aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

anyone else getting constant "You have been disconnected from the server" ?

me and 3 friends have all been experiencing this.

Based on advice from others, I've disabled the UPnP Service, SSDP and Network discovery

I've also made sure Punkbuster is up to date

Join a karg game with some random dude. We road kill each other, and fuck around ramming with the choppers.

"You have been disconnected from EA"

Jump back in. Some more dude's are there so we play serious. Start getting some good TV missile kills.

Jump back in. Stuff around. Shoot down choppers with smaw etc. Lol's aplenty.

Game has ended while I've been kicked. Random dude sends a friend request. He's a another funny bugger, that plays well but doesn't take it too seriously. So I gleefully accept.

Jump back into game. Caspian this time. I'm in random dude's squad, WOOT lets jump in the chopper, and dominate.

Back in game he's in a jet, so I grab a jeep and head for the Forrest, which needs taking. Guy in a heli comes to shoot me, but clips a tree and lands to repair. I pinch his heli, shoot him dead, then kill his team mate, who's in a tank. Awesome! I'm doing well.

Jump back in game. Jump in jeep with "new found friend" and our other squaddie. We do laps of the map being wankers, with the horn going the whole time, killing everyone we come across.

This is getting farcical, as we should be dead, so the chat is full of hahahah, LOL, how the fuck are we not dead. Man I'm having heaps of fun with "new found friend" and random squaddie.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Now I'm mad. Ragequit time.

Not happy Jan.

Moral of the story: "You have been disconnected from EA" Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Ok - the amount of spread is absolutely killing me. Its out of control. Its even WORSE and MORE noticeable on a CQ map where you need to use auto and burst fire. I can be standing in front of someone and shooting them and NOTHING. The addition of extreme random spread makes things even worse - you cant compensate properly. I could 'handle' the tank and engy repair nerf - just. But make core gunplay so extremely 'off' is inexcusable. Hard Core mode has been essentiually ruined because of the combined spread and suppression mechanic. I can only imagine what its like on a normal server.

Not enjoying this at all im afraid.

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

I play normal mode and at first it was really frustrating me, but I'm beginning to get used to it/figuring it out

Still get a LOT of bullshit deaths though.

I don't really know allot about it, and could be completely wrong. But, it sounds more like an OS problem than EA/Origin. Did the error message indicate where it was generated from?

The error was in an origin popup window if that's what you mean? Sorry if I don't understand and that's a silly answer - it's getting late for me on a Sunday :)

I can't think of anything more helpful than "try reinstalling everything". Hopefully someone else here has better advice.

Turns out you were right and it wasn't an origin problem.

I found that iTunes wouldn't download my wife's OS5.1 update either so figured it had to be my connection. Believe it or not, I realised that I hadn't actually tried "turning it off and turning it on again", so I rebooted the router and all is now well.

Yes, I know how to update PunkBuster... I'm not a fucking retard. it isn't PB

yea sorry for helping... what a cunty thing of me to do.

HOW DARE YOU!

HOW DARE YOU!

I know right? was pretty out of character for me.

HOW DARE YOU!

I know right? was pretty out of character for me.

All you are allowed to do in the bf3 thread is troll, sif try to help people, what were you thinking?!

Can only think of the standard stuff like making sure Origin.exe is run as admin, bf3.exe is run as admin, repair reinstall and update punkbuster. But I'm sure these are all things you have tried.

I haven't tried reinstalling, since all 3 of us are having the same issue.

I might give that a go, but I don't have high hopes. I doubt running as admin will make shit's difference to me being disconnected from servers.

Definately run origin as admin, I was only running bf3 as admin and it worked then all of a sudden one day it refused to launch, tried everything then set origin to run as admin. now it works.

Might just be the servers being shitcunts, last night I managed to play for a bit, when I got disconnected 4 other mates did too. so it has to be a server issue

Nothing makes me rage like BF3 does. I managed to cut both hands raging at it last night.

The simple solution seems to be to stay away from 64 player maps, because they're always full of cod faggots and snipers.

I wish they hadn't messed around with the close support LMG's. My stance is the belt fed LMG's are you bipod / camp / suppression weapons and the magazine / drum fed are the close in assault style weapons.

The RPK74M now has a 200 round extend magazine now. This is stupid, in real life it's a 46 round magazine or a 76 round drum. Where the hell did this design decision come from?

The MG36 is now missing it's default assignment unlock of the extended magazine. I'm sure when I looked yesterday it has the Heavy barrell with a null/0 detail against it. Now the extended magazine is back at 300 kills as a unlock. what / why?

Both this two seem to spray all over the place now? I think DICE has cocked something up with the bullet spread. A bullet out of a straight barrel wouldn't go flying off at a 30 degrees angle up, down, left or right. Recoil yes, I think they should and a sway to the person firing the gun because of the recoil. Though the bullet trajectory should still be straight. Does that make sense what I just said?

The M27 IAR apparently has turned into a beast now, depending on how you handle it. I've not tried it since the patch. Just looking at what others are saying. I'll have a go and see if anything weird changes have been added.

QBB-95 I've not touched. I'm sure it will be similar to the three above.

Heavy Barrels have been added as a customisation to the LMGs mentioned above as well, what and why?

The belt fed LMG's, I've only started using these since suppression became an "issue". Using the M249 with bipod and first scope and extended magazines, I've got more Suppression Assists then I ever did before. With support I mainly stuck to the magazine / drum LMG's and close ammo resupply. The M249 first 50 rounds bounce it all over the place, then it calms down and the last 150 are a laser of death.

I agree that it was stupid seeing a lot of Support guns running around with a belt fed LMG + holo + foregrip + suppressor and using it like an Assault role.

C4 now only takes two packs to kill Tanks and APCs.

I now see Helicopters with Laser Painters and Guide Missiles taking Jets out now as AA missiles do shit. Still bugged. Got taken out a few times with it last night. Not sure if it's my nub flying or the bug which is where you don't know a Guided Missile / Javelin is locked on to you? It's like a big black dildo of death hitting you, well that's what I see when it comes in.

Tanks are disabled now by one Javelin hit, OK that's fine. Though an RPG / SMAW hit now disables as well...this is a bit shitty. I can understand a hit up the backside in the engine bay. Reactive armour is useless. I might now use Thermo Camouflage and Smoke now for Javelins and just accept the RPG / SMAW hits. They nerfed the Tanks and Repair tool too much. If they slowed down the repair tool speed I'd be OK with that.

Smoke trails for Missiles / Rockets now seem comical...visual glitch or a purposeful update...?

Sniper Rifle bullets are massive!

The F2000 + heavy Barrell + Foregrip seems to be more accurate to me now?

NOTE: I think I'm becoming like GhostFaceKilla / Neat_au LOL

Edited by Genders

Nah, it's pretty ridiculous how the game is going all because they're trying to pander to the kind of moron that jerks off over COD

Last night I was playing Wake, we were pinned down to the last point on the map with a chopper circling the point owning everything in sight. and since below radar now means you can't lock a fucking stinger on, there was nothing we could do.

Yep its why I stopped playing. Its just total derp they've patched this game for nubs who complain that they cant get a kill in a jet or fly a chopper and changed it into a get uber unlocks for cool kill streaks game.

I've just started trying to fly Jets. Though I feel it's cheap...they're totally screwed at the moment.

Moan, moan, moan...lol

I've just started trying to fly Jets. Though I feel it's cheap...they're totally screwed at the moment.

Moan, moan, moan...lol

Yep they are totally fucked. As I said ages ago the game has been patched against skilled players.

So because Dice pandered to the COD players, we now have something that feels as far from a battlefield title as it could. Awesome.

Moan, moan, moan...lol

I thought jets would be one of the things I would get into first in this game, being that I used to be an F/A18 nut. Going to Airforce Cadets and all.

But the need to constantly swap between first and third person, completely destroys any sense of immersion for me. I couldn't be bothered with it.

All my time in jets is spent trying to fly between poles, or under bridges.

So because Dice pandered to the COD players, we now have something that feels as far from a battlefield title as it could. Awesome.

Unfortunately yes. I dont know if you've played at all since the patch but its a very different game.

Moan, moan, moan...lol

I thought jets would be one of the things I would get into first in this game, being that I used to be an F/A18 nut. Going to Airforce Cadets and all.

But the need to constantly swap between first and third person, completely destroys any sense of immersion for me. I couldn't be bothered with it.

All my time in jets is spent trying to fly between poles, or under bridges.

I was sneakily rolling my Jet along the ground capturing my flags to get at least the missiles. Now that doesn't matter as they don't work. And now the Short Cut packs are out every nub / scrub can buy their "skill".

There's some really good pilots out there. I've been sniped by a Jet while hiding in a bush.

I found this friendly server:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/serve...-FLIGHT-SCHOOL/

Flying too low is my main killer at the moment. I've got better at sticking on someones tail. On the newbie server I've been and have take out team mates / enemy Jets by flying into each other because we got to close.

Unfortunately yes. I dont know if you've played at all since the patch but its a very different game.

I can't wait for call of battlefield 4 then

just as long as the maps are super small and theres a gazzilion pointless kill streaks im down for that.

Last night was the first time I'd played since the patch, didn't like it much.

Also, does anyone else think that some of the new sound effects absolutely detract from the game? For example, when crashing a jeep, it makes new crash noises, but these are so delayed that by the time I heard them, I was 30 metres from my jeep and it still sounded like I was in it when I heard the glass shattering and stuff.

C4 now only takes two packs to kill Tanks and APCs.

This would be awesome news for me if they hadn't removed the ability to detonate C4 after you respawn. No longer can I take out tanks with reckless disregard for my own life.

It was pretty annoying only getting 2 packs on a tank before having to run away/get killed and only getting a disable when I detonate them. Then the driver hops out, repairs, then continues on his merry way.

For anyone still with the disconnect issues. I was running origin way as admin, way back, but when I checked again, it wasn't.

Reverted back to admin, and haven't had a disconnect yet. Fingers crossed.