retiredfromlife

Yamaha Windows 98 drivers (Sound Card)

I seem to be buying a lot of games from gog.com these days and I find some of them still only run on windows 98 or a single core PC.

So I am in the process of putting my old P4 3.2 back into action. One problem is I can not find the driver disk for my Yamaha sound card. I like this card as joysticks work in the old plug type on these cards very well. On some of the more recent cards with the old games controller socket on them I have tried the joy sticks do not work.

Does anyone know where can get Yamaha drivers for win98?

For that matter is there a site that hosts old drivers. Every time I google I just get get sites for commercial driver updating software. I noticed there are a few driver compilation disks for XP, but I can not find one for win98.

And since I seem to be getting into retro games a bit I may try to collect some bits to keep me going in win98 for awhile. to future proof my retro gaming.

Regards MarkL

There used to be a couple of legit free tools, but they changed to spam machines years back.

If you let us know the exact model and maybe the model numbers of the chips on the card we'd have a chance at helping out.

There used to be a couple of legit free tools, but they changed to spam machines years back.

If you let us know the exact model and maybe the model numbers of the chips on the card we'd have a chance at helping out.

Ye exact Yamaha card would certainly help.

Thanks for the replies for reason I did not think to enter the cards details.

On the chip the numbers are;

---------------------------

Yamaha Japan

XG

YMF744B-V

9939 EABF

--------------------------

On the board;

T 1B 94V-0

M03-045A

------------------------------

On the bar code on the back;

SP4101049840

------------------------------

the card is PCI and has

Game device port

Mic

Line In

Front Out

Rear Out

S/PDIF Out

That's about all I can see.

Regards MarkL

Thank you both for the links.

Boy I am going to have to improve my internet searches. I tried everything I could think of including Yamaha home page, drivers etc and all I could get for Yamaha were non English pages and payware links.

That Yamaha page looks like the shot. I downloaded the drivers from the first link as well.

It may be a good thing for a sticky forum thread, links to hardware drivers current and past.

Thanks again for the help, I should be right now. Soon know when I plug the old joy stick in.

Regards MarkL