gun_sl1nger

The Witcher Save games

Does anyone have any Witcher Save Games that I can download?

I had to reformat and forgot to back them up. I was only up to Vizima ( I think) the bit where you go to the swamps to find your fallen comrade. I had met Siegfried etc etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

_sl1nger

yes i do its 15m

it would probably be best if i sent you a save from the start of the temple district otherwise i may have one a few things you havent but i can send you one from the swamp

the other option is to start again one you have been threw it the second time goes much quicker

some gameplay choices i made in these save games could well affect things a bit differently to your choices

Certainly do.

What choices have you made thus far, gunsl1nger? Eg, give Haren Broggs goods to the Scoia-tael vs kill them, side with Abigail vs side with the villagers, work with Siegfried vs work alone, etc etc.

What version of the game do you have? I'm on v1.4, aka the Enhanced Edition, although from memory the saves should still work if you're on v1.3.

Alternatively you can register your game on the official site, then use the Savegame Market to get a savegame that more specifically matches the choices you've made. As Dasa indicated, the choices you make will have an impact later in the game.

I do have a savegame that might help you out, if you still need it. The major choices I made up until that point were:

- fought with Triss in the lab (Prologue)

- kill Scoia-tael wanting to take Brogg's goods

- sided with Abigail

- worked with Siegfried

Certainly do.

What choices have you made thus far, gunsl1nger? Eg, give Haren Broggs goods to the Scoia-tael vs kill them, side with Abigail vs side with the villagers, work with Siegfried vs work alone, etc etc.

What version of the game do you have? I'm on v1.4, aka the Enhanced Edition, although from memory the saves should still work if you're on v1.3.

Alternatively you can register your game on the official site, then use the Savegame Market to get a savegame that more specifically matches the choices you've made. As Dasa indicated, the choices you make will have an impact later in the game.

I do have a savegame that might help you out, if you still need it. The major choices I made up until that point were:

- fought with Triss in the lab (Prologue)

- kill Scoia-tael wanting to take Brogg's goods

- sided with Abigail

- worked with Siegfried

Hello. I find myself having the same problem as the creator of this post. I too have lost my saved games, and i can't even find them in \Documents and Settings\"Username"\My Documents\witcher\saved games.... To be precise, i don't even have a folder in the "witcher" section... However, your choices are the same as mine were and I got stuck after helping Siegfried kill the Cockatrice. Is there any way you can send me the file to my email? If you can please, it's sajdasjfdasdf@hotmail.com (only made this email just for this ^^)

You guys aren't that far into the game... it's probably easier to just start from the beginning again. :P

You guys aren't that far into the game... it's probably easier to just start from the beginning again. :P

Man that is an old thread you have resurrected. I have finished the game and still have some saves lying around if someone wants them.

Hello. I find myself having the same problem as the creator of this post. I too have lost my saved games, and i can't even find them in \Documents and Settings\"Username"\My Documents\witcher\saved games.... To be precise, i don't even have a folder in the "witcher" section... However, your choices are the same as mine were and I got stuck after helping Siegfried kill the Cockatrice. Is there any way you can send me the file to my email? If you can please, it's sajdasjfdasdf@hotmail.com (only made this email just for this ^^)

Hello disoraptor, welcome to the Atomic forums :-) I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with TW. I do indeed have a savegame file that should fit the bill and I should be able to help you out in the next 24 hours :-)

Aaaaand I just realised that in the time between I last posted in this thread and now, the CDPR Savegame Market url has changed. For the record, the new one is here :-)

edit:

Fairly certain the save games are stored in "...My Documents/The Witcher", disoraptor.

Yep, you guys are right; C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\The Witcher\saves Edited by elvenwhore

Hello disoraptor, welcome to the Atomic forums :-) I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with TW. I do indeed have a savegame file that should fit the bill and I should be able to help you out in the next 24 hours :-)

Aaaaand I just realised that in the time between I last posted in this thread and now, the CDPR Savegame Market url has changed. For the record, the new one is here :-)

edit:

Fairly certain the save games are stored in "...My Documents/The Witcher", disoraptor.

Yep, you guys are right; C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\The Witcher\saves

First of all I'm sorry to bring this long forgotten post back up and running, but that was my last chance ^^. I checked under C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\The Witcher\ and there are no folders there at all. If you will be kind enough to send that save to my email. I'd be sooo greateful. And yes, I know i'm early into the game, I know it might not take me that long to get to the same spot as i was left, and I was intending to do that untill i saw this thread :)

sajdasjfdasdf@hotmail.com

I'd love to help, but I recently started playing the Witcher again, and I'm now past Vizima. Probably the oldest save I have is past the Cockatrice bit. And be wary of the Witcher Wiki site, I got a virus from them, from Alt+Tabbing between windows and clicking the wrong spot at the wrong time.

And be wary of the Witcher Wiki site, I got a virus from them, from Alt+Tabbing between windows and clicking the wrong spot at the wrong time.

When was this, Mademan? What was the virus and what did you click on? I'll pass the deets onto the devs and get them to investigate asap.

One of those pop ups saying "your computer may be infected with viruses, install our fantastic super awesome virus scanner now!". Then again, it may have been camping on my system the whole time. You know the devs of the Witcher Wiki? Not the Wikipedia entry for the Witcher, I should say, but here. Might not be their fault, but I was definitely on their site at the time.

Yep, I know the devs (CDPRed) and I know the Witcher wiki admins :-) Thanks for the info, I'll give them a (both) heads-up.

Hey folks.

I recently was unfortunate enough to crash my computer, leading it to re-install windows(Damn System32 modding). With that, I had no time to backup files and such and lost my thewitcher game/w files.

I googled around and tried to see if I could find some place online to download a save and pick up where I left off. Then I found this topic. Now, I know it's almost a year that this topic last was touched, but with the witcher 2 out, I really want to finish this game before getting the new one.

So, could anyone here perhaps help me out? I recall just entering the third act(or at least the act where you get into a new part of the city, after the tower-act). Do anyone have a save-file around that point?

(SPOILER WARNING BELOW???)

I sided with the villagers, worked alone in the sewers, helped the elfs in the forest, Hm... Let the elves take the crates outside vizima... Yeah, I guess that's mainly it. If anyone got a such file around, I'd love to have it. In any case, if you have the opposite of what I listed above, I don't care :D I just want to pick up where I left off.

I can be contacted at Seiken_Densetsu3@hotmail.com. Please label the email with "The Witcher Savegame".

Thanks in advance!

Hey seiken3 :-) There does exist a Savegame Market on the official Witcher forums, which is a place for fans to swap save game files :-) However, the forums themselves are offline for the moment while they update the website - but I used to help run the old Market, so this is probably the next best place on the 'net you could have found to ask :-)

In the absence of the ol' market, I can send you a savegame file with these choices (sorry they don't match up exactly right!). I'll organise that tonight for you, when I get home from work :-)

I had kind of the same problem than seiken3 .

I was also at the star of the third act .

My email is mykias@gmail.com .

I would be realy glad is someone could help me out .

Thanks and good day :)

Hey seiken3 :-) There does exist a Savegame Market on the official Witcher forums, which is a place for fans to swap save game files :-) However, the forums themselves are offline for the moment while they update the website - but I used to help run the old Market, so this is probably the next best place on the 'net you could have found to ask :-)

In the absence of the ol' market, I can send you a savegame file with these choices (sorry they don't match up exactly right!). I'll organise that tonight for you, when I get home from work :-)

Thanks a lot! Really appreciate your effort! Unlike others(I know about a few friends) that get games from piratebay. However, The Witcher is such a great game that put me out several times(in a positive way), that I will force them to buy it instead of download it. And any save will work really, I just want to get back to third chapter and finish :)

bah I can't find my savegames. Anybody know where they're kept? Or are they deleted as soon as you uninstall?

Ooh... I'm not sure if they're deleted when the game is uninstalled :-( But on a default game install, the savegame files are in C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\The Witcher\saves

Seiken and Mykias, I've sent along a save file to you guys as well. If you need a different one let me know.

I have the same problem- bigphatjoek@mailcity.com. I really want to finish this game before I start my copy of The Witcher 2.

Hi sanjurochupa, welcome to the forums :-) Which Act were you up to in the first game? I have save game files from every Act so feel free to just let me know where you were up to and I can send something along :-)

I have the same problem- bigphatjoek@mailcity.com. I really want to finish this game before I start my copy of The Witcher 2.

Hi sanjurochupa, welcome to the forums :-) Which Act were you up to in the first game? I have save game files from every Act so feel free to just let me know where you were up to and I can send something along :-)

Hello Mod. You sound to be a nice person and I happened across this forum desperately needing a save game for the witcher original unpatched version. I bought the game recently and the registration for it won't send me a reply/confirm e-mail. I can live with it unpatched but I have a problem. The part with the queen in the cave is bugged. I tried it several times and decided I'll quit playing game or hope for another solution. I tried a 'the witcher program trainer' just to get through but it didn't work. I wanted all my choices in game to reflect on later game,however, at this point a save game of any kind right after the queen and 'roof collapse' would be great.

I made it through it just now, sorry to bother you. I was pulling my hair out practically in frustration of tons of previous tries at it. Good luck to you all.

Edited by witching