aliali

Battlefield3 first thoughts.

No chance of me leveling up as recon. I get sniped by people with better scopes, or machine gunned by my intended victims, long before I manage to kill anyone with my starter rifle :-(

That seems to be a problem with BF3. If you start it later than 'the pack' you find yourself up against people with much superior weaponry...?

As someone who completely loved DC and BF1, and was successful in both, I am having a love-hate relationship with BF3.

Use a UMP or shotgun if you really need a shake up for recon progression.

I can't say that the weapons you start up with aren't good. Many of them are effing great.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

On Operation Metro people use the MAV excessively especially on the Metro 24/7 servers. People sit at spawn using the MAV the whole game and rack up and above 30 kills with 0 deaths. Peoples stats will be reset like the engineer stat boosting.

They are going to nerf it aswell. Easiest way for them to do it is the MAV is damaged when it hits a person or if it hits anything making it very delicate. Or they could make it so it does very little damage when it hits a player.

Anyway unlocked everything so far for Assault, Engineer, and Support just working on Recon Service star for all weapons except the rocket launchers and shotguns. =D can't wait till Back to Karkand for or the new weapons and the F35B plane on one of the maps and the amped up destruction.

No chance of me leveling up as recon. I get sniped by people with better scopes, or machine gunned by my intended victims, long before I manage to kill anyone with my starter rifle :-(

That seems to be a problem with BF3. If you start it later than 'the pack' you find yourself up against people with much superior weaponry...?

As someone who completely loved DC and BF1, and was successful in both, I am having a love-hate relationship with BF3.

I had that problem with BFBC:2.

SO I went with the shotgun automatic weapon option and got my score up that way.

I find the sniper rifles are better without their scopes, keep up with your squad and you'll make for a great close/midrange aggressive sniper.

SO I went with the shotgun automatic weapon option and got my score up that way.

lol what? the rifle you start with in BC2 was the best sniper rifle in the game, I got platinum in no time at all using it as it had the best scope and most predictable bullet path.

sigh* the fucking guns you get at the fucking start are good. Your going it wrong man.

The only shitty thing about starter guns is the iron sights. They obscure your target somewhat. Getting a scope is much better but it can be rough when you first start out.

The only shitty thing about starter guns is the iron sights. They obscure your target somewhat. Getting a scope is much better but it can be rough when you first start out.

not on any of the AK's though, the open top sights are the best.

As a recon your main role is flag capping and defence (with the mobile spawn)

if you play that way,lingering at cap points you'll find your pointscore goes through the roof.

If you camp and keep viewing through your scope your glint will give you away and you'll get counter sniped or flanked and knifed (my fav)

also

I find firing from the hip with a sniper rifle isn't as inaccurate as I expected, anyone else find this?

Due to telstra finiding a huge fault in my line (300 pairs corroded beyond repair) trying to patch it and cocking up my internet I can no longer play BF3 :(

I will miss this game until they decide to fix my 400ms pings and 50kb/s download speed.

Due to telstra finiding a huge fault in my line (300 pairs corroded beyond repair) trying to patch it and cocking up my internet I can no longer play BF3 :(

I will miss this game until they decide to fix my 400ms pings and 50kb/s download speed.

I got one word for you to pass onto them.

Ombudsman!

lol what? the rifle you start with in BC2 was the best sniper rifle in the game, I got platinum in no time at all using it as it had the best scope and most predictable bullet path.

So? I like to help my team. Grabbing the Thompson and assaulting objectives was far more productive.

Yep, most of my time on BC2 was Recon and SAIGA.

Best for racking the kills up and getting the objectives done.

So? I like to help my team. Grabbing the Thompson and assaulting objectives was far more productive.

lol you think im some fag that just sits on a hill? I helped my team from in and around mcoms with sniper rifle/pistol and laying down booby traps with c4 which was far far more effective then just using the thompson ever was even though I used it lots G3 was where it was at for assaulting as recon.

zzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Aren't you sick of hearing yourself talk about your pub heroing in bc2?

You hate bf3, why are you even participating in this?

FYI

BF3 is a game and the objective of a game is to have fun, if you derive fun from camping on a hill with a sniper rifle well then the objective of the game has been met.

the end.

zzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Aren't you sick of hearing yourself talk about your pub heroing in bc2?

+1

If you don't like it you could just use that feature to block out my posts.

usually though I have nothing better to do than come here and annoy people.

If you don't like it you could just use that feature to block out my posts.

usually though I have nothing better to do than come here and annoy people.

I don't want to block you.

I'm just wondering why you're trying to troll the BF3 thread when you hate the game so much.

Speaking of which, I'm slowly becoming disenchanted with the game, the rubber banding is gone, but the rego seems rubbish on most servers. Its just making me rage so hard that I think I'll wait til the pach and Back to Karkand.

Rego was pretty good for me on that server last night.

A couple of bad/average games... but mostly decent.

I've been getting killed after letting of 5 or so rounds into someone. I thought I just sucked.

Rego was pretty good for me on that server last night.

A couple of bad/average games... but mostly decent.

It could be my connection, but its getting very frustrating.

I think someone mentioned that the game uses client side rego or something? Which is why you can get tagged after you have run behind cover?