Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kikz

Louis C.K.'s content distribution experiment

Louis C.K. decided to produce and distribute his latest stand-up video himself. The early results are in. and they're awesome.

There's not a lot I can say other than good on him for doing this and I think the results are what we tech savvy people all expected.

https://buy.louisck.net/statement

Awesome! I bought that, was very pleased for my five buckeroos :) Shame he didn't email that statement to all those who had bought it, I'd have loved knowing 'straight from the horse's mouth'.

I was worried for him - really hoped it would work out! It's nice to have that personal connection too, you're not just buying from some corporation, but direct from the dude who entertains you.

Thats awesome, I enjoyed his little write up. Especially comparing his method to evil corporations :)

Is there a torrent out for this? :P

Edited by p0is(+)n

oh hell yes.

but how big is it, people? i may have to wait until my quota is full again.

1.11GB

For the 1280x720 version. The 800x448 version is 340MB.

The higher detail really isn't necessary - it's a slightly portly man holding a microphone.

Thats awesome, I enjoyed his little write up. Especially comparing his method to evil corporations :)

Is there a torrent out for this? :P

Buy it ya cheap bastard.

:P

oh hell yes.

but how big is it, people? i may have to wait until my quota is full again.

1.11GB

For the 1280x720 version. The 800x448 version is 340MB.

The higher detail really isn't necessary - it's a slightly portly man holding a microphone.

cool, thanks.

true enough about the low res. even plain audio can be just as good for stand up, except when theres visual jokes or a really animated comedian.

Ummm that website working for anyone else atm or is it just my crappy interwebs?

Worked for me earlier- just finished watching after download. Great stuff and distribution method

So ... err you could try now you know ...

Yeah, sorry for being rather useless with my first reply!

Anyway, for what it is worth, the site works for me, now, too

On the downside... it wasn't his best set. Not by a long shot.

Still, it's only $5.

I also bought Greg Behrendt's Original Uncool about 6 months ago for $5 from here . It's an old set of his from 2003 that he re-released himself. It's much more stand-up-y with shorter set ups and punchlines than Louis's conversation style. Greg's from the Walking the Room podcast. Worth the $5er.

Greg also helped Karen Kilgariff put out her 5 song comedy EP, Behind You for $3. Also worth it.

*EDIT* Oh, and you can listen to/stream the Behrendt & Kilgariff stuff without buying & downloading it at those sites. But buy it, you cheap bastard.

Edited by SexKitten

Louie is the man. I love the deal he struck with his network. And the fact he edits his show on his Macbook.

I've had many hours of enjoyment from his various TV shows and stand up specials.

So I have no problem paying the guy five bucks for what I assume will entertain me for an hour. And the knowledge that it is him that is getting the money, not some studio exec, was the deciding factor. Downloading it now.

With Hicks and Carlin dead, Louis CK is easily my favourite living comedian. The man is pretty darn clever and spot on when it comes to most of the stuff he talks about.

I personally thought he was hilarious in this video. Best 5 bucks I've spent in a long time. Great work on the linkage OP, much appreciated.

Just the fact that some big shot company isn't making money out of this is enough reason to part with my cash.