Sign in to follow this  
Brock

Uncharted 3 - PS3

The game has received killer reviews.

Just wondering if anyone here has started playing it, I'm a big fan of the previous two instalments and have been keeping an eye on Drake's Deception for a while now, but haven't got the cash to pick it up for another couple of weeks. Anyone able to give their opinions on how the game looks/feels to play compared to the last one?

Edit... grammar.

Edited by Brock

Picked it up today, got the limited ed with the console decal and Drake's necklace, etc.

Packaging is kinda cool, it's like Drake's notebook and opens up with pics and everything inside.

I'll give it a bash tonight at some point.

Uncharted 2 is one of my fav PS3 games, so I'll post my impressions on the third when I can. :)

Excellent!! I'm in the same boat Nuke haha, BF3 just taking up my time atm... And when Skyrim comes... bugger me. Neglected missus much?!

I will definitely be grabbing this in the coming weeks, it might be shelved until I've given Skyrim a good crack though.

Look forward to your thoughts on the game!

Yeah I just pre-ordered Skyrim last night and also somewhat addicted to BF3... still need to pick up Arkham City as well, oh and I'm still working on Dark Souls, and playing GT5 online.

Screw full-time work! No time to catch up on vidya!

Edited by Ezkaton

Yup.

Loving it so far. Just hit France.

Love the flashback to Sully & Drake's first encounter.

Looks like it's going to be another rollicking adventure!

(And I got this straight away as I know come next week, Skyrim will be sucking the majority of my spare time away).

I'm with Nuke on this, I'm sure it will be great but couldn't give a toss atm. Between BF3, Arkham City and Dark Souls I'm a little overwhelmed right now. In a weird way I'm kinda glad Stronghold 3 was so badly fucked up cause it would just be one thing too many if it were great. I'm trying to get AC out of the way by the 11th to make room for Skyrim.

I'm with Nuke on this, I'm sure it will be great but couldn't give a toss atm. Between BF3, Arkham City and Dark Souls I'm a little overwhelmed right now. In a weird way I'm kinda glad Stronghold 3 was so badly fucked up cause it would just be one thing too many if it were great. I'm trying to get AC out of the way by the 11th to make room for Skyrim.

Whats wrong with Stronghold 3? Was really looking forward to grabbing that at some point too.

Will get it for sure, also got time issues right at the moment but I can't wait to grab it. Apparently unlike the norm, I will probably give preference to UC3 over BF3, despite the fact that I've been loving the Battlefield franchise lately.

It kinda shits me that so many things hit at the same time each year. Sure it reaches a point where some of these studios are better off just aiming for a different window in the year. Too many things swept under, often undeservedly.

Whats wrong with Stronghold 3? Was really looking forward to grabbing that at some point too.

Needs to be finished. I'd wait for a few patches before I bothered, Nukey.

I'm looking forward to it. Really liked Uncharted 2, haven't had a chance to play 1 yet. I keep looking for it in shops but can only ever find it now in the platinum edition with 1 & 2 and for some reason I find that offputting.

But...I am a month away from any real time spent gaming. The list is just getting longer and longer.

I haven't actually played 1 or 2... I have a serious backlog of games.

I have only played 2

And its the best action movie I have seen in years, not to mention one of the best games.

Picked it up yesterday, very impressive and looks quite good in 3D. Still, it's not the leap that you got from Uncharted to Uncharted 2. This game is Uncharted 2 part 2 which is still a good thing!

I like the subtle changes that make it appear more realistic, like Drake putting out his arm to touch a wall instead of just bumping into it or whatever.

I guess it's nice to see devs putting in a bit more attention to small details like that.

I also thought the faces in cutscenes looked really good, especially the bald dude who is helping you in the beginning.

Yeah hand to hand combat is awesome.

I am digging the shit out of this game.

Been the first game in a long time that I've wanted to go back to straight after putting it down. I don't care that it's as scripted as they come cos it's bloody great fun.

And the attention to detail is staggering. It's one of those games that would look so damn nice in 1080p with some more AA at 60fps. The jaggies are about the only thing that lets it down graphically.

I heard about that... haven't seen her myself yet though (haven't played since Thursday when I got it).

Bit wierd that they'd change how she looks. :S