Greaver

Help needed with recording audio for a cast

Hey people

I have a bit of a random one I need some help with, anyone who can point me in the right direction will have my eternal gratitude

I have previously used xsplit for both streaming casts and doing local recordings that can be uploaded later in higher quality but my machine isn't powerful enough to play the game I am recording (Team Fortress 2) and record a high quality HD clip locally at the same time.

To get around this issue I have obtained bandicam - an excellent recording program with an extremely low overhead that allows me to record high resolution high bitrate video while I cast live without a drop in fps for the recording or the game itself.

My issue is sound, I really need to record both my co-caster and myself talking while it is recording live (I hate casts where the video is done first and the casters then cast a video, it doesn't capture the action at all) but the only way I can do this in bandicam is to set 'listen to this device' in my microphone settings (USB headset if that makes a difference) and that of course means I am talking over myself in realtime.

I can set bandicam to record two audio sources so I was wondering if it possible to add a program output or similar as a windows audio device or something similar and set bandicam to record it?

This issue is driving me up the wall so any help would be appreciated

So you cant set it to record through your sound card, only direct from your microphone?

If you can somehow do it, just get him in Vent/Teamspeak/mumble/Skype.