aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

Yeah I agree with you justo on not really having any point to capping flags on CQ Dom... it just feels like TDM, basically.

Though with the speed the flags are capped, without random spawn one team would get capped out extremely quickly.

I just fucking hate that spawn protection seems to work for everybody but me.

6/10 times I'll spawn into death.

I can imagine getting tired of it kinda quickly 'cause of the lack of variety in gameplay and the chaotic nature is tiring... but for now it's a refreshing change.

Edited by Ezkaton

Recorded everything from tonight's CQ session.

Anyone have any idea why Fraps sometimes locks your framerate to 30fps when I have the framerate lock option UNCHECKED? Didn't bother me too much tonight since we were just trying to figure out where everything was on the new maps, but when you're used to 60fps..... :P

Managed to get a few hours in. I'll reiterate and confirm that I really do like the new maps. I love their design and styling. I especially like that it just feels like a breath of fresh air compared to the original maps we've been playing since launch. I'm pretty sure we were playing on a 64p server (thank fuck it's not limited to 24p like consoles), and not once did it feel like Metro. There's always a way to flank the enemy in a way that doesn't end up in a stalemate it seems, and it feels like there's always a way to get from one end to another without going through the middle (like Metro). It's only early days, and who knows, maybe that will happen somehow, but for now, it feels good.

Still not a fan of Conquest Domination. But, while it feels like Team Deathmatch (and I HATE deathmatch in any shape or form), at least the flags force you and your team to move around in some sort of order.....

I was a bit disappointed with the level of destruction. I expected more (going by what the trailers suggested). Yeah there's some walls you can shoot through, but for the most part, it doesn't feel like you can destroy anything significant.

More full game vids of all the maps uploading overnight

i ended up ditched my med packs and having fun with m320, got love the noobs who thought it was a 'good' idea to booby trap a flags with c4 - kaboom :D.

played a few of rounds of gun game, didn't enjoy it all that much, mainly got sick of moppers (ie: 75+ kill assists... - but its always been that way with gun game even in CS)

edit: lol great way to start around, getting knifed haha

Edited by corky

I tried using the M320 but it's almost worthless after all the nerfing.

Horrible.

I like the new m320 ad on its like a delayed charge. I had a little fun with that.

Horrible.

Not the M320 smoke ;)

Actually, even in non-glitched mode, I love smoke even more now.

Horrible.

in the CQ maps it seemed to work well, i don't know why, i hardly ever use it anyway. maybe my aim was just going well last night lol.

my aim tonight it to get 2 more wins on conquest domination and get the new bolt action rifle and HOPEFULLY have some funsies with it. i've been using L96 with acog on metro lately and it's been a boss headshot machine :D

see how this jng-90 stacks up against the others

edit: double xp this weekend :D

Edited by corky

i've just started sniping the last 2 nights (hadn't bothered levelling recon before now) and am pretty rough on the aiming. The distance to target and bullet drop can be hard to judge.

I like the SKS but mostly play on normal maps and found it takes 2 head shots to kill someone :( so moved to sv98. i've always loved bold action rifles and am much happier now that when i actually do crack someone in the skull they drop - but yeah its gonna take some time to get used to.

Also had a moment where i was trying to snipe a support bloke who had a LMG equipped - he one shot killed me after i took a couple of shots at him :( not sure how that worked over such a distance seeing as whenever i use LMG they spray all over the place ha ha. Nevermind. I'm enjoying the challenge anyway.

out of all the semi-auto snipers i found i liked the m39 emr the best, feels like it packs a bigger punch then the others :)

Edited by corky

might have to do some testing on that, whether or not it still explodes after hitting a target will be the big thing. but theoretically it'd be like a 50mm slug round, which i'd imagine - wouldn't tickle lol. smoke grenade - without the smoke ;)

Horrible.

Not the M320 smoke ;)

Wut?

I didn't mention smoke... I'm talking standard M320 being a piece of shit after all the nerfing.

Now it does fuck all unless you pretty much get a direct hit on someone because every cunt had a whinge about the blast radius.

Without taking into account it's an EXPLOSIVE.

Ruined it... used to be awesome.

Bet it was all the Metro fags that cried nerf, too.

As for smoke, it's my assault attachment of choice.

Loved smoke since CoD4... so handy.

Horrible.

Not the M320 smoke ;)

Wut?

I didn't mention smoke... I'm talking standard M320 being a piece of shit after all the nerfing.

Now it does fuck all unless you pretty much get a direct hit on someone because every cunt had a whinge about the blast radius.

Yeah yeah knew you were talking explosives....I was just saying instead, use M320 smoke ;) But yes, the M320 is rubbish now. Can't seem to do anything worthwhile with it. At least if you get a direct hit with smoke, it's hilarious

Horrible.

Not the M320 smoke ;)

Wut?

Yeah yeah knew you were talking explosives....I was just saying instead, use M320 smoke ;) But yes, the M320 is rubbish now. Can't seem to do anything worthwhile with it. At least if you get a direct hit with smoke, it's hilarious

Ah, re-reading I understand the tone of your text.

Apologies. ;)

Direct hit with smoke is indeed amusing.

Can't seem to hit shit with it using the AUG though... I dunno how that dude aims it so well.

Yeah, that aim is insane. I'm limited to about 100m, pretty much the limit of what I can see :P

Always fun on Metro when you're having sniper wars from the Ticket Booth to the RU spawn ;)

Unlocked the jung today its my new fav dosent seem to have a lot of bullet drop but havent tried it on the bigger maps yet also ground out the gunmaster win for mk5 im never playing another round of that crap if I dont have to.

over all im likeing the new maps much more fun with less players but I would to see rush on these maps would make defending very hard

Im a bit dissapointed in the destruction thought you would be able to destroy all the inside walls and cubicles had to use c4 to wreck em all

I noticed most snipers seem to be rocking the m98b, does that have less bullet drop or something too?

Edit: oh, almost forgot! I had an awesome moment last night where I was playing Kharg and took a couple of pot shots at a scout chopper as it came in low past me, third shot I got the pilot square in the head and my team mates commandeered the chopper as it crashed to earth :) awesome moment!

Edited by martyr

Edit: oh, almost forgot! I had an awesome moment last night where I was playing Kharg and took a couple of pot shots at a scout chopper as it came in low past me, third shot I got the pilot square in the head and my team mates commandeered the chopper as it crashed to earth :) awesome moment!

was that playing when it happened?

was that playing when it happened?

ha ha ha would have been the prefect soundtrack to it. Especially if it was like the old vietnam and the music was coming from the chopper, then the music stops right when I capped him, lol.

Horrible.

Not the M320 smoke ;)

Wut?

From my experience, direct hits from the M320 never kill, it's always when you get the dude in the midst of the blast that kills.

It happened alot but perhaps that's just me.

Not happy about the M320 nerf either. It's a powerful weapon but so what? Doesn't mean it needs a nerf like a black sheep out of the flock.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

errrr are the new DLCs out already? How come I can't find them in Origin?

I see the Premium thing but doesnt that also include BF3? Can't I just get the DLCs?

Edited by Oracle X

The Close Quarters (and all future, as far as I know) DLC is available two weeks early for premium accounts.

I imagine if you want it now you have to buy premium... which includes all currently available DLC, and all future DLC, among a few exclusive dogtags, etc.

Otherwise it should be available in two weeks from now for non-premiums.

At least that's my understanding.

Edited by Ezkaton