Sign in to follow this  
osama_bin_athlon

the Corsair H100 is well worth the price.

I bought one of these on a whim - no-one else had one, and they looked pretty good - everyone that had a H50 seemed pleased with them, so why not.......

to give you an idea of just how good they are, I'm running at 4.8G, running Linpack on all cores, with a heap of stuff open, and watching a movie - it hit 50c-52

(idles @ 29c-32c)

I'm impressed for an over the counter cooling solution.

highly recommended.

;)

I bought one of these on a whim - no-one else had one, and they looked pretty good - everyone that had a H50 seemed pleased with them, so why not.......

to give you an idea of just how good they are, I'm running at 4.8G, running Linpack on all cores, with a heap of stuff open, and watching a movie - it hit 50c-52

(idles @ 29c-32c)

I'm impressed for an over the counter cooling solution.

highly recommended.

;)

I'm probably going to go one of those when i upgrade next.

Maintaining my current loop plus initial price is a bit hard now i have other priorities.

Its funny that my single 120mm rad antec 920 performs pretty much on par with the H100.

Its funny that my single 120mm rad antec 920 performs pretty much on par with the H100.

the block/pump's probably similar....dunno, I haven't checked them out.

certainly nice and compact after a succession of monstrous tower coolers ie: Tuniq Tower 120, TRUE, Megahalems

plus it works much better than any of them ever did.

Edited by osama_bin_athlon

h100 isnt much better than the 920 due to the rad being almost half as thick from memory

I've been very happy with my 920 apart from the noise it still makes sometimes. And it was only $85.

When and where did you get it for $85, I've been looking around and can't seem to find them any cheaper than $135

I was looking at the the H100 and the 920 both for my next build but like Osama said the H100's radiator is nearly half as thin,

it also has a much higher minimum fanspeed and is noisier, just a pity that the h100 looks nicer imo

It was a mistake, was supposed to get a 620, but they sent the wrong one.

That is epic then, whats the noise it still makes sometimes. Specs have them as being quieter than H100s

Just annoying trapped air bubbles, but I don't notice it so much anymore because my PC is in a different position. If you can manage to have the rad in your case with the little res at the top it shouldn't make the noise, but I can't do it in my Fortress because it lays flat instead of vertical.

My H70 does a fantastic job of cooling my Phenom X6, 31 degrees in an ambient temp of 27 degrees while performing basic interweb duties.

how soon til they release a thicker rad version. or even a dual 140mm version. thats what i want to see and what id buy!

how soon til they release a thicker rad version. or even a dual 140mm version. thats what i want to see and what id buy!

Yep cost would be hitting the $200 mark though which is very close to some low end kits that would perform better.

Been really pleased with my girlfriends 620, put it on my i7 930 which had major heat issues and it managed to keep it in check.

Yep cost would be hitting the $200 mark though which is very close to some low end kits that would perform better.

Its more expensive than some low end kits, hell, the 920 is more expensive than some low end kits :P

people pay the extra for the convenience vs a custom kit and they are already surpassing the price of cheaper kits that would smash there performance

XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit

High performance liquid cooling solution from XSPC. The XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Kit consists of 1 x XSPC Acetal Rasa CPU block, 1 x XSPC RS240 Radiator, 1 x XSPC 750 Pump + Reservoir combo, 2 x low noise 120mm fans, fan grills, brackets, tubing, barbs and thermal paste. Rasa 750...

$139.00

XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit

High performance liquid cooling solution from XSPC. The XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Kit consists of 1 x XSPC Acetal Rasa CPU block, 1 x XSPC RS360 Radiator, 1 x XSPC 750 Pump + Reservoir combo, 3 x low noise 120mm fans, fan grills, brackets, tubing, barbs and thermal paste. Rasa 750...

$149.00

XSPC Rasa 750 RX240 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit

High performance liquid cooling solution from XSPC. The XSPC Rasa 750 RX240 Kit consists of 1 x XSPC Acetal Rasa CPU block, 1 x XSPC RX240 Radiator, 1 x XSPC 750 Pump + Reservoir combo, 2 x low noise 120mm fans, fan grills, brackets, tubing, barbs and thermal paste. Rasa 750...

$165.00

XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit

High performance liquid cooling solution from XSPC. The XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Kit consists of 1 x XSPC Acetal Rasa CPU block, 1 x XSPC RX360 Radiator, 1 x XSPC 750 Pump + Reservoir combo, 3 x low noise 120mm fans, fan grills, brackets, tubing, barbs and thermal paste. Rasa 750...

$199

Edited by Dasa

Been really pleased with my girlfriends 620, put it on my i7 930 which had major heat issues and it managed to keep it in check.

Its more expensive than some low end kits, hell, the 920 is more expensive than some low end kits :P

Yeah I ended up getting the 920 for $100 from hong kong on release. :)

Just on the topic, how do the cheaper coolers handle long long long load times and high temps?

I just finished several days of prime 95 on my new PC to make sure it is stable at its current overclock and over the few days of constant blend tests, temps ranged from 22C min to 48-49C max across 4 cores. Obviously the lower temps are overnight and idle temps, day time ambient around 29-31.

I would wonder if after a few hours the temperature of the water in one of these small units may begin to rise? Or is the opposite true, and there is so little water in there that it is easy to cool with just a single rad/fan?

Just on the topic, how do the cheaper coolers handle long long long load times and high temps?

I just finished several days of prime 95 on my new PC to make sure it is stable at its current overclock and over the few days of constant blend tests, temps ranged from 22C min to 48-49C max across 4 cores. Obviously the lower temps are overnight and idle temps, day time ambient around 29-31.

I would wonder if after a few hours the temperature of the water in one of these small units may begin to rise? Or is the opposite true, and there is so little water in there that it is easy to cool with just a single rad/fan?

they seem to handle it just fine......

under 30c at idle, peaking at 50-60c after running Linpack all night

that's with a 120mm Radiator/H100 setup

then when I turned Linpack off, it returned in a very short time to normal idle temps

much, much better tham say my last 3x tower coolers, Tuniq 120 Tower, TRUE, and Megahalems

as I said, I'm very satisfied (haven't tried aftermarket TIM)

they seem to handle it just fine......

under 30c at idle, peaking at 50-60c after running Linpack all night

that's with a 120mm Radiator/H100 setup

then when I turned Linpack off, it returned in a very short time to normal idle temps

much, much better tham say my last 3x tower coolers, Tuniq 120 Tower, TRUE, and Megahalems

as I said, I'm very satisfied (haven't tried aftermarket TIM)

thanks OBA thats what I wanted to hear. I will happily recommend these to friends now. I've been getting asked a lot how they compare to my custom water setup and the answer seems to be about the same.

you can expect a good custom water setup to be ~5-10c cooler depending on the heat load

a good air cooler should be within ~5c of a all in one water unit and air can offer lower temps at low noise levels

imo the biggest advantage to custom water is being able to watercool the gpu which is more important to me than water on the cpu

the other benefit is you can get as much rad space as you want so you can run near silent fans if you wish and still have good temps at full load

down side is the initial cost and ongoing maintenance\cleaning

the amount of water in most loops is so small that they will reach there max temp in ~10min and extended load will just show variance from the load on the cpu and changing ambient temps

so unless you have a 44galon drum as a res running a long test isnt likely to make them any hotter

disconnect the fan and you will see the water temp in one of those little water units hit high temps rather fast probably making the pc shutdown after just a few min