Sign in to follow this  
raistlin

Project Green Dragon

Put the Lamptron slot protectors on but ran into a problem with a 1x slot being too near the CMOS batterie. Notice that the 1x slot protector is longer then the slot its ment to go on. A little bit of scalpel work and it fits.

Also did a placement test for the Swiftech HD waterblock and finished off the Pump mods.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Diagram of planned layout.

Black: Radiator

Red: Graphics card

Purple: CPU block

Blue: Resevoirs

Grey: Pump

Green: Fittings with part #

1: Bitspower G1/4 Matte Black Case Top Water Fill Set

2: Bitspower G1/4 Male to Female Extender - 50mm - Matte Black

3: Bitspower G1/4 Matte Black Dual Rotary 45 Degree Adapter CC5

4: Bitspower G1/4 Matte Black Rotary 1/2 Compression Fitting

5: Bitspower G1/4 Matte Black T Adapter

6: Bitspower G1/4 Thread 90-Degree Triple Rotary 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD Compression Fitting - Matte Black

7: Bitspower G1/4 Male to Female Extender - 20mm - Matte Black

Posted Image

That's freaking epic!! >_<

But seriously though, how much money have you spent so far? :/ or is that something taboo and i shouldn't ask about? D:

Edited by ameel

But seriously though, how much money have you spent so far? :/ or is that something taboo and i shouldn't ask about? D:

Hardware so far $3831

Postage so far around $300

Its not taboo but it hurts my eyes to see it and my poor wallet is sitting in a corner crying lol.

Edited by raistlin

Hardware so far $3831

Postage so far around $300

Its not taboo but it hurts my eyes to see it and my poor wallet is sitting in a corner crying lol.

And how much of that is just watercooling stuff?? because if that last order of compression fittings cost $300, then i don't want to know what the latest batch of stuff ended up costing :S

All those green plastic parts, do they come off?

I'm getting a black HAF-X, but I'm considering making moulds of the plastic parts, and casting them in a different colour...

Or at least painting them or something...

I'm getting a black HAF-X, but I'm considering making moulds of the plastic parts, and casting them in a different colour...

You'd be able to paint them fairly easily I reckon.

You can take the 2 plastic parts off (the front and top) and you wouldnt have too much trouble taping over the mesh and spraying the plastic.

And how much of that is just watercooling stuff?? because if that last order of compression fittings cost $300, then i don't want to know what the latest batch of stuff ended up costing :S

The latest parts come to a total of $410, the postage to get it from FrozenCPU to Perth cost $132

Yes all the green panels come off.

Ok Ive been MIA for the last month and a bit. Im back now with some more pics. Its getting closer to being built and finished.

Ive had to change a few things as I go, had some problems with watercooling parts not going where I wanted them too, so had to order more.

Have also now recieved my Socket 2011 screws for my Swiftech HD waterblock. The New ones are shorter and thicker.

Plus pics of a few more parts and my Frozen-Q Resovoir.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn, Damn, Damn. I woke up this morning and went to move the Frozen-Q resovoir and I broke the UV globe......

Going to have to buy for a new one.

WARNING: the UV globe is VERY Fragile

Edited by raistlin

Ouch! That sucks heaps man! Hope a new one doesn't set you back too much.....

Those reservoirs are sweet too. I almost bought one for my build, but decided against it as I didn't want much colour in my setup. Should look sweet inside your rig though, especially considering how green your whole PC will be :)

Added another order tonight. Only a few more parts to get and it will be ready to finish off.

Will have a few more pics within the week.

So, big question, what's the cost so far???

Also, keen to see it finally finished should look bloody awesome :)

Soo the 'T' virus still contained ?

looks freakin awsome

Yes the T-Virus is still contained :D its still inside the bottles - aka Feser one coolant lol.

So, big question, what's the cost so far???

Also, keen to see it finally finished should look bloody awesome :)

Total so far: $5061.65 and that doesnt include postage. Postage has so far been $250 for FrozenCPU, $230 for PCCasegear and $30 for Gammods over multiple orders.

A lot of people would say its over kill but this is mainly a showcase for people to see what I can do. This is my first true custom built water cooling system, I have always wanted to build something like this, its just been taking so long as I am semi-retired and money has been the biggest problem. I startet this build on 4 August 2011.

Its also in the Mk 1 stage, I wish nVidia would hurry up with the 600 series.

PS G-relk the UV Globe inside the Frozen-Q Resovoir that I broke (damn lol) only costs $5 but the postage for it costs $30, so Im ordering 2, so I have another spare and wont have to pay another $30 if I need another after it fails.

I too cant wait to see it all finished....

Edited by raistlin

Damn!! That is a MASSIVE amount of money!!

I mean, sure, it's going to look amazing, but it would want to!! If it were me doing the build, I wouldn't have forked out so much for the compression fittings your using, would have saved you a good couple of hundred dollars on that alone....

Yeah I know its a lot of money but Ive always wanted to build something like this.

I really wanted the fittings as I consider them to be the best you can buy. I like the look of them and wanted this build to look over the top.

Its all about the WOW factor for me, when people see it in real life I want them to have to pick their jaw off the ground lol.

This year a new company (Monsoon) has also released a different set of compression fittings that look just as good but half the cost. Only problem is they have no rotarys or elbows and the only colours are Black, Blue, Chrome, White, Red and Silver. (Why oh why isnt there any green anodized fittings lol)

Check these out:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14947/ex...1234-1P-BL.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/search.html?mv_pr...monsoon+ex-tub-

Edited by raistlin

Wow, those monsoon fittings are gorgeous!! They are a fair bit cheaper than the Bitspower ones too.

If I ever used compression fittings, I'd be using the XSPC ones. Even cheaper again than the monsoon's, and externally not too dissimilar to the bitspower ones (except in colour).

Still not sold on compression fittings though, IMO barbs are still the better way to go. Heaps HEAPS cheaper, do the exact same job, and if done right, look even better than compression fittings.

Anyway, enough arguing about that. So, where is your fill port?? Or are you filling it another way??

Also: post more pics ;)

just FYI you can get green compressions from koitech - aus distributor

http://www.koitech.com.au/products/monsoon...ssion-fittings/

I like compressions just because they are dead easy to use. I agree barbs can look just as good if done right though :)

build is looking good, coming along well. thats a pity about the uv light in the res. i've not dared to calculate exactly how much i've spent, it wouldn't be fun for my wallet. probably twice what i needed to, to get a pc that performs the same or simillar. i love the silence, that it doesn't heat up my study so much and the bling factor too.

more pics!

Noooooooooo, god damn it. Didnt know they did green fittings, if I did i would have got them instead of the bitspower ones.

Thanks for the link and your pic of the bunnings tube cutter p0is0n.

Im going to bunnings tomoro morning to get a tube cutter and a heat gun. I plan on doing some custom acrylic work too, so really need the heat gun.

The fill port is located on the top of the case - See the pic on page 3. Its still going to be a bitch to bleed all the bubbles/air out.

Im going to do the Side panel window today some time, so should have some pics up of that soon.

I just did my second last order - spent $500 on all the remaining parts needed. only part left to buy now is the power supply, which I will get next fortnight.

Once I get all the parts, the build will really take off.

PS - I wonder if its too late to get those monsoon green fittings, I am so tempted. I would need 13 of them and then have to get more bitspower roatarys without the compression fittings. Damn Damn Damn.........

Ok Ive decided to get the monsoon green fittings. Thats $100 for 13 including postage. Then I need the Bitspower rotarys & adaptors, so thats another $150 including postage. Going to be a month now till I have everything lol. On the Plus side I will now have spare fittings which I was planing on buying for my old PC to make it watercooled, I just wasnt planning on doing my old PC till after this one is finished lol.

Edited by raistlin

Wow you're going all out nuts on that watercooling, should end up nice!

About tubing,

I use 7/16" over 1/2" barbs and I dont even use ANY hose clamps, that's right, even the output from the pump doesn't have one, the temp difference between 7/16 and 1/2 is like 1/4 of a degree potentially, for a much more flexible and less leak risky build.