Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TheFrunj

Just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Nexus :D

Almost completely agree with you there.

But....it's not always great at doing its job. The only thing I use a task killer for is to see what apps are hogging my cpu and kill them manually. Sometimes apps/widgets aren't working right either and restarting them fixes the issue. It's not uncommon for it to be an app/widget that is built in either. But yeah, definitely don't use task killers to auto kill shit.

In ICS though, it gives you that option in the settings to disble the app to begin with. I'm guessing Android then just overlooks it and doesn't try cache it int he first place. I like this idea, cos there's apps that come with it that I will NEVER use, so why even give the OS a chance to have to think about what to do with it?

ICS also has the option to limit the number of background processes, and you can tell it to kill apps off properly once you exit them.

If you need to kill a bad app you can do so in settings. I wouldn't use a task killer for anything.

I don't like its auto management.

I will look into the disable feature for now.

What don't you like about it?

If you need to kill a bad app you can do so in settings. I wouldn't use a task killer for anything.

In settings you can't tell what app is misbehaving. And it's much easier to hit an app that shows you everything running and cpu usage stats. For the record, the only task killer I use is System Panel Lite, very handy.

In settings you can't tell what app is misbehaving. And it's much easier to hit an app that shows you everything running and cpu usage stats. For the record, the only task killer I use is System Panel Lite, very handy.

My issue with task killers is that they have to use some undocumented hacks to function. All workarounds I've considered have been extremely nasty, so I can only expect that these apps employ similar tactics. Use it to find the rogue app then use the system tools to kill it. Tell the app developer deal with the problem. Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

I just dislike not having control over it myself.

I hate things running when they have no reason to be.

Anyway, I have a new issue with my Galaxy Nexus.

My CHEEK always hangs up phone calls as soon as I put the phone up to my ear.

SIGH.

I just dislike not having control over it myself.

I hate things running when they have no reason to be.

That's irrational logic. Learn to accept that Android can handle itself. You should be happy about that, it means you can just use the device and enjoy it.

Anyway, I have a new issue with my Galaxy Nexus.

My CHEEK always hangs up phone calls as soon as I put the phone up to my ear.

SIGH.

I'm fairly sure the proximity sensor is supposed to stop touch events triggering when your face is near. See if there's an option in settings to calibrate your proximity sensor.

It's not irrational to somebody that's used to having a phone they're in total control of.

... And I will investigate this proximity sensor, though I haven't seen it anywhere before.

EDIT: Can't find anything about it... this OS is so 'closed off'. It's actually starting to shit me.

Unless I'm just blind.

Edited by Ezkaton

Yup, it should have a proximity sensor. My screen turns off automatically as I put it to my head to talk as Cyber describes.

Haven't had any colour issues, I think the screen looks great - and agree that the LCD screens can look washed out from time to time.

I've found that the Facebook app doesn't work properly after I upload a pic via mobile network, it won't load the news feed until I clear it out of memory manually and reload. That's the only one, though.

It's not irrational to somebody that's used to having a phone they're in total control of.

It is irrational, because the phone does and will do a significantly better job that you can.

I've found that the Facebook app doesn't work properly after I upload a pic via mobile network, it won't load the news feed until I clear it out of memory manually and reload. That's the only one, though.

Fagbook app has worked fine for me... well, until I uninstalled it the other day after seeing the sms permissions it has.

Fagbook app has worked fine for me... well, until I uninstalled it the other day after seeing the sms permissions it has.

If you get an application that allows you to manage permissions manually you can stop Facebook accessing all that. I installed cyanogenmod 7 on my nexus one as a test before I get my galaxy s2 and I found that you can manually manage app permissions natively so I don't know if the store has any apps that do it. So I disabled facebooks access to my contacts, messages and phone/call state and it's running fine.

Yeah I heard about apps like that the other day.

The one I saw required the phone to be rooted though, which I haven't bothered to do yet.