aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

speaking of choppers, anyone else miss being able to blast music on the radio in game for everyone to hear?

You could do that before?

That sounds awesome. I've been wanting to have music cranking in the background, but cant if Im on comms.

It was available in BF:Vietnam, I can't remember any of the other games in the series having it.

Loving 64p rush at the moment. I figured the rush servers will dry up first so I'll try get as many games as possible in to get it out of my system.

Gunship really isn't that OP. I can understand on small servers (and consoles) it would suck cos you need a dedicated squad's worth of guys armed with stingers. But in the 48 and 64 man games I played today, it wasn't an issue.

Some of the rush bases are questionably positioned (in relation to the landscape and attacker base) but overall, I'm enjoying them all.

64 player rush makes defending a bit more viable but it's still heavily in favour of the attacking team. With 64 players the defenders managed a few good last mcom stands on Bandar Desert (the buildings made the armour and air superiority of the attackers slightly less effective) and on Alboraz once you got into the mountains the steep, windy paths and cliffs around the mcoms made defending fun.

Do any of you guys use a joystick?

Are they helpful for flying I'm pretty good with a jet using keyboard and mouse but a joystick looks like a lot of fun.

I'm sick to death of fucken shit teammates.

SO incredibly sick of them.

Every team I've been on today has been absolutely horrible.

I'm sick to death of fucken shit teammates.

SO incredibly sick of them.

Every team I've been on today has been absolutely horrible.

You clearly need a dose of Mr.Twinkie on the battlefield. ^_^

Are they helpful for flying I'm pretty good with a jet using keyboard and mouse but a joystick looks like a lot of fun.

I've used http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=6607

right away I could fly without flying into stuff or going crazy with the mouse.

even the helicopter is much easier.

I was flying the jet with a joystick the other night, it really does make flying a whole lot easier. I'm using a saitek x52.

I've used http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=6607

right away I could fly without flying into stuff or going crazy with the mouse.

even the helicopter is much easier.

I was flying the jet with a joystick the other night, it really does make flying a whole lot easier. I'm using a saitek x52.

I was looking at the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick is looks pretty decent for its price. It's $50 NZD which is nice.

I can fly pretty well with a mouse and keyboard just aiming with jets is what I suck at..

Edited by insertfunnyname

I tried a joystick and it was better for jets (I'm a shit pilot). But then it would mess with my game pad which I prefer for choppers. In the end I've just avoided jets together :(

used joystick once... i don't know why, but didnt like it, probably since i have been using kb+m since 1942 days...

spawned into a heli last night, just as the pilot had jumped out. Was fun times trying to get it back under control!

fun thing to do is to go lone wolf (ie: no squad mates) hope in viper/havok with tv missles as gunner, and switch between pilot and gunner. make sure you have some height tho ;), otherwise it could end badly :P

spawned into a heli last night, just as the pilot had jumped out. Was fun times trying to get it back under control!

fun thing to do is to go lone wolf (ie: no squad mates) hope in viper/havok with tv missles as gunner, and switch between pilot and gunner. make sure you have some height tho ;), otherwise it could end badly :P

ha ha ha, i've done that on a low populated server before. Flew up as high as i could then jumped in gunner seat and picked off people as it hovered down :)

yeah used to do that in BC2

So I could only find 1 decent 64 player server to play on, is that normal? It was 24/7 metro rush too.

I only have back to karkand, not close quarters or armoured kill. Are there no servers that just rotate maps anymore? They all seem to pick one game mode and enforce it.

I was looking at getting Premium for the 2 new expansions I don't have, as it works out to $12.50/expansion but is there a cheaper source than that?

So I could only find 1 decent 64 player server to play on, is that normal? It was 24/7 metro rush too.

I only have back to karkand, not close quarters or armoured kill. Are there no servers that just rotate maps anymore? They all seem to pick one game mode and enforce it.

I was looking at getting Premium for the 2 new expansions I don't have, as it works out to $12.50/expansion but is there a cheaper source than that?

There's talk of ddos attacks which has fucked up stability. My guess is they're only running 48p servers to ease the load for the time being. Been a pain to play all weekend

There's talk of ddos attacks which has fucked up stability. My guess is they're only running 48p servers to ease the load for the time being. Been a pain to play all weekend

You might be right, I eventually joined a server and I was stuck at level 1 along with everyone else in the game. I haven't played for about 2 months and was looking forward to a good shoot out but in the end just quit and did something else.

Might try again tonight.

Boy I sure do love getting the drop on a guy, putting an entire magazine into his chest, him missing with his sniper rifle, having the time to put down his sniper rifle and change to pistol (all the while being turned into swiss cheese), kill me, then be on 100% health.

More R31 update details...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum...54348234531856/

Changelist

• Fixed a bug where a new squad leader wasn’t chosen when the current squad leader left.

• MK1A3 fix to add flechette rounds instead of frag rounds in gun master mode for premium players(Non-premium already have flechette rounds).

• Fixed a bug with Squad Rush on Sharqi Peninsula where the user was spawned out of combat if they spawned in shortly after the first MCOM exploded.

• Stationary and mobile AA cannon damage has been reduced by 30% versus the Gunship.

• Jet cannon damage has been reduced by 50% versus the Gunship.

• The delay before moving the Gunship forward to a new base in rush has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds.

• The Delay between Gunship spawns has been increased from 90 to 120 seconds in rush.

• Initial delay before the Gunship spawns in rush has been increased from 15 to 60 seconds.

Edited by discoInferno