Sign in to follow this  
King_TriTAN

GTAV Trailer

what quantifies the PC variants as being better?

Higher resolutions, better framerate, custom soundtracks, can use a 360 PC controller or equivalent to play from your couch or bed or comfort zone...

Thought this would be extremely obvious to a PC user...

Higher resolutions, better framerate, custom soundtracks, can use a 360 PC controller or equivalent to play from your couch or bed or comfort zone...

yea thanks for pointing out the obvious.

except most people don't have a PC capable of playing games at high resolutions and frame rates hooked up to their tv.

Who cares about most people? For those with the capable hardware and playing setup, the PC version of any multi-format game will be the way to go, unless the PC port is botched.

Yeah next time, take 'most people' into account before saying a game is better on a certain platform.

except most people don't have a PC capable of playing games at high resolutions and frame rates hooked up to their tv.

But you do, and anybody else with a 'gaming' PC built in the past what, 4 years or so.

Oh, and we're here talking about you wanting to play the past GTA games, and you somehow preferring them on a console from your couch, and you asking why the PC versions are superior.

Emphasis on you.

THINK MCFLY, THINK!

Edited by Ezkaton

Just because "most people" can't play it on PC doesn't mean it isn't the best platform.

The PC version's are better in almost every way.

But you do, and anybody else with a 'gaming' PC built in the past what, 4 years or so.

Oh, and we're here talking about you wanting to play the past GTA games, and you somehow preferring them on a console from your couch, and you asking why the PC versions are superior.

Emphasis on you.

THINK MCFLY, THINK!

Good point. Given that the PS2 is 1990s hardware, I find it hard to imagine most people not having a PC that can outperform it.

Something else to take into account with PC versions of multi-format games is the 3D support with nvidia. Yeah stereoscopic 3D can look nice on a PS3, but it's miles behind that a decent PC can spit out OMFG

Better textures, no jaggies (I dunno how long it has been since you played a GTA title on PS2, but they look horrible and run horrible, especially GTA:SA) Mods, multiplayer (with mods) etc.

I'm honestly not even sure why you're trying to argue this. You also get mouse aiming, once again, not sure how long its been since you played on PS2, but the aiming/lock on system is horrible and almost a game breaker imo.

Oh and I should note, I used to play GTA3 and Vice City on a GF4 MX440 with 256mb ram and a 1.2ghz athlon cpu and I played GTASA on a 2800+ with a 128mb 6600gt, most intel HD chips are faster than that now :P

Thank god this has turned into a KONSOEL VS PEE CEE debate.

Back to something that actually matters, hilarity:

Posted Image

'

Hahaha!

Hopefully they'll be bringing back the funnies.

I didn't find GTAIV that funny compared to earlier ones. Especially the radio.

Edited by bushi

I was just thinking to myself, what this thread needs right now is people arguing how they play vidya games. Moving along is anyone disappointed they didn't explore new territories? Washington could be a blast.

Hopefully they'll be bringing back the funnies.

I didn't find GTAIV that funny compared to earlier ones. Especially the radio.

Boosta Posted Today, 06:23 PM

Neither did I, but that's because a lot of the humor is a bit more subtle. It's better the second time around.

Edited by Mademan

Someone asks a question, someone gets a reply.

Not too hard to understand.

Emphasis on you.

THINK MCFLY, THINK!

I don't think you understand what I am saying, anyway I am just going to drop it, GTA for me and alot of other people is a console game played best on consoles in a casual manner, for the die hard there is always PC.

No, I don't think you understood what I said, and failed a second time.

Oops.

Nesquick likes to play GTA on a console, Ezkaton likes added visual effects, there is nothing to argue about unless you're inclined to be childish about it. I'm going to ask a mod to lock this thread if you two don't stop.

Anyone want to contribute anything related to GTAV?

Edited by King_TriTAN

Actually, I've played every GTA game on consoles, not PC.

I've just been pointing out that the whole 'consoles are for sitting on your couch and playing' logic is flawed, as in modern times it really no longer applies, as either one (PC or console) can be used from either position.

For instance my PS3 is currently hooked up to my PC monitor and I play games sitting at my desk, and I have in the past had my PC plugged into my TV downstairs playing games from the couch.

Anyway; I saw a video just before... Rockstar apparently confirmed the obvious.

Game is set in Los Santos and its surrounding countryside.

Apparently it's their 'largest and most ambitious' game yet.

I wonder if that implies that it's larger in scale than San Andreas?

I can't really picture that being so if it's just Los Santos and its surrounding countryside, but I'll happily be proven wrong.

Edited by Ezkaton

Ezkaton please stop, you're baiting nesquick into a petty discussion and I don't trust that you can navigate yourself out of the discussion without it ending in a row. Nesquick please don't respond and move on.

I would probably prefer GTAV to be focused on the different locales in LA if including other cities would be determent to the overall detail of every city, I really want a focused LA experience to the point where I could familiarize myself with LA through it.

Edited by King_TriTAN

It's not going to be LA.

Los Santos it shall be. And it will only be similar to LA, just like all the other cities they create are just similar to real ones.

It's not going to be LA.

Los Santos it shall be. And it will only be similar to LA, just like all the other cities they create are just similar to real ones.

Los Santos IS LA...

I still think they should do another GTA London.

It's not going to be LA.

Venice beach, orange groves, it sounds awfully like LA. The world of GTAIV was fantastic and I hope Rockstar North really push the scope and detail in V. I get a split/second vibe from the trailer. Edited by King_TriTAN

Ezkaton please stop, you're baiting nesquick into a petty discussion and I don't trust that you can navigate yourself out of the discussion without it ending in a row. Nesquick please don't respond and move on.

I would probably prefer GTAV to be focused on the different locales in LA if including other cities would be determent to the overall detail of every city, I really want a focused LA experience to the point where I could familiarize myself with LA through it.

Not baiting him, just letting you know you were incorrect in your assumptions about myself, and what I was talking about with him.

Also I agree on your second statement, even though GTA IV was 'smaller', I enjoyed the extreme rise in city detail over previous games.

So many complained, but personally I preferred it. Of course GTA V would be great if they could add extra locations with the same level of detail and polish, but I think I'd still be happy if it was just an expanded Los Santos.

I have a 'gut feeling', so to speak, that Rockstar are trying to appeal to those who didn't get into GTA IV 'cause I don't know, they have A.D.D. or something and can't pay attention to the game for more than 5 minutes without wanting to skydive off something high into the countryside and steal a tractor and shoot up somebody's farm or whatever. I think they'll add a bunch more ways to 'get around' the city, along with more 'fun' things to do. I had tons of fun in GTA IV just screwing with the AI... I didn't need hotting up cars, basejumping, countryside, desert, jets... etc.

We saw jetskis in the trailer... I wonder if they'll add BMX and MTB into the game again?