Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nich...

Pan Am

Pan Am is a television series centered around the iconic airline Pan American World Airways during the early 1960s. The period drama, from writer Jack Orman[1] (ER) and director Thomas Schlamme (The West Wing), has a storyline that begins in 1963 and focuses on the pilots and stewardesses working for the world-famous airline.

I originally grabbed the pilot (teehee) just to see what Christina Ricci was doing these days, but the show surprised me by grabbing my attention (and not just because Kelli Garner is cute as a red-head), to the point that it's probably ranked fourth on shows I look forward to each week (behind only Walking Dead, House, and Fringe).

Has anyone been watching it over the last month or so?

I wouldn't get too attached. It probably needs a steady increase in ratings for the rest of the season to get renewed.

Hadn't heard of it til this and just enjoyed the first ep on your recommendation Nich.

Not bad. Obviously the result of some studio's directive to steal a bit of Mad Men's thunder. But all the ingredients are there, planes, dames, planes, dames.

Christina Ricci annoys me. A lot. Always has. Will have to get over that. The redhead's a sweetie though.

:)

I don't think it is on in Wait-a-While (WA) as yet - but don't quote me - I watch very little tv - very interesting airline, depends if it is historically correct and involves the battle with TWA - both lost in the end - the US has never really had, and certainly does not now, a National Airline.

I suppose United is the closest - been in and out of Chapter 11 like it's a revolving door :)

Cheers

Changed my mind.

Watched 3 more eps and it's pure Mills and Boon. It's a show made for lonely single 20-30 something depressed romantic chicks to watch home alone with a bottle or two of $10 chardy.

It's dumb. Really dumb. Zero depth, total simplicity. Turgidly dull characters. We're talking negative brain cell growth here - for viewers and the characters. The only possible outcome is "which pilot will each stewardess marry?"

And don't get me started on the pretty stewardess recruited as a secret agent thing...

Nich - snap-to man! If it gives you comfort and rests your brain, that's fine. I understand.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Yeah it started very well, but has degraded over time. Im still keeping with it though because im hoping they can turn it arround.

I actually liked the secret agent thing, because i thought it had real potential. But i cant believe the bumbling approach to it she has can be considered in any way realistic.

The redhead's a sweetie though.

Double sold!

Changed my mind.

Watched 3 more eps and it's pure Mills and Boon. It's a show made for lonely single 20-30 something depressed romantic chicks to watch home alone with a bottle or two of $10 chardy.

It's dumb. Really dumb. Zero depth, total simplicity. Turgidly dull characters. We're talking negative brain cell growth here - for viewers and the characters. The only possible outcome is "which pilot will each stewardess marry?"

And don't get me started on the pretty stewardess recruited as a secret agent thing...

Nich - snap-to man! If it gives you comfort and rests your brain, that's fine. I understand.

Unsold.

'

Ill stick wiff me mad men storys i fink.

In Pan AM....does Christina ricci get her knockers out....because i could be convinced to watch it on those grounds.