Sign in to follow this  
osama_bin_athlon

the Corsair H100 is well worth the price.

the price performance of the 120 rad models sucks to vs air but you need a massive 140mm hsf to compete and not everyone likes to install something like that

Edited by Dasa

Yes I agree as I said I think the cheaper 120 rad models are great, however the price/performance gain of the H100 is terrible and not really justified.

An extra $50 or $60 for 8c? I'd pay that Over the price of the H50 or Kuhler 620.

But yes, in general price/performance of these all in ones is lacking, they are however, as I have said many times, so damn easy for a novice user to install and set up, more so than most Air coolers, that people will continue to purchase them just for that.

Edited by NukeJockey

That's fair enough, as long as people are happy with their purchases that's really all that counts. I am getting a loop in the next few weeks, so maybe I'll come crying back to my hsf and wish I got an all-in-one :P

shitty performance?

my temps tell me different.

I'm finding the H100 to be far superior to those monstrous towers

at idle I achieve between 22c and 30c, depending on the weather

at 4.6G it rarely reaches 50c under load

I reckon that's great over the counter cooling.

having had a H2O loop in the past, I love the convenience. not much chance that I'd go back to a proper loop

I'm finding it the same with my girlfriends Antec Kuhler 620, it seems to get better temps on my old i7 930 than my silver arrow cooler did.

According to OCCT mine is idling at 37-42c... :/

That's on medium fan speed.

Shit worked better when I had it blowing cooler outside air into the case, rather than pulling air from inside and blowing it out. :/

Edited by Ezkaton

all points noted. good for those who dont like the proper loops and arent planning to oc too much. i hope that in future revisions they (corsair, antec etc) incorporate a decent pump throughout the range. this following clip shows the corsair dribble of a flow rate.

and yes one must take into account the obvious length of extra tubing but still with little head pressure and slow flow rate its hard to justify price.

and in all honesty the upkeep of an average wc loop and even the initial setup isnt that bad. bleeding a loop and refilling every 6 months takes me 20 mins.

i can only see these all in one's being a good thing for the industry though (they are very popular in the builds i do at work) and i hope i havent offended the corsair/antec fanboys. its getting people interested in watercooling which will lead to more and more pursuing the custom loop route in the future.

According to OCCT mine is idling at 37-42c... :/

That's on medium fan speed.

Shit worked better when I had it blowing cooler outside air into the case, rather than pulling air from inside and blowing it out. :/

Do you not remember that thread where I told you it would work better sucking air into the case? :P

Which is this thread! :p

Yeah thought I'd try it how the manual told me to put it together.

All good, it's pretty easy to change.

I'll do it Wednesday.

I bought one of these on a whim - no-one else had one, and they looked pretty good - everyone that had a H50 seemed pleased with them, so why not.......

to give you an idea of just how good they are, I'm running at 4.8G, running Linpack on all cores, with a heap of stuff open, and watching a movie - it hit 50c-52

(idles @ 29c-32c)

I'm impressed for an over the counter cooling solution.

highly recommended.

;)

Ive been very happy with mine cpus at 4.4g and sits at 28c on idle 48c-50c load

What CPUs are you guys using?

And what kind of config? Intake, outtake, push/pull?

Well im using i7-3930k and my case draws air from the top through the h100 and front fans to exhaust out the back

I've got an i7 920 d0 @ 3.6GHz... people say around 40c idle is normal for this chip on the H100.

But I plan to change my config in my new case so it's drawing cool air in (like my old case but mounted properly) instead of pushing the warm air through the radiator and out the top.

Should yield better results.

Well im using i7-3930k and my case draws air from the top through the h100 and front fans to exhaust out the back

In current case in thru the top and have 2 fans (1 x 140mm + 1 x 80mm) to help draw it out the back

I've got an i7 920 d0 @ 3.6GHz... people say around 40c idle is normal for this chip on the H100.

But I plan to change my config in my new case so it's drawing cool air in (like my old case but mounted properly) instead of pushing the warm air through the radiator and out the top.

Should yield better results.

My i7 960 run at 30c at idle - barely over clocked at the moment

edit: load tempts in bf3 hit up around the 55c mark (just for you dasa!)

Edited by corky

hehe thanks for the load temps :)

out of curiosity since you have similar systems any idea what the air intake temps for your rads are

corky what overclock vcore pll llc are you running

also are you using the same thing to load the cpu

at the end of the day its probably just bad contact with the ihs some of them could be rather concave

Edited by Dasa

I was using OCCT, and I think I tried LinX as well.

Not sure on the intake as I haven't changed mine to intake yet, it's still set to outtake.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Ah yes, the Corsair H100.

Great CPU cooler, knocked about 8c off my Prolimatech Megahalems load temps, and the Mega was in itself a great cooler.

But then it did a strange thing. It turned into a CPU heater!

Lucky I have a G19 with AIDA64 running for the couple of seconds that the computer would run before hitting 120c and switching itself off in an act of thermal self preservation.

Also lucky that I keep receipts for every bloody item of computer equipment I've ever bought.

Not so lucky is the fact that it's the only piece of computer equipment that has ever failed. Also not lucky is the fact that it is the only receipt I have ever put throuhg three loads of washing in my jacket pocket.

If anyone wants a H100 CPU heater for those chilly winter nights, let me know.

:(