Sign in to follow this  
NagChampa

God the news is satisfying sometimes

theyre talking about it now on 2day fm

if anyone wants to listen.

ok so i havent read the article myself

but according to kyle the reporter wrote an article about him using very harsh words

and basically slandered the crap out of him in a personal way.

Kyle shot back to defend him self using words less harsh than hers.

Imagine if kyle said something about someone and they shot back he would still be made out to be the bad guy not defending kyle or anything but maybe there more to the story.

Reading the article here here and I don't think anywhere it badmouthed Kyle the way Kyle shot back at Alison Stephenson.

It was pretty objective that article, I think Kyle just gets upset about everything when it doesn't go his way. I think he is well known mainly in Sydney right? I don't know if his show's are all across Australia.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-24/kyle...ts-back/3690568

So apparently he's tried to defend himself instead of apologise. Bad move.

He reckons because we live in a country of free speech (which is only actually protected if it's political speech, guarantees of other forms of free speech don't exist) he can say what he likes.

Well guess what honey, in a free country, the public also has the freedom to disagree with you. Sure, stand up and spout your vitriol all over the place, and watch everyone boo you off your soapbox.

I will say one thing, I don't think he's consciously sexist. I think this was more a personal attack on a journalist who had an opinion against him. It'd be interesting to see what his response might have been if it had been a male journalist though.

He seems to think people are calling for his sacking because of this one issue, but it's not just because of this issue, there's been too many others. Sure he apologises after them, but you can't just keep running around acting the ultradouche, and then hope to get away with it every time by saying sorry. People are just gonna get sick of you and want you gone.

I don't understand why everyone's baying for his blood, who gives a shit about some reporter? They're the lowest form of life on this planet.

I would disagree, real reporters have my admiration, this guy is a celebrity radio presenter who's got a big mouth and doesn't know when to shut it. He's not a journalist/reporter in any way. Unless you meant the reporter who he was slagging off...

He reckons because we live in a country of free speech (which is only actually protected if it's political speech, guarantees of other forms of free speech don't exist) he can say what he likes.

Well guess what honey, in a free country, the public also has the freedom to disagree with you. Sure, stand up and spout your vitriol all over the place, and watch everyone boo you off your soapbox.

He apoligised by warning his victim not to do it again. Classy!

He apoligised by warning his victim not to do it again. Classy!

with an emphasis on ASS

I would disagree, real reporters have my admiration, this guy is a celebrity radio presenter who's got a big mouth and doesn't know when to shut it. He's not a journalist/reporter in any way. Unless you meant the reporter who he was slagging off...

Yes, I meant the "Reporter" from news.com.au

Obviously she, like her colleagues is the pinnacle of journalism...

but according to kyle the reporter wrote an article about him using very harsh words

Perhaps you should read the article then sunshine.

Tbh i really dont care enough. to go read it just relaying information dont shoot the messenger.

Perhaps you should read the article then sunshine.

Tbh i really dont care enough. to go read it just relaying information dont shoot the messenger.

Well if you read the reporters article you would know that she criticised the show and it's content and nowhere could I see any "harsh words". All the harsh words came from Twitter comments from viewers.

So perhaps you should read the reason for Sandipants rage before actually making a comment on his response and whether it was justified or not.

I'd like to see him and Alan Jones have a debate.

...with Mathew Newton as adjudicator... :)

What about Andrew Bolt? Is there any room for him in this fiasco?

He/the radio station seems to have lost three major sponsors from it. The only way that'll actually impact him is if people keep an eye on it and give negative feedback to the companies that fill those sponsor/ad holes.

i'm vindictive enough to boycot any of his sponsors.

I have refused or stopped watching anything with Matthew Newton in it since the shit with Brooke Satchwell.

I also refuse anything with mr Sandilands. even if his carreer does not fail, atleast he doe snot intrude on my day for very long.

He's a dick but he gets ratings.

Honestly i can't say i've ever dropped a company cause of sponsoring something i don't like...

and it's too late now, i already bought my fridge last night :)