Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Gharphield

UFC 140 - Machida vs Jones

I liked the part where Brock Lesnar smashed Mir for the title.

Also, on a more serious note.

Does no one else think that 1 armed MMA fighter should join the UFC?

It's not a club. He needs to rack up wins and offered a fight to get there. If he beats serious competition, he will end up in the UFC.

He sort of has an advantage against lower level guys because it's hard to prepare for a one armed guy and he's able to put on a bit more muscle than his opponents (lacking a good 5-10 pounds of arm). So you could see him there. Once he's there, people will be able to study him and prep for him, so the advantage may go away. Then it'll be down to his talent & training.

What time is this being aired in Bris? If its evening, I might head down to the local...

This.

Anyone able to give me a NSW time for this? I don't even know if we're in daylight savings or what timezone this is called.

I'm pretty much the best person to have around if you're travelling into different timezones.

'

Googling it, and still can't find any info on when its being aired. All I know is its pay per view on AUSTAR...2 of the local taverns/hotels I've called either don't have a Sportschannel TV or are not televising it.

According to http://au.ufc.com/event/UFC140/watch#cable It's 1pm AEDT.

Edit:

For those wanting to know about Daylight savings:

NSW, ACT,Vic and Tas move from AEST to Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT), and clocks are advanced to UTC +11.

SA and the NSW town of Broken Hill move from ACST to Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT), and clocks are advanced to UTC +10 ½.

Daylight saving is not observed in Queensland, the Northern Territory or Western Australia.

http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/ou...#Daylightsaving

Edited by ReapermanRS

thx dude, Well, it looks like i'll be watching a replay then as I will be at work, unless I can find a live stream on the net....8-(

Well shit. Apparently I have a family reunion tomorrow. Starting right about when the main card starts and carrying on through til long after it's done. And because of that, I have to do a job starting at 8am. Great. I'll get to see... John Cholish vs. Mitch Clarke, Rich Attonito vs. Jake Hecht and if I'm really lucky Mark Bocek vs. Nik Lentz. Fingers crossed the Lentz v Bocek one ends before 7.30am.

Holy fucking shit.

No spoilers, so when you have seen it, you'll know what i mean.

*snap*

Aaargh! Frak! Don't keep me in suspense....what happened?

Tell me Machida Seagaled Jones' ass.....

Ha. No.

'

So after the family reunion (surprisingly fun!) I couldn't resist and bought the main card on UFC.TV. Just started watching. Didn't get to see any of the televised prelims so I read the mmafighting live blogs.

I haven't read the rest of the thread since my last post so maybe you're aslready spoilering, but just in case:

SPOILERS! FROM HERE ON OUT I AM THE SPOILER KING!

Korean Zombie, bitches! Suck a dick, Aldo!

MORE SPOILERS!

Ebersole, bitches! Woooo! I agreed with 2/3 judges, an easy 29-28. If anything I'm surprised the third didn't score it 30-27. A classic veteran with smarts versus youth with talent match.

Bones are made to be broken.

(am i talking about Jon "Bones" Jones? :P)

Don't know about a bone but even if it was just his AC, damn but that was impressive. I actually winced more and more every replay.