Sign in to follow this  
G-relk

[Build log] GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

wow, really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

the build logs on atomic forums and ocau forums make me wish i had the cash and know how to do this myself, but sadly i don't :/

wow, really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

the build logs on atomic forums and ocau forums make me wish i had the cash and know how to do this myself, but sadly i don't :/

I don't have the know-how. I am however, a pretty quick learner, and I am also lucky enough to have a dad that DOES have the know-how. As well as the tools.

Just finished drilling the pilot holes into the HDD plates. Will need to drill them out a lot larger so the heads of the screws will fit into the holes. One of the holes is SLIGHTLY off on the 3.5" drive plate, that should be pretty easy to fix though.....

Bit of a written update here, as my net is capped so I can't upload photo's.

What I have gotten done:

Glued the HDD plates to the bottom of the case

Glued on the case feet

Drilled mounting holes for the HDD, SSD, and ODD

Worked out a way to fix my only-just-long-enough cable problem

Finished the front panel (bar polishing the edges)

sleeved the fan cables and power/reset button cables

What still needs to be done:

Fix the HDD plate lighting

Frost the top of the HDD plate

Shorten and individually sleeve the 24 pin power connector (when more sleeve arrives)

Lengthen and sleeve the last SATA power connector (again, when more sleeving arrives)

Widen the cable hole in the PSU so it will fit all the cables

Mount the PSU (when dad makes me an adapter plate to mount it the opposite way to what it was originally)

Flame polish the edges of all the pieces of acrylic

Build the case

Wire up the case lighting, and install a switch for it.

So yeah, still a LOT of work to be done, but I am getting there. For now their isn't a whole lot more I can do really. Just have to wait for the new sleeve from MDPC, and a new 24pin power connector, as my one is pretty much rooted from de-pinning it too many times. In the mean time I will polish the edges of the sides and top, fit the new PCI / I/O mount, and fit the PSU adapter plate. Plus fix up the wiring in the HDD plates.

Right, proper update time :D

So, I finally got the HDD plate lighting done, which was a right bitch as it initially didn't work. When I realised I had to wire them all up in parallel, it all worked perfectly.

The SATA power cable has been lengthened and re-sleeved, and it is now long enough to read all three devices. Initially I had two cables for the SATA drives, but all three will run off the one cable now, which is much neater.

All the cables from the front panel of the case have been sleeved, and the fans mounted for the time being. The USB port for the front has been trimmed down to save on wasted space

The 24pin cable sleeving has been ordered, along with a new 24pin plug, as mine is stuffed from de-pinning it wrong (one of the 12v wire's doesnt stay in any more). By the time they both arrive I should have the rest of the case built, and will know how long it needs to be.

The new backplate arrived from Gammods the other day along with the stuff I ordered for my main rig (which i will start a new build-log for soon). When I get a chance, I will give it a coat of primer, then spray it a nice dark green. The PCI slot covers pictured will also get a coat of primer and then a coat of bright green (similar to the colopur of the sleeving). Dad has also made me a plate that will allow me to mount the PSU the opposite way to what was orginially intended. This also needs a coat of bright green paint.

Anyway, heres a pic of everything as it stands:

Posted Image

PSU:

Posted Image

Close up of the lighting in the HDD plates:

Posted Image

Close up of the power and reset switch wiring:

Posted Image

And lastly, the front fan that I buggered. I measured the centre for the hole wrong and didnt realise until after I drilled it - bugger!

Posted Image

Comments, crits, and ideas welcome :)