Sign in to follow this  
NagChampa

God the news is satisfying sometimes

What kind of necromancy keeps Kyle Sandilands' career alive?

Whatever it is, it seems that it's losing its power. I was horrified to see the advertising for some new show he was doing, with all the advertising making it clear it was about controversy (what else could it be about?) The last thing he needed was more "permission" to act like a scumbag.

However, it seems that his penchant for controversy has finally started to pay off, his show was a ratings bomb and now Holden are dropping support for his radio show.

About bloody time.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-23/hold...ir-rant/3689756

meh

He'll get other sponsors, some people just love him, it's sick, I know.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

I hate no idea how he can call people fat with such hatred, when he himself is a lardarse.

Every time he opens his mouth vomit pours out.

Apparently he keeps employed because of his "Shock Factor", personally, he is just arrogant and don't think about what he says 100% of the time.

His show rates its arse off in sydney. With these sponsors dropping off, more will have been waiting for this opportunity to jump in and get their message out to the most ears in town.

They don't care, its his schtick. I mean, who couldn't fucking predict that a radio show on tv would bomb? Everyone thought H&A would have been loved when they went to tv, but they tanked hardcore. This guy did the same, but generated publicity for his radio show.

Guaranteed he goes nowhere, another big name sponsor will sign on, and they'll dominate the sydney ratings for the foreseeable future.

Want to stop that from happening? Don't write about him. Not in the paper, not on forums.

Edited by Juggalo Scrub

The link in the OP doesn't say why he called the journo a fat slag. Does anyone here know why ?? I'm curious, is all. Sandypants wasn't removed for his nastiness this time, it's just the sponsors getting all pc about him.

He's had a long running fued with certain reporters, newspaper sections, and so on. (Cheeky listens to him in the car in the AM. We rarely drive in together any more, so I tend to listen to cd's instead, but knew immediately his angle as soon as I saw who was involved). News.com.au is one of the outlets he's had a problem with in the past, and he took her (the journo's) review in his trademark style - by giving her grief.

Nothing new or unexpected from him, so I don't really understand why papers decide to give him more column space when they've seen time and time again that it doesn't actually hurt him, his show, or his ratings.

Edited by Juggalo Scrub

The link in the OP doesn't say why he called the journo a fat slag. Does anyone here know why ?? I'm curious, is all. Sandypants wasn't removed for his nastiness this time, it's just the sponsors getting all pc about him.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/media/kyle...6-1226203616976

I've just been viewing SexKitten link about Terry Pratchett looking into euthanasia ....

Sandypants and his despising ' fans ' will be just fine and will continue to despise each other till something sparkly grabs their attention.

edit : " SexKitten "

Edited by eveln

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/media/kyle...6-1226203616976

So in the end he's really just a butthurt drama queen...

Here's the original piece that Alison Stephenson wrote

http://m.news.com.au/TVNews/pg/0/fi918133.htm

And here's an interesting overview of the situation

http://mumbrella.com.au/how-kyle-sandiland...y-twitter-66350

Want to stop that from happening? Don't write about him. Not in the paper, not on forums.

I don't suppose sharing some popcorn whilst watching his career go down in flames is so bad? For once something he's involved in might be entertaining...

Edited by NagChampa

He/the radio station seems to have lost three major sponsors from it. The only way that'll actually impact him is if people keep an eye on it and give negative feedback to the companies that fill those sponsor/ad holes.

From your second link NagChamper ...

" Or clause 1.3 (a): “Program content must not offend generally accepted standards of decency (for example, through the use of unjustified language)”

Or a further guideline: “Avoid the use of overt sexual references in relation to a woman‟s physical characteristics which have no relevance to the issue under discussion.”

And: “Do not broadcast material which condones or incites violence against women.”

So this could mean trouble for him .

" Or clause 1.3 (a): “Program content must not offend generally accepted standards of decency (for example, through the use of unjustified language)”

Or a further guideline: “Avoid the use of overt sexual references in relation to a woman‟s physical characteristics which have no relevance to the issue under discussion.”

And: “Do not broadcast material which condones or incites violence against women.”

or not

radio stations do this all the time, they pay the fines if any, and keep doing whatever they do.

or not

radio stations do this all the time, they pay the fines if any, and keep doing whatever they do.

This is unfortunately true, which is why it's probably more important that they are losing some major sponsors.

Yeah, he'll get a fine and a warning not to do it again. And he won't, for a year or two. It will make zero difference to him - the fine it infinitesimal considering the advertising dollars rolling in. He may get a brief 1-4 week suspension, which would be worse, but not much.

Like I said, the only way you can hurt him is by trying to get his sponsors to drop him and try to ensure new sponsors don't pick him up.

theyre talking about it now on 2day fm

if anyone wants to listen.

ok so i havent read the article myself

but according to kyle the reporter wrote an article about him using very harsh words

and basically slandered the crap out of him in a personal way.

Kyle shot back to defend him self using words less harsh than hers.

Imagine if kyle said something about someone and they shot back he would still be made out to be the bad guy not defending kyle or anything but maybe there more to the story.

Edited by alexdtree

but according to kyle the reporter wrote an article about him using very harsh words

Perhaps you should read the article then sunshine.

http://m.news.com.au/TVNews/pg/0/fi918133.htm

Basically she says their show was crap, that's all. So Sandipants is just being his usual aresole wanker self, no surprise there.

In the OP's article he linked:

"As a senior News Limited editor I can't condone that."

In reference to Kyle's antics. I had a chuckle at this, because News Ltd are just the HEIGHT of professional Journalism *cough bullshit cough*

As for Kyle / Publicity, etc ... yeah I guess his ratings are still the highest, says a lot about Radio really and why it's a dying form, Americans are realising this on large scale now, but if that means less Alan Jones and less Kyle ... I think it's only a good thing.

and basically slandered the crap out of him in a personal way.

Kyle shot back to defend him self using words less harsh than hers.

Imagine if kyle said something about someone and they shot back he would still be made out to be the bad guy not defending kyle or anything but maybe there more to the story.

Let me start by saying this. If you paid me HALF of what Kyle got paid, I would do everything he's done already and then some. But don't kid yourself, he's a loud mouth shock jock for entertainment purposes, there's no sticking up for yourself when you're acting like a douchebag and people call you on it.

I've never gotten why this guy is even classed as a celebrity.

I could go on TV and radio and do the shit that he does, I like to think that celebrities are celebrities for a reason, I'll throw out a list of reasons and see how many of them fit the bill for Kyle S.

Good looking.

Good actor.

Funny.

Athletic.

Good musician.

Good speaker.

Charitable.

There are far more I could list off, but I realised that no matter how hard I try, none of these things will apply to him.

So why people, is Kyle Sandilands a fucking celeb in the first place?

So why people, is Kyle Sandilands a fucking celeb in the first place?

He has a big mouth and he knows how to use it.