aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

Just wait till counter strike GO comes out, will be much better than BF3 ever was.

People think BF3 is console trash, CS:GO is worse... the beta makes me want to headbutt my screen.

Horrible movement, muddy visuals, bland colour palette, broken weapons ballistics, no recoil, RBS is back, no ironsights, no prone, no lean...

And the radial buy menu, don't make me laugh!

The game has zero gameplay evolution.

People could argue BF3 hasn't either, but it still has more than CS will ever have.

Edited by Ezkaton

God, why does anyone even play this?

Shot a guy point blank in the chest with a smoke nade, easiest kill of my life. No hit register. Bullets, death. Putting an entire mag into people before they even realise they're being shot, turn around, I'm dead. Me and another guy putting both our mags into a guy before he even fired, killed us both.

PREMIUM USER next to people's names informing just how stupid they are to give EA even more money for a couple more guns and shit that should be free in updates. Along with actual game fixes. And the game won't even be supported for long, right? There's no LAN play so it'll be yet another whizbang FPS that dies in the ass, and CoD4 will still be played at LANs.

Map should have a middle mode. Normal mode is tiny, looks like you have half a dozen enemies right on you, switch to big mode, all you can see is like a 5m radius, and it takes up half the screen.

Haven't tried M26, but the fact that I was never killed with one means it's probably nerfed.

I may just sell my gaming PC considering this is the only game I play and I don't even like it.

Why do people play it because some of us like the game sure it has more then its share of bugs but what game dosent

Myself im happy to shell out only $50 for another 100hrs play and who the hell gives shit away for free and hopefully some of that cash is going to fund bug fixs and more maps.

"I usually just play whatever servers there are, which is not many. Rarely are there any hardcore servers."

You realy cant find any hardcore servers? I can jump on at any time and find one

I agree bastion... the developers spend hundreds and thousands of man-hours to complete all this extra work on the game.

These people need to be paid wages, it's simple really... yet all these 'gamers' have this mindset where they feel they're deserving of all this extra shit for free.

We paid for the core game, which had thousands and thousands of man-hours spent on it... if we want extra, we pay.

If companies don't charge, essentially they're giving away money for free.

That's not exactly smart from a business standpoint.

Sure we'd all love free shit, but that's not how the world works.

I know EA is a multi-billion dollar company and they can afford it... but CEOs and other business-minded people running the company don't see it that way.

$50 for 5 expansion packs and other exclusive content really isn't that much, taking into account there's 4 maps, 10 weapons and more per pack.

$10 per pack... (if you don't have B2K already, and $12.50 if you do since there's no B2K refund or whatever) really isn't that much.

Especially taking into consideration how many playing hours that will give most people.

Shit, I spend more money on lunch every day and that lasts me 10 minutes.

You realy cant find any hardcore servers? I can jump on at any time and find one

Once I engage the filters of australia/nz, 32-64 players, 1-10 free slots, there's only about 15 total, and most of them are bullshit like conquest Metro with nine million tickets of boredom.

Once I engage the filters of australia/nz, 32-64 players, 1-10 free slots, there's only about 15 total, and most of them are bullshit like conquest Metro with nine million tickets of boredom.

Theres often full servers with 30 second waits too.

Ive been playing on mixed map, mixed mode servers lately. Been real enjoyable.

Just wait till counter strike GO comes out, will be much better than BF3 ever was.

Lol wat

>> tf2 with CS skins amazing..

Good fun playing with you guys last night ven if I was having a fairly off night. That's the most acdc players I've seen on at once ha ha.

I really feel your pain.

BF3 is a game I love to hate. But I can't stop myself from playing. I hope that Farcry 3 (will get imported if needs be) will restore the faith in gaming after BF3 and CS:GO being shit.

WTF??? Was playing some Rush last night and got killed by this guy......What's up with his pink helmet?

Skip straight to the 13min mark in the vid below or just click on this link......

Essentially according to this you save money getting this instead of waiting and buying all the upcoming DLC and that's on top of the other stuff you get with premium. If that's true I might consider it.

Cause I for one still enjoy Battlefield 3 and despite it didn't fill up all the expectations you guys had, there's still fun gameplay to be had from my experiences.

It's pretty much what I expected really. I'm still playing and enjoying it.

So anyone got a clear time for when we can play close quarters? I've heard 6pm (not sure if east or west coast)or 3am(eastern) here in Australia....

i enjoy playing with my jihad jeeps with coldy, most fun i've had in bf3 in a while

but we do it a little differently, one of us places the c4 on the jeep, the other drives, and waits for the scream to 'blow it' over vent ^_^

then there's the added effect of the jeep doing some sort of barrel roll

So anyone got a clear time for when we can play close quarters? I've heard 6pm (not sure if east or west coast)or 3am(eastern) here in Australia....

Says 6pm on mine cant wait hope its good been c4 ing tanks all morning blew one poor guy up 6 times :D

Says 6pm on mine cant wait hope its good been c4 ing tanks all morning blew one poor guy up 6 times :D

Sweet, juct checked my origin and it originally said 1am tomorrow. Logged out then back in and it now says 4pm today (WST)

What a nice guy.

Can you report him via the forums? I'm not sure... though I do see a lot of people naming and shaming hackers there, iirc.

Also, CQ is kinda fun... it's different. Frantic, fast paced, all the maps are very open... there's heaps of ways around so it doesn't feel like a clusterfuck chokepoint like Metro conquest.

It's a nice change, and gunmaster is pretty cool -- even though I disagree with the weapon order.

Holy fucking shitballs CQ is intense. No room to breathe. Just fucking get out there, run and shoot anything that moves.....

I hate gun master mode. After watching some counter strike preview thingy that had it, I thought it looked lame back then, and after trying it out I really don't like it. It's pointless. Hopefully, this is as far removed from *Battlefield* that they go. Conquest Domination is passable....I wish there weren't random spawns though. It doesn't give any purpose to capturing flags (apart from from the ticket bleed).

Really wish they could have implemented regular conquest and rush modes somehow.

Love the maps though! So strange how having to look up and down more makes you feel very vulnerable. Very much appreciated change of scenery, especially in recent times where I always seem to end up on Metro, Caspian or Kharg :P

Had a bit of a play around on a few of the maps just now. Lots and lots of fun.

Cant wait to try some of the other modes.

Add me to your friends list if you havent already!