the same. Usually notice heaps of lag when you're trying to respawn, or change stance.

I noticed a fair bit of lag tonight.

Good vid, Morgoth. Near the start, running up to the tank. Man that's always a heartpounder. If there's a semi-competent gunner on board, you're screwed sprinting up to it for that long.

I notice you select the ammo pack a lot, do you use scroll to select items? I have a G700 mouse and use the side buttons for all my selections, so I never choose the wrong thing.

Also, how awesome is the semi-glitch that you can detonate your previous-life C4? I get most of my kills that way. Yelling at the game to let me respawn faster so I can get a triple kill with that C4 I dropped as I was gunned down.

anyone care to look and tell me how it is quality/editing wise?

Not bad, could have used less death and spawn screens though.

Jihad jeeps are my fav thing from my time with BF2. They don't work quite as well in BF3, I think... but still good fun. :)

Thanks guys,

Yeah I always look to see if the gunner mount is moving or not, usually makes my approach more subtle :)

About the ammo pack, yeah half the time I hit 4 and the rest I'm just conditioned to scrolling, more often than not I scroll onto it first, but it occasionally gets me killed, bad habits ^^

Thanks bushi, I left the best for last!

Also I couldn't get over getting tked by a fucking jet before I could finish the Amtrak haha

Jihad jeeps are my fav thing from my time with BF2. They don't work quite as well in BF3, I think... but still good fun. :)

Cheers, I usually feel similarly, but I didn't want to edit them out, incase it confused the link between me dying and detonating said tank, but I guess most people would have figured that out

yea I think the jeeps need to be faster for it to be more effective, the best jihad vehicle was the UAV from BC2, have someone strap it with 6 c4's and fly it in over an mcom and get them to blow it up which for a time would blow up the mcom.

I agree, the jeeps feel so slow in BF3 and the physics make them feel like they have no suspension half the time.

Morgoth:

Cool vid. It's always fun to watch people fuck shit up with C4.

Gotta say I have the same thing with the mouse scroll. I seem to die allot, fiddling with it to bring up the pistol after running out of ammo.

I might just unbind it, forcing myself to learn.

Well i just changed my mouse scrolls. It's making things a lot easier.

I now use the numbers above wasd for map settings.

Scroll up = c4/res

Down = med/ammo kit

Left = primary

Right = secondary

makes much more sense now. Thanks for the idea.

Had a really quick skim of the announced fixes on the Battlelog Blog.

Me liked this.

HEAVY BARREL:

-The Vertical Recoil penalty of the Heavy Barrel has been reduced. The value has been changed from a global percent increase to a weapon specific value.

-A small Hip Accuracy penalty has been added to the Heavy Barrel to represent the added weight of the accessory, as well as focus the attachment on accurate mid and long range fire. The exact penalty amount is a weapon specific value.

-Several weapons with low default bullet speed now have their bullet speed increased when the Heavy Barrel is equipped. This is in effect for the A91, G3A3, AKS-74u, G36C, M4A1, SCAR-H, SG553, G53, and QBZ-95B.

-The Heavy Barrel is now also paired with Match Rounds which increase the maximum range of the weapon. The minimum and maximum damage are unchanged, weapons with the Heavy Barrel will be more effective in mid range.

-The Aimed Accuracy bonus provided by the Heavy Barrel has been increased. This will increase the effectiveness of the Heavy Barrel for small bursts, as originally intended.

Feels like quite a buff.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/...54779195992365/

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Hi, I made my first ever youtube vid of some C4 gameplay of mine, anyone care to look and tell me how it is quality/editing wise?

add some of these sound bites.

I love blowing aircraft out of the sky with rockets on my jet. Not that hard to get hits with them and gives you a good chuckle if you do.

Even if you don't destroy a aircraft with the rockets, just wipe things up with the cannon and you can get some pretty efficient killing.

add some of these sound bites.

Haha I forgot all about how awesome GLA voices are!

I wish I had footage of my Jihad Jeeping a full attack chopper as it was lifted off the ground

I love blowing aircraft out of the sky with rockets on my jet. Not that hard to get hits with them and gives you a good chuckle if you do.

Even if you don't destroy a aircraft with the rockets, just wipe things up with the cannon and you can get some pretty efficient killing.

mmm rocket pods

choppers suffer

dive bomb tanks

destroy AA (the BEST feeling :P)

I've just started using the Support Role again. Currently using the PDW's as primary, will use Shotgun / pistol instead to get those medals.

I'm really loving the C4 / Jeep combos. It's sooo much fun. On servers with fast spawn vehicles it's the quickest way to take out Tanks / IFVs. I don't really care about KDR, so I'm willing to go flying in to a pile of Tanks / IFVs for the points.

Yesterday on Kharg Island I got two tanks and a jeep all bunched up at the Gas Station. All capping the flag and not paying attention I came blasting down from Army Out post and flew straight into them. Five enemies, three vehicles, multi kill and anti vehicle ribbon in one go, I was very pleased.

I've just started using the Support Role again. Currently using the PDW's as primary, will use Shotgun / pistol instead to get those medals.

I'm really loving the C4 / Jeep combos. It's sooo much fun. On servers with fast spawn vehicles it's the quickest way to take out Tanks / IFVs. I don't really care about KDR, so I'm willing to go flying in to a pile of Tanks / IFVs for the points.

Yesterday on Kharg Island I got two tanks and a jeep all bunched up at the Gas Station. All capping the flag and not paying attention I came blasting down from Army Out post and flew straight into them. Five enemies, three vehicles, multi kill and anti vehicle ribbon in one go, I was very pleased.

Ahhhh, the joy. :)

All I play is support with ASVAL..

I always thought the M240B was the best gun for support, seemed to have an advantage over most other guns in stopping power and rate of fire and didn't have that much recoil if you put a grip on it.

i get a fuzzy feeling when i blow the fk out of one of those type of jeeps - get 3+ anti-explosive ribbons lol

edit: specially when you get a lock with jav as they burn past

Edited by corky

edit: specially when you get a lock with jav as they burn past

As far as RPG destruction goes

If you want to skip the yackitty yak go to about 1m 45s.