aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

Wanna know what the most annoying thing in the world is? Only receiving a key when you get IN to work...

I got mine at 8pm on the dot last night. We would have thought they would have hooked you boys up with some keys.

We need to get a origin friends list going similar to steam as you need to import your friends form the origin client into bf3 the web based client is interesting and will take some getting used too but at least its faster then Bc2's shitty browser and bf2's SLOOOOOOW browser. Im leaving work in about 15 mins so will be home in 1 hour playing.

Whos up for teaming up tonight? I hear on the grape vine that new maps will also be unlocked tonight too.

Me! Origin name is Acintai, everyone should start joining the Atomic platoon aswell, its called Atomic Defence Corps.

How does one do that...exactly?

(btw my player name is sgtscratchy )

anyone lost points?

I had gained a level and unlocked the tactical flashlight, when I respawned after a death I had lost the level and the item.

Are you guys playing with early access keys from a pre-order or something? I've been to the website but can't sign up or download until tomorrow?

I have played a few times for several hours but my last 4 games have all crashed in the first 30 seconds, screen locks up with sound loop stuck and forced to restart comp to get rid of sound loop. Tried some other games but they run fine so not sure how frequent the crashing is or whether I just got a bad run of it.

In game it is very much a beta, clipping, seeing through walls, people disappearing and reappearing in front of me, getting stuck on things. I feel like BC2 beta had less issues than this.

The map and mode do feel faster paced than bf but similar to BC2. You can crawl around hidden in the bushes and whack a few people before crawling off, but also end up killed several times spawning in by some quick "run and gunners".

Gonna take a bit of getting used to the map, and the different paths and choke points before I can really judge the true ebb and flow of the game play fopr me.

Tye

Edited by bigtye

Yeah prepurchased a while back and got a beta key last night.

Thanks for the quick reply.. according to the website it is available to "everyone" on "all systems" as of tomorrow.. so I will give it a shot assuming it lets me. I'd like to know how my ancient machine holds up.

EDIT: Also looks to be available for consoles, so will probably try it on my xbox and ps3 too, see which I prefer.

Edited by p0is(+)n

10 pm tomorrow night I htink.

How 'ancient' is your machine?

I'm running a q660@3gz with a GTS 570 motherboard only has the 1.1 graphics port and the game seems to run OK (apart from the expected beta-bugs).

You get an early access beta key if you preordered on origin before the 26th. If you preordered after you still get beta access, but on the 29th instead of the 27th.

10 pm tomorrow night I htink.

How 'ancient' is your machine?

I'm running a q660@3gz with a GTS 570 motherboard only has the 1.1 graphics port and the game seems to run OK (apart from the expected beta-bugs).

Just over 4 years, specs in my sig. So simillar to yours.

I am hoping for decent results with medium-ish settings and maybe creeping up to high in some areas (@1920x1080), may mean that I can postphone an upgrade until Ivy/Bulldozer instead of getting something this year.

Edited by p0is(+)n

Isn't playing...I mean reviewing games part of the job?

Not when tomorrow is send day for the issue 130! Normally I'd be all like "I am OUTTA HERE!"... but not today :) Which means I'll likely not be playing before tomorrow, so it's just really dumb timing.

You're bi right?...

How much would I have to put out for the key? :D

i would be playing - except that there are no servers. Sigh.

edit - just after I posted this I got on to one of the AU servers. Yay. And then the 500+ms lag hit. Oh noes :( i checked cod 4 and it's only getting 95's anybody know what is going on?

Edited by juggtron

Just to let everyone know pointZeroOne and i figured this out. If you got medal of honor on steam, and activated your key via email, you can collect a second key directly from steam :) hope this helps you guys out.

but my last 4 games have all crashed in the first 30 seconds, screen locks up with sound loop stuck and forced to restart comp to get rid of sound loop.

Tye

First thoughts would be to update your audio and video drivers, especially if using onboard Realtek audio. May also be worth playing around with the audio options in game.

Oh and what the fuck is with having to join a server before you can damn well access the game control options? That sucks big fucking time.

Played some Caspian boarder tonight. Very good. Though tonight the ground turned to jelly everywhere i went. : /

Played some Caspian boarder tonight. Very good. Though tonight the ground turned to jelly everywhere i went. : /

god I hate rubber banding....

hows the 64players? is it complete fucking madness everywhere you go?

god I hate rubber banding....

hows the 64players? is it complete fucking madness everywhere you go?

Nope like the old game most of the time its like pockets of resistance in certain area's until both teams are making a big push on the same area and then things get really fun.

cant wait to play this...

comes out tommrow...and i still havent downloaded it (started it but got to slow..)

Caspian Border here i come!

:P

32 players charging a single point... that would be madness! (or Sparta)

32 recons camping spawn with 12x scope would be funny to Edited by nesquick

rush is for console players? lol I only played rush on BC2, conquest is so god dam boring its like domination on COD the tards that play conquest never realise you don't have to control every point to win just 2/3 or 3/4 and as such make the mode equivelant to a dog chasing its tail....

Well, the first implementation of rush mode was in a console only battlefield title, so you tell me...