mark84

Piledriver and Trinity

reviews are popping up

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...fficial-reviews

looks like the cpu is up to 20% faster clock for clock vs 6800k but its clocked lower and thus the amd quad still slower than a i3

power use is down

the igp is another big jump forward but still not enough to run current games over 30fps at 1080p but i think they really need to dedicate ram slots to the igp for this

it seems rather expensive at the moment at ~$220 for the a10-7850

Given how things are, I think the CPU will be a hit on the lower TDPs, particularly the mobile market. The reviews on the 7600 looks very promising for those that are wanting laptops. Again, I think AMD would have been better off releasing Kaveri on mobile, getting the reviews for it, then launch the desktop variants. As it stands, everyone including the Intel lapdogs are just pandering it hard.

yeah it should make for some nice laptops

been reading some more and it seems that the a10 7850 cpu is a bit slower than the a10 6800 in games which dont seem to be gaining as much from the core tweaks as things like x264 encoding

Ah steamroller has finally hit. Looks like some good IPC improvements over piledriver. Just a shame they can't access the manufacturing processes Intel are capable of, would be fascinating to see them on more even terms.

Should make for some solid gaming laptops or SteamOS consoles etc