Morgoth

Phone Insurace

Hey, I'm now a sad owner of an iPhone 4s, since it's expensive as shit, what's the best way to insure it?

Should I get it added to my roomie's home+contents, if it possible?

Is there some kind of company that will bundle it with car insurance?

Or is there some mob who do good phone related insurance, I'm with Telstra btw.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Fucking title typo ><

Edited by Morgoth

Expensive...

But really I think I'd rather that then have my phone broken, nicked or lost and have to buy another one :/

I've got no faith in the insurance bullshit. my brother got his galaxy s stolen from a housing construction site in Sydney and they told him they would not cover it because it was in a public place. what a load of fuck.

Can only speak for the (very expensive) Vodafone Phone Insurance in NZ. For $9 a month basically you call up and say 'lost my phone lol' and they send you an identical one the next day by courier; certainly a lot less hassle than a normal insurance company, but of course it'd vary country-to-country and between providers. But worth a look IMO.

I've got no faith in the insurance bullshit. my brother got his galaxy s stolen from a housing construction site in Sydney and they told him they would not cover it because it was in a public place. what a load of fuck.

I see... Il double check the Telstra fine print too

I am with protecsure for my laptop, ipads, iphones and any other gadgets, they cover for all sorts of stuff unless you are careless.

Essentially, they will cover if your animal pisses on it, but not a feral animal.

They will cover theft, but not if left in an unlocked car in plain sight over night... check them out.