aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

It's too hard to decide to do SP or MP first!

MP, nothing worse than being left behind in the leveling up side of things.

I'm the opposite. I'd prefer to enjoy the campaign first. There's always going to be people better than me with more time to sink into levelling, so I'm not even going to worry.

I can't wait for this game to come out.

I'll be playing MP whn my friends are able to squad up and finishing the SP when noone else is on or I need a break.

Seriously, I am so pumped for this.

Goddamn you EA for making want this game so bad I'll put up with your fucked up idea of DRM and game launching. Fuck.

Hopefully I can learn how to fly in SP. I flew one jet in beta and had no idea, I just flew straight out of bounds and died.

Yeah, I'm one of those.

I can't wait to hone my skills in flying. It was pretty fun and easy comparing to flying in ARMA.

I'm the opposite. I'd prefer to enjoy the campaign first. There's always going to be people better than me with more time to sink into levelling, so I'm not even going to worry.

Yeah +1. You can still pwn in low levels anyway.

Hearing that old theme gave me goosebumps

Lets see how long this campaign could be....

What size was the final dl?

11.4gb

Blaurgh!

I have 2 keys, is there a way that I can download it only once then copy it over to the other PC?

What size was the final dl?

11.4gb

Blaurgh!

I have 2 keys, is there a way that I can download it only once then copy it over to the other PC?

Seems to be working for me D. I started the download on the desktop PC but due to a slow connection and going to a place with a faster connection this arvo I stopped the download in origin then copied the Battlefield 3 folder from the the desktop PC to the Laptop.

Launched Origin, logged in and Origin said 1.7Gb already downloaded. So will be taking the laptop with me this arvo to the faster connection to get the rest of the download.

Should be able to confirm this worked fully this evening.

Had to log in and out twice after changing my origin ID for the games to show up. Also got an invalid cache warning till I told origin where the cache should be.

This may be just me as I have the download location set to D:\games\Origin and the Origin install folder set to e:\games\Origin

They really love to use the terminator beat in every trailer. DUN DUN DUN-DA DUN!!

Edit: By the way, Origin Pre-loading is now avaliable.

lol are you serious?

It's a remake of the original battlefield song.

dammit.

Anyone else having DL problems? Mine keeps dropping out and not remembering where it was up to. :(

Nope mine is still trickling along at the pathetic max speed of my connection.

Playing the campaign first has a benefit if MP maps are based on the SP maps which I am sure many will be. Thus playing the SP can teach you about the maps for MP - so IMHO it may be an advantage to play the SP first. This is important as there is no BOT mode as in previous BF games where you could learn the maps a bit before going online. Plus the SP is looking absolutely fucking awesome. I mean really awesome. But yes still what do you do when you have two offers of awesomeness.

Posted Image

Well derrrrrrrrrrr fail big time. The game has not been released yet.

You will have to wait just like everyone else.

Ghosty, ye looking forward to trying the SP but even more co-op mode. Pity it is only 2 player co-op, 4 player would have been better (like L4D).

i wonder with the pre-load if i can download of game-arena? im buying a disc copy so im guessing that i have to wait to pick it up before i pre-load it as i didnt buy a digital version?

:(

Well derrrrrrrrrrr fail big time. The game has not been released yet.

You will have to wait just like everyone else.

Stop twisting your panties there Ali....just showing the release time! Is this how you carry on in-game as well?

i wonder with the pre-load if i can download of game-arena? im buying a disc copy so im guessing that i have to wait to pick it up before i pre-load it as i didnt buy a digital version?

:(

I had a quick look this morning but nada. Let me know if it pops up as I'm still having issues dling through Origin.

Blaurgh!

Further to the download once install on 2 PCs go to the gear thing > settings in Origin select settings and check the "Keep game installers after games have been installed" check box.

Then you should be able to copy the actually installer to the second PC ready for install.

Stop twisting your panties there Ali....just showing the release time! Is this how you carry on in-game as well?

Yep I rant and rage and scream, yell, abuse the fuck out of everyone and generally be a complete and utter areshole.

I am joking BTW