jimma

Far Cry 3 Who else is pumped ?

As you some of you may know Far Cry 3 (FC3) is coming out next year and me what do I think well to be honest I am Completely excited and Really REALLY nervous at the same time

Why?

Well what made Far Cry 2 great for me wasn’t the story line...that was horrible along with the ending, it was actually the ability to play the game how you wanted

and the fact it wasn’t like COD or BF3. For example this is one of my best experiences with the game...

Their is a small train station guarded be a few number of guards and your objective is to go in and take the diamonds...no of course you could just run in

COD style kills everyone and make one hell of a mess ooorrrr you could have fun. So as I was approaching the base I move a fair decent way were their were

3 guards on top of different water towers I then took out my Dart rifle and eliminated each one as they looked away so that they wouldn’t alert the others.

Of course this is just basic stealth stuff so to make it more interesting I snuck around to the front of the base undetected where I placed IED's on their cars and their Fuel bottles

then I went around to the side of the base were their was a hole in the wire I went though this hole and detonated the IDE's as the AI ran for the location of the explosion I crept in grabbed the diamonds went around the back of the base and jumped in their cars. Without firing a shot.

^^^

THIS.....THIS is what made that game great the ability to look at something and say "How can I get there?' Which will be the most fun" It wasn’t about linear shooters or getting 1000points for a headshot or jumping off a building and killing 3 guys it was about being clever and smart. I pray that this game will be smart and clever and wont become one off those FPS you can knock over in a few hours I hope it will be awesome :)

hmmm FC 2= BORING. Also with FC2 and Crysis Warhead they WOULD NOT run in DX10 mode (or was it DX11), they'd run for a few minutes then crash. After I dropped the game back into the DX mode below the latest I never had one crash afterwards so I'm presuming both games were using the same flawed engine. So yeah, FC3? We'll see, I'll probably wait a year or 2 and get it out of the bargain bin.

hmmm FC 2= BORING. Also with FC2 and Crysis Warhead they WOULD NOT run in DX10 mode (or was it DX11), they'd run for a few minutes then crash. After I dropped the game back into the DX mode below the latest I never had one crash afterwards so I'm presuming both games were using the same flawed engine. So yeah, FC3? We'll see, I'll probably wait a year or 2 and get it out of the bargain bin.

Yup that'd be the Cryengine.

I never had issues with it, what's in your system?

i thought it had great potential fc2

but the weapons sucked hard and the constant respawn of enemies was a nightmare

i got about halfway through the game as i really liked the setting but those two things spoiled the whole game

i never had an issue with the game crashing either

Mine never crashed...

And with the weapons it really depended what loadout you used like if you just used the AK,Pistol ect it was really REALLY boring you had to

actually try and make it fun I know who tries haha

I hope they fix the little things though like you said turing around and the enemies have respawned

Headshot. Headshot. Headshot. Still the enemy is alive.

Enemy knows exactly where I'm hiding.

Boring game is boring. FC2 that is.

Yes well some people find it difficult to hide :) but if you shoot of 300 rounds usually normal people can find you

After watching the above I'm certainly pretty impressed :) the voice acting seems good though the effort devs always put into these displays at gaming expos is usually of much better quality than the final product. :P

Do you think they will fellow though with what it looks like at the moment Brock? I hope they do

TBH I just don't see anything fresh with the franchise anymore. Cryengine 3 is the only fancy feature I can see so far for this game.

The demo for FC3 was underwhelming.

TBH I just don't see anything fresh with the franchise anymore. Cryengine 3 is the only fancy feature I can see so far for this game.

The demo for FC3 was underwhelming.

It doesn't even use cryengine, just an engine that is supposedly based off it.

Far Cry 2 was incredibly boring, I stopped playing after an hour.

I'm excited too see if Ubi can atone for the abomination that is FC2. :P

Wait.. Ubisoft was in charge of Farcry? Well that explains everything.

I really gave FC2 an big chance.

I had a few hours of gameplay, but after the same shit over and over I just gave up too.

And never even wanted to look at SP ever again.

MP was still a bit ok. The GFX was the main reason I continued to play it.

FC2 took friggin' ages to get anywhere. Once you got high enough in the game the enemies died very quickly. It sucked having to got back to point X again after being there for another mission only to be told to go back again. Way too long, seems very linear. Multiple play was fun.

I've watched the FC3 video. It looks like FC1 story line has returned with FC2 graphics. I'll keep watching.

I hated FC2.

Shit combat with guys who don't die from headshots, boring world design, they had a chance to make africa so interesting and cool, but instead it was just checkpoint after checkpoint.

Everyone in the world was hostile, you couldn't bribe your way through a checkpoint, you had to shoot through it, every time. No predators (lions etc.) to take on.

Gimmicky fire, cool you can set a field on fire, but then it just goes out and accomplishes fuck all.

The only way FC3 will be good is if it had the original island and characters OR they don't call it FC3.

I had my first glance of Far Cry 3 at E3 2011 and it wasn't really that impressive. The graphics, I admit, is really good...at least its way better than the graphics I've seen in Far Cry 2.

But in my opinion, FC3 seems like a repetition of the first FC. The events, the places, etc are almost identical. When you play, it seems like you're playing the first FC only that it has better graphics.

I guess GameArena has done great to describe this before it's out of release, see this link: http://www.gamearena.com.au/news/read.php/5098795

Gameplay footage

the teaser was meh, but that gameplay trailer looked good. im interested again.

still occasionally get it mixed up with max payne 3

Interesting. Graphics look like a step back, although that is the 360 build by the looks of it and I only played Farcry 2 on PC. I really hope the gameplay isn't all wave encounters like that (I did only watch 2 mins of the vid though, I have to go to bed, feel free to tell me if I'm wrong ), the best thing about Farcry was being stealthy, Farcry 2 fucked that up by enemies having ESP, the only way Farcry 3 will win back fans is if it goes back to the stealthier gameplay.

Edited by NukeJockey

Bump ! Well FC3 is not far off now, I know not many people liked FC2 but I liked it from the moment I set myself on fire even if the enemies were physic :) So now its back to the jungle and all its graphic glory, and as a pre order from Ozgameshop its only $42.99 for the hard copy release date is 07/09/12. Ordering my copy next week as that looks to be a good price to me.

Far Cry 3

Hmm, another 4 months to go, plenty more to get excited about in the mean time, I really hope they don't fuck this up like they did with FarCry 2.