chrisg

Sometimes I wonder about cats....

Yeah thats pretty much it. The only thing I would add is, be careful with anything on the chest/tummy/legs and occasioanly the back near the tale. These are the places most commonly to cause my cat to turn from a purry thing enjoying the rub into something that would make the terminator look like a childrens toy. I have found that cats do enjoy a good scratch: under the chin, behind the ears, on the sides of their neck just below the skull, back of the neck and on/justbelow the shoulder blades.

belly tickling (and squeezing their lower spine just above the tail, though not both simultaneously) can drive them to ecstasy

or have them turn into a razor scythe if you do both at once

some cats are very tactile, others are more "attacktile"

Yeah thats pretty much it. The only thing I would add is, be careful with anything on the chest/tummy/legs and occasioanly the back near the tale. These are the places most commonly to cause my cat to turn from a purry thing enjoying the rub into something that would make the terminator look like a childrens toy. I have found that cats do enjoy a good scratch: under the chin, behind the ears, on the sides of their neck just below the skull, back of the neck and on/justbelow the shoulder blades.

belly tickling (and squeezing their lower spine just above the tail, though not both simultaneously) can drive them to ecstasy

or have them turn into a razor scythe if you do both at once

some cats are very tactile, others are more "attacktile"

My cat does both when getting his underside scratched...

You can watch him go from: maaaaan that feels soooo gooood to if that bare foot doesnt move in the next 2 seconds, I'm attachting myself to it

They usually dont go for the feet, espcialyl when they get kicked over 2m from the first time of trying it on.

:)

Pretty much what Scruffy said - we once had a cat from four houses down, quite elderly who suddenly decided our bed was the place to have his day nap.

We had four cats of our own at the time but they happily accepted him, like he was their grandfather. Had a chat to his owner, discovered his name was Charlie, and she was bemused, he'd never much left the house before, identified cat lovers I guess.

He was still kicking on when we moved and his owner guessed him at 20 years old, which is damned old for a cat.

Cats aren't idiots, they are quite convinced we are their servants, ours has a cat door, he always goes for his morning garden stroll through it, never much leaves the garden these days, then waits patiently at the back door to be let in :)

They are all pretty self-sufficient, but this guy can really look after himself.

The congregation of cats is interesting Elven, but black cats are a little different I've found, almost invariably moggies, but they are almost a breed unto themselves.

Cheers

Edited by chrisg

ROFL!!!!

You can't really mix anti-biotics and alcohol much, so no, I was far from pissed :)

Cheers

fyi : this is a well publicised bullshit, with the exception of imidazoles (flagyl and the ilk, which block "normal" metabolism of etoh leading to a toxic hangover); penicillins, cephalosporins, various mycins and tetracyclines are pretty inert in interaction with alcohol

Ye as I understand it the original prohibition against penicillin and alcohol came from penicillin being used to treat VD. Doctors where trying to discourage people going out and getting pissed and shagging someone before the penicillin had a chance to actually clear up the infection.

Here we go.

http://www.abc.net.au/dimensions/dimension...pts/s776185.htm

ROFL!!!!

You can't really mix anti-biotics and alcohol much, so no, I was far from pissed :)

Cheers

fyi : this is a well publicised bullshit, with the exception of imidazoles (flagyl and the ilk, which block "normal" metabolism of etoh leading to a toxic hangover); penicillins, cephalosporins, various mycins and tetracyclines are pretty inert in interaction with alcohol

Ye as I understand it the original prohibition against penicillin and alcohol came from penicillin being used to treat VD. Doctors where trying to discourage people going out and getting pissed and shagging someone before the penicillin had a chance to actually clear up the infection.

Here we go.

http://www.abc.net.au/dimensions/dimension...pts/s776185.htm

:)

Interesting link - now I regret cutting back on my wine the past few weeks ;)

Cheers