Oracle X

Ultra thin laptops, are they worth it?

I like the look of the new Sony T series but then again I am a sony whore and always have been.

everything is still probably in development or being produced atm though since iirc didn't intel release the mobile IB chips in march or april?

The high end quad-core mobile chips were released last month, but the dual-core / ULV chips aren't released until next month. That being said I read on WP that someone has managed to buy an IB Samsung Series 9 from JB.

Edited by GoFaster

I am finding troubles with my Zenboo UX21E at the moment, is a bit flaky.

I am looking into trying to get my boss to shell out for me to get a MBP or MBA for work, then will dual boot with Win7/8 for work apps.

Yo Yo Iamthemaxx we have new MBA's and MBP's in town and looking good to boot. The 8gb of ram thing for me is the best part.

And display hnnnnnnnng.

Beat me ;)

Pity the 13" aren't retina level display, not sure I want to lug around a 15" (but then 0.5kg's isn't that much difference).

I do like the 650M in the MBP, gives it a bit more legs. Not sure the Intel chipset would last more than a year or two.

And really, the only reason I want a new laptop is the GPU in this one can't handle Ubuntu 11.X with the Unity interface, otherwise the CPU handles things fine.

Yeah I have a 2011 MBA so its a little hard to upgrade but I need the ram for the little vm work I do.

How important is the resolution on a 14/15 inch screen? I'm looking at getting a laptop for uni and most of the portable laptops that have a reasonable price tag (~$1000) have 1366x768 screens.

Edited by GoFaster

Has anyone seen other new ultrabooks at all?

I am considering a 13" MBA, I really want discrete graphics but not a 15" screen so the MBP is tantalising.

How important is the resolution on a 14/15 inch screen? I'm looking at getting a laptop for uni and most of the portable laptops that have a reasonable price tag (~$1000) have 1366x768 screens.

This isn't really relevant to this thread, might be worth making a new one.

Ment to be new zenbooks soon but I thought they would be out by now.