Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
saluy

Lets inspire some thinking!

video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4773590301316220374#

about

Challenge yourself, your peers, your teachers. Participate in a revolution in science and human evolution. Watch this film and in an hour know more than most NASA scientists about the fundamental force that forms and sustains the universe (summary below). Visit: www.thunderboltsdvd.com - to purchase the DVD and\or Thunderbolts Of The Gods 'monograph' (book), - to view higher resolution sequences from the film (with stereo sound), - to subscribe to a free newsletter that will keep you up to date on the latest discoveries in space and a revolutionary new interpretation of them. The Thunderbolts Project calls into question not only countless modern scientific assumptions, but also the billions of dollars of big-science government and corporate funding that continues to preserve and entrench questionable theories - elevating them to the status of doctrine - while systematically excluding legitimate alternatives that threaten the status-quo. Alternatives that may represent the future of science. The Thunderbolts Project offers remarkably simple explanations for 'black holes', 'dark matter', the electric sun, comets that are NOT made of ice, planetary scarring and many other 'mysterious' phenomena. It proposes that much of the currently observable phenomena of deep space can be intelligently explained by already known principles of electricity. High school students get it immediately. A doctorate in higher math is not required. This extraordinary new theory also redefines ancient history, linking rock art images carved in basalt 5,000 years ago with identical images found only in Hubble photographs of deep space or in photographs of recently declassified high-energy plasma discharge experiments generated in a billion dollar lab. The Thunderbolts Project invites you to participate in this revolution, to test and even challenge its validity, or, if finding it rational and intriguing enough, to contribute to its expansion and further evolution. Thank you, The Thunderbolts Project

To me it's about challenging what we have been thought and that all that we know can sometimes be wrong.

maybe think about it this way; empirical data is collected by creating a hypothesis and then tested till that hypothesis is proven to be right, but once a new bit of data is added you have to change the hypothesis and thinking around it.

[edit]: Nevermind. It's a load of bollocks. Hopefully someone can do a better job than me at articulating why.

Rob.

Edited by robzy

[edit]: Nevermind. It's a load of bollocks. Hopefully someone can do a better job than me at articulating why.

Rob.

Who knows if it is, what I want to inspire is everything we are taught is true 'the end' or can we think something else?

Lots of people, for lots of reasons.

We might not be right, but we know we aren't that wrong.

The electric universe bullshit. It gets peddled at the alternative faires as its right up their unscientific alley. But the key test is this, other than explaining what is already known does it make new and better predictions? If so, what are they?

Edited by ArcaneMagik

Who knows if it is
I know it is. And I've only watched 5 minutes of it. And I'm not a physicist. Nor a "mythologist" as one of the authors is.

Of course we can think of something else. Scientists are doing it every dang'd day. Go to http://news.google.com and search "science," you'll get bucket loads of people challenging the current perceptions of almost everything we know.

The video you linked in the OP, though, is a bunch of bollocks.

Rob.

No, that's all garbage. This is the truth:

Please, listen to the whole thing before you dismiss it. It makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Edited by tantryl

Rob.

Who knows if it is, what I want to inspire is everything we are taught is true 'the end' or can we think something else?

Why 'the end'? even if everything was true it doesn't mean there aren't other things to think about.

There are always more precise ways to measure things or to calculate things but that doesn't mean that the initial rules are wrong.

Also for the record anyone who thinks that the universe is simple... well they would be the 'simple' ones.

I started in on your clip tantryl, for ten minutes I listened.

And, you know, I still wish you a Merry Xmas.

No, that's all garbage. This is the truth:

Please, listen to the whole thing before you dismiss it. It makes perfect sense when you think about it.

wow, got through about 5mins worth then just started jumping around. No way is that worth two hours of my time.

Not sure if your serious however.

As for the OP's video the answer is the same.

sometimes i like being at work, because they block video and i don't have to torture myself with curiosity

sometimes i like being at work, because they block video and i don't have to torture myself with curiosity

You got a problem with thinkin', bro? If you don't let go how you've learned to think, you'll never learn anything new. Open your mind, bro!

You got a problem with thinkin', bro? If you don't let go how you've learned to think, you'll never learn anything new. Open your mind, bro!

there's a difference between letting go and being incontinent

from other people's critique i believe my mind doesn't need the laxative being offered

I said bro twice. And you rejected my offer of bromance. I'm disappointed, bro.

Edited by tantryl

The bastard is trying to drive a wedge between me and my love of reptiloids!

Though I may be coldblooded I can assure you that nobody has offered me vast sums of money or domination of australia, yet. ;{(

Ed:spell

Edited by Elfarch

or can we think something else?

Yes we can. Welcome to science.

there's a difference between letting go and being incontinent

I like it. I'm pinching it.

Saluy, are you studying any science subjects at school?

The problem with "these kinds" of videos, are a few things:

Science is about having the best theory to make predictions, based on the evidence you have at the time. There was someone that proposed plate techtonics 400 years before it was accepted as a good theory. He was wrong to propose it, not because it wasnt true, but because he didn't have the evidence to back it up, and the mechanics of his theory didn't fit the data available.

Nobody can offer you an answer to the big questions, that will withstand all possible new data, not unless it doesn't reference anything external at all (such as the universe, biology, etc).

"Alternative" theories are part of science, but they need to meet some criteria. They need to be falsifiable, they need to make predictions, and they need to take all the data into account, or explain why some data doesn't match the theory.

That's about all the time I'll spend on this for now.

Edited by TinBane