Sign in to follow this  
raistlin

Project Green Dragon

Purchased the Monsoon Green fittings from koitech, cant wait to get them. I had to do it fast as they only had 3x 6packs in stock. The american companys are all sold out, even the Danger Den website is sold out.

Thanks again p0is0n.

Purchased the Monsoon Green fittings from koitech, cant wait to get them. I had to do it fast as they only had 3x 6packs in stock. The american companys are all sold out, even the Danger Den website is sold out.

Thanks again p0is0n.

no worries mate, glad you were able to get some.

its going to look slick when completed for sure, if it doesn't already ;)

Some more Parts and some more pics.

Started work on the Fill port, had to cut away some plastic and make a hole in the top case. Also changed the default 3mm red leds to 3mm green ones. More work and pics tomoro.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok I tried to do some custom acrylic work but I dont have the right tools for the job. I couldnt get the edges sraight enough.

Ive decided to get in touch with EpicPCCases to get them to do some custom acrylic work for me.

I recieved my new Monsoon fittings and will take some pics tomoro.

I have also started cutting up the side panel of the case, but its slow work as its steel. Takes ages to grind/cut with a dremel.

Also cut the clear acrylic to fit in the new window size, just have to sand it down a bit and polish.

Will place another order with FrozenCPU soon, need more watercooling fittings to add to the monsoon ones...

Have placed my order with Epicstore - www.epicstore.com.au 1x Custom hours work = $35. They are doing a custom faceplate for me. I tried but just couldnt get the arcylic cut straight enough.

Have also placed my last order with FrozenCPU. Only things left to get now are a SSD and PSU, which will come from PCCG.

More pics coming soon....

Posted Image

sounds good. i've seen plenty of examples of epics work so I am sure it will turn out well.

Yeah I found Epic thru youtube searches. They do really good work and at a good price too. Been talking to David via emails, hes a cool guy.

I may even get some more work done with them. Ive got a few other ideas for this project.

If your handy with a CAD drawing program, I have had custom work done by a mob up in queensland called miles plastics. Don't know what they are like for small stuff, but I got my clear case made by them. I think it was only about $140 for the lot plus postage.

Should look good though man, can't wait to see the finished product :)

i've seen your on OCAU as well now raistlin - epic is quite active there sharing some projects and prototypes etc.

he does a lot of custom acrylic cases too. some of them look slick.

If your handy with a CAD drawing program, I have had custom work done by a mob up in queensland called miles plastics. Don't know what they are like for small stuff, but I got my clear case made by them. I think it was only about $140 for the lot plus postage.

Should look good though man, can't wait to see the finished product :)

I dont have any CAD programs, I just did the above design in 'Paint' lol.

I cant wait either, been taking ages due to finances.

My GF is saying it will never be finished lol.

i've seen your on OCAU as well now raistlin - epic is quite active there sharing some projects and prototypes etc.

he does a lot of custom acrylic cases too. some of them look slick.

Yeah I joined OCAU as I plan on learning as much as I can about overclocking. I know the basics and theory behind it just havnt done much, Im more of a PC builder. Ive probably built over 500+ PC's since 1990. Will take a look around OCAU more, will look for Epic's work too, it may give me more ideas.

look good so far, keep up the good work.

Spent 2 hours working on the Side panel.

Took ages to cut thru as it is steel not aluminium.

Have a few ideas for the green acrylic - that will come later.

I have a bit more work to do tomoro, grinding in the round corners and fitting the clear acrylic.

Take a look at the grinding discs or whats left of them lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For future reference, a jigsaw is the best thing to do side windows with. Just buy a metal cutting blade for it and your all set. It's what I have used on all the windows and hole I have done in the various cases I have owned, WAY quicker than a dremel, though a little bit noisier.....

Regardless, it's looking great so far man, can't wait to see more progress on it.

I have a jigsaw, the only reason I didnt use it was because or the raised window sides. Not enough for the footprint of a jigsaw.

Got a few more fittings and connectors today. I wanted a more green colour in normal light for the connectors.

Plus a couple of pics on the layout.

Last pic shows the taps on the pump, this is for ease of draining.

What do you think looks better? full bitspower fittings or half bitspower + Monsoon free centre fittings.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok after some trouble with Australia post losing my new faceplate from Epic PC, I finally have it. Thanks Daniel.

Heres a few pics... Will get better ones in daylight today

Top part is what I had Epic PC make for me.

Posted Image

A Thermal-Star temp display & 2x Green Illuminated Bulgin Style "Latching" Vandal Switch - 16mm

Posted Image

All together.

Posted Image

Power and Lights.

Posted Image

Nice a water cooling rig, i am green with envy (almost as green as that damned case). But jokes aside looks like a killer build mate, i would love to do something like this myself sometime.

coming along nicely.

keep up the great work.

Ok its time to finish off this project now. Had to put it on the backburner for a while due to money problems.

Will be buying the remaining parts over the next 2 months.