aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

My rounds have disappeared. Seems I'm playing the game and then not getting the records? Last night...Damavand Peak missing, Norshal Canals missing and Seine Crossing appears which was my last game.

I'm glad their fixing the AA bug.

haven't had much of a chance to play since patch with so much rl stuff happening lately (that and GoT :D). really need to hop in a f-35 tonight to see how they changed it, and like the vid on prev page - that's all i really did, but when i see a chopper id do the hover thing and have some fun

Edited by corky

Did they change something with the graphics? Started playing again over the weekend after not playing for a few months and had to dial the graphic settings back because was 'lagging'

haven't had much of a chance to play since patch with so much rl stuff happening lately (that and GoT :D). really need to hop in a f-35 tonight to see how they changed it, and like the vid on prev page - that's all i really did, but when i see a chopper id do the hover thing and have some fun

Dont know when I'll get a chance to play again - really busy for a few weeks. I did play a few rounds post patch and really didnt like it. The spread was atrocious.

I feel that they tried to change too many things all at once. For a person who had already spent over 300 hrs on the game it was a massive shock playing.

For example - nerfing tanks and nerfing the repair tool. Fucking ridiculous. Do one or the other. Not both. In this case if they were to nerfy anything it should have been the repair tool rate. This would have still forced tankers to pull back to a VERY safe spot when hit so as to repair in safety.

The whole suppression issue COMBINED with the ridiculous increase in spread of the weapons. I like suppression. Never had an issue with it before the patch and got my medal before the patch. But it was a challenge to get. You had to LEARN how to use your LMG to best effect. It was meant to be a LMG effect. Now every man and his dog can get it without any effort what so ever and on CQ maps you can go entire rounds with your screen in permanent suppress mode.

That not the WORST of it though - with suppression your AIM is now even FURTHER off - the increased in deviation when shooting while suppressed COMBINED with the already ludicrous spread is off the wall fucked. You can literally be standing 1 metre from someone and NOT hit them if they have fired first. I didnt believe this when I heard it. Then I played . . . FFS now with even more random deviation added to some weapons by default (without even being suppressed) you can be standing 1 metre from some one and NOT hit them at all. Not only that the persks you are supposed to have to offset the effect do bugger all.

And now because of the increase in spread and general decrease in accuracy of most wepaons - sniper rifles still remain the choice of many BECAUSE of there accuracy - even or especially so in CQ! Further more on larger maps most weapons can now not effectivley enage a sniper because of the fucking spread and then INCREASED spread if a sniper lands a shot near me. And I am forced to choose either a foregrip or a heavy barrel on an assault rifle. If I want to go Close to med range on a large map then I am actually PENALISED using my assault rifle at longer ranges with a fore grip. If I use a heavy barrel on the assault rifle then I am also penalised if I use anything else but single shots or at the most a 2 or 3 round burst. Would be ok if I could change attachments on the fly. But you cant. FORCING the player to play in a certain way is the complete opposite of having a game where a player can adapt to the battlefield.

So again - they have done too much and not thought about how things integrate. They should have JUST concentrated on the spread or JUST concentrated on the suppression. TBH I had NO problems with the suppression mechanic before. The whole patch is riddled with these kinds of issues. On top of that no one has factored in properly how all the new attachments are supposed to work in combination with all the other tweaks and so on. Doesnt matter really though coz once your suppressed your bullets are stuffed anyway. I have to say playing on the CQ DLC does not sound fun at all what with the current state of the wepaon spread and suppression. I guarrantee there will be a mass of LMG users.

Finally I cant help but think that they did not pay sufficient attention to how the various changes would impact on different game modes. For example I play on hardcore 98% of the time. The mode is fucked now as far as I can see. With all spread and general inaccuracy it feels just like playing on soft mode. Similarly the difference between playing on larger maps as infantry vs on smaller maps. I already noted the difficulty in engaging players effectively at range with anything less than a sniper rifle. Maybe it will sort itself out. Maybe some of the changes could encourage a more task orientated gameplay - you play to the specific strengths of the particular kit, weapon and attachments. I get that. Use the LMG's for base of fire. Allow assault to move to medium range and engage suppressed enemy. Use LMG to shift base of fire and allow assault to move in close for kill. I get that. But that requires ONE thing:

Teamwork. BF 2 had this. You had a 6 man sqaud that would pick different kits and work together and destroy the enemy. It had one crucial thing different than BF3. In built coms. (I could also add 'the commander' and '6 man sqauds' which allowed for greater tactical variety).

My point - I shouldnt have to learn how to replay the game after 300 hours.

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

Your opinion is irrelevant because you are not the majority. Welcome to the deafening silence caused by the "COD crowd" in regards to feedback and fixes from the game company.

After spending some time and adjusting to the changes, game is pretty good in standard mode for the most part.

I like suppression. Never had an issue with it before the patch and got my medal before the patch. But it was a challenge to get. You had to LEARN how to use your LMG to best effect. It was meant to be a LMG effect. Now every man and his dog can get it without any effort what so ever and on CQ maps you can go entire rounds with your screen in permanent suppress mode.

Yeah, last night I used the MP7 for the first time. I was getting constant supression assists with this little MP7 from halfway across the map. And it only has 20 bullets so it's not like you can really even suppress someone with it.

Some nice pre-patch F-35 flying.

Planes flying around attacking infantry is one of the things I fucking hate about this game. especially since the plane is fucking untouchable even if you're carrying stingers

i actually got kills with my stingers last night for the first time in agessss. took down a few planes (1 shot disable). and since the repair tool has been slowed you can now take down transport choppers with them haha.

also flying the f-35 for 1-2 rounds straight last night, 2 things - guided missiles are fun and are one shot disable if the tank doesn't have flares and i love now that you can slow and turn making dog fighting a shitload easier against flankers BUT you still can hover pretty easily (on a side note the main gun seems to be accurate then it used too be too, that may just be me tho :P)

Been good to see some of you online.

Saw i got you corky with a random grenade last night. Tried getting in your squad but it was full. Then i switched teams to grief a hacker but couldnt swap back once he left :( was fun chasing him round with a repair tool, then flashlight to his face

Saw i got you corky with a random grenade last night. Tried getting in your squad but it was full. Then i switched teams to grief a hacker but couldnt swap back once he left :( was fun chasing him round with a repair tool, then flashlight to his face

Saw you there on the other team. U need to get a mic. And get onto Corks Vent server. :)

Saw you there on the other team. U need to get a mic. And get onto Corks Vent server. :)

I know I know....I just play late usually when i cant make a lot of noise :P

but yeah, seen you on a couple times too :)

Are they gonna be implementing coms ingame at some point??

Are they gonna be implementing coms ingame at some point??

Doubt it, that's what battlelog if for.

Would be handy to have in games comms, but then you'd just be yelling at randoms in your squad to help you out.

I've got a teamspeak server that me and my mate use to talk when playing, and find that working as a two man team works really well. (but we've also played a lot of FPS games together over the past year and have gotten to understand how each other work/play)

Edited by PointZeroOne

Planes flying around attacking infantry is one of the things I fucking hate about this game. especially since the plane is fucking untouchable even if you're carrying stingers

They did it in BF2 too, though it was more carpet bombing than anything... I guess it's just easier now with the slow flying speeds of the BF3 jets.

I roll with rocket pods for ground vehicles + inf.

It's more fun than just dogfighting and attacking stray helicopters.

the channel is public so anyone can hop in - details are on the platoon website and one the OP

I here you there. I was in trouble from the boss when I finished last night. She does not like to be ignored and left out of something, which looks to be enjoyable. To be making noise at the same time, is frowned upon in a most severe manor.

I here you there. I was in trouble from the boss when I finished last night. She does not like to be ignored and left out of something, which looks to be enjoyable. To be making noise at the same time, is frowned upon in a most severe manor.

maybe you need another comp haha, maybe she will be better then you :P

maybe you need another comp haha, maybe she will be better then you :P

Now there's an idea worth exploring. But yea, she will no doubt be a far superior player. :)

i actually got kills with my stingers last night for the first time in agessss. took down a few planes (1 shot disable). and since the repair tool has been slowed you can now take down transport choppers with them haha.

also flying the f-35 for 1-2 rounds straight last night, 2 things - guided missiles are fun and are one shot disable if the tank doesn't have flares and i love now that you can slow and turn making dog fighting a shitload easier against flankers BUT you still can hover pretty easily (on a side note the main gun seems to be accurate then it used too be too, that may just be me tho :P)

They did it in BF2 too, though it was more carpet bombing than anything... I guess it's just easier now with the slow flying speeds of the BF3 jets.

I roll with rocket pods for ground vehicles + inf.

It's more fun than just dogfighting and attacking stray helicopters.

I'm gonna have to give this a proper go. Instead of sticking purely with the heli's.

should let her play as you for a littl while, see how she goes/thinks :P

oh btw didn't get any closer to 2.0 kdr after you left, still 1.984

lost about 90 skill points last night too :(

Edited by corky

should let her play as you for a littl while, see how she goes/thinks :P

oh btw didn't get any closer to 2.0 kdr after you left, still 1.984

lost about 90 skill points last night too :(

I'll give it a shot.

Maybe the problem with the k/d, was all the times I headshot you with the m98b ;P

WTF. There was some kind of update tonight, and now my m4a1 has gone batshit spastic. Seriously, the recoil now is completely over the top. Time to try something else I guess. But this seems extreme.

WTF. There was some kind of update tonight, and now my m4a1 has gone batshit spastic. Seriously, the recoil now is completely over the top. Time to try something else I guess. But this seems extreme.

Yea I was rolling it with H/B and cobra sights. I didn't notice the different though.

sigh Im really missing bf2 jets

sol1dsnak3 my home biooooooo

Edited by mudg3

Yea I was rolling it with H/B and cobra sights. I didn't notice the different though.

sigh Im really missing bf2 jets

sol1dsnak3 my home biooooooo

Hell yes how much better was the sense of speed done I alway feel like im crawling in bf3 so I usually give the jets a miss