Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
saluy

You gave BF3 96%

How could you give that game 96% with all the random bugs??

also I personally don't find it fun, it doesn't have the re playability that BF2 & BC2 had. That is my opinion, but I want to know how you missed all the bugs and went straight for gold?

Oh come on man.... Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean Atomic has to agree with ya. There are countless people in atomic and throughout the world that are enjoying the living hell out of this game. That's gotta count for something right?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

How could you give that game 96% with all the random bugs??

also I personally don't find it fun, it doesn't have the re playability that BF2 & BC2 had. That is my opinion, but I want to know how you missed all the bugs and went straight for gold?

I'm sure both David and John were quite convinced that the game was worthy of a high score, and as you've touched on, each review in the magazine is the opinion of the writer - which may differ completely from your own opinion. You may not enjoy a pig-farming simulator, but if reviewed by a pig-farming simulator enthusiast and scored very well, you would naturally disagree with it.

Not that it's a particularly relevant comparison tool, but I'll just point out that metacritic has aggregated reviews of the same title at 89 - our review is not extreme, nor is it an outlier.

You are, of course, still entitled to your opinion :)

Game reviews at atomic are essentially a "Hollingworth gaming blog" and he values exposition over gameplay.

If your gaming satisfaction does not align then adjust your expectations accordingly.

Oh come on man.... Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean Atomic has to agree with ya. There are countless people in atomic and throughout the world that are enjoying the living hell out of this game. That's gotta count for something right?

and they all have their head in the sand about the issues.

its ok, no big deal though, everyone has their own levels of tolerance, mine are particularly low so I also think BF3 on PC at least is crap and not worthy of more then about 6/10 due to alot of bad design choices, all they had to do was make a slightly better looking BC2 instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with it somehow turning out square.

Single player is pretty fucken shit. But the multiplayer is really fun. I don't think it's a 96, but its definately somewhere between 80 and 90. It was a good review anyway, the actual number at the end mean fuck all really.

its ok, no big deal though, everyone has their own levels of tolerance, mine are particularly low so I also think BF3 on PC at least is crap and not worthy of more then about 6/10 due to alot of bad design choices, all they had to do was make a slightly better looking BC2 instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with it somehow turning out square.

It all comes down to taste, I hated BC2, no prone, small channeled maps, small scale gameplay, to me, a person who's played BF since it was first released, i.e. BF1942, it wasn't Battlefield... It was like some similar game but small, more like Battlebusstop or Battlecornerstore..

BF3, however, brought back the epic, and some great improvements people have been screaming for since the Desert Combat mod days, and the gameplay is a tactical joy and is fun as you don't need to be a rambo to play well... it's far more multifaceted than BC2.

Oh, and really singleplayer? in Battlefield, that'd be like singleplayer in TF2... Why would you?

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor

They didn't try to reinvent the wheel.

Its like BF2 with BC2 style infantry and good graphics...

This thread is a great example of how everyones opinion is different and everyone has different tastes.

GG /thread

They didn't try to reinvent the wheel.

Its like BF2 with BC2 style infantry and good graphics...

therin lies the problem ;)

anyway none of this matters its just matter of taste while some were busy dolphin diving in one game others were cutting their teeth in faster paced games like COD.

A review is just an opinion ... OK, you think BF3 is crap, but others have different opinions.

I was really surprised when PCPP gave a recent game that everyone said was so buggy it was unplayable a high score.

I presume sometimes that reviewers are playing earlier/slightly difference versions that the retail release version. Am I correct?

ive got some pretty serious graphic glitches and stuff in BF3, but i still bloody love it, i hardly even notice the weird black lines that sometimes explode from the end of my gun in multiplayer then disapear again, and thats just one of the weird graphic bugs that i only seem to get in BF3 and no other game, but as i said, i hardly notice them when im playing, i totally love BF3 and so does my mate (who got the same bugs but they seem to have gotten a bit better for him now)

I was really surprised when PCPP gave a recent game that everyone said was so buggy it was unplayable a high score.

I presume sometimes that reviewers are playing earlier/slightly difference versions that the retail release version. Am I correct?

Sometimes this is indeed correct Sir :) What I like about Atomic is that they (and any others worth their salt) will highlight that it's a preview copy. And yeah you gotta take stuff into consideration when you're reviewing that.

As for BF3 itself, look I'm hardly into it, like 3-4 hours, but the SP was terrible and its still buggy and even though my PC isn't crap, it runs BF3 like a dog, doesn't seem to scale too well either, go figure. I'm undecided on the gameplay yet as it's clearly a style of gameplay I'm not used too, so what they excel at in BF3 I don't 'get' at the moment, but I'm willing to put in some hours to find out.

Sometimes this is indeed correct Sir :) What I like about Atomic is that they (and any others worth their salt) will highlight that it's a preview copy. And yeah you gotta take stuff into consideration when you're reviewing that.

As for BF3 itself, look I'm hardly into it, like 3-4 hours, but the SP was terrible and its still buggy and even though my PC isn't crap, it runs BF3 like a dog, doesn't seem to scale too well either, go figure. I'm undecided on the gameplay yet as it's clearly a style of gameplay I'm not used too, so what they excel at in BF3 I don't 'get' at the moment, but I'm willing to put in some hours to find out.

I'd like to hear your definition of isn't crap though.

My mate is running it fine on ultra with a dual core and a 6950.

I'd like to hear your definition of isn't crap though.

My mate is running it fine on ultra with a dual core and a 6950.

Honestly I'd have to go home to check it all out man. I just remember having to upgrade to a new PC when SC2 came out and was able to run it on Ultra without any slow down.

I'm not sure.

One other thing is that sometimes people have different experiences. And sometimes the people with the bad experiences, are extremely vocal. When the iPhone 4 came out, all your heard about was antenna issues, and drop outs. The number of people who actually experienced the issue, was a lot lower than the media made out. Likewise, another game I play, heroes of newerth, sometimes has issues patching on XP systems.

When I was running it on XP, sometimes it would bug out and you couldn't update, and therefore couldn't play. Now HoN is a great game, but when you can't play it / it's bugging out, the more you like it when it's working, the more angry and pissed off you get.

Some people have massive browser and other issues with BF3. So far I haven't experienced any of that, and everything has been very smooth.

Yeah I've only had about 3-4 CTD's in total.

A couple of crashes on loading initially for the first time that day.

Apart from that, all pretty damn good.