Sign in to follow this  
ameel

Should I upgrade my cooling?

I don't like seeing my load temps exceed 50c. Even under overclocked conditions, and running prime95 :D Your temps are acceptable though.

4.8ghz is a nice result. try to run a prime95 blend for at least 12 hours to be sure its stable.

Edited by p0is(+)n

Fail! BSOD blue light woke me up for 4800Mhz D: should I be looking into increasing voltage to make it "more stable" and try prime95 again, or should i just give up at this point?

4200Mhz runs fine @ 1.26v btw.

not all cpu's may be able to run stable at 4.8ghz 1.375v it may only be able to do 3.6-3.7ghz at that or if its not pll overvoltage maybe you dont have llc on and it has some vdrop under load?

Did you turn on PLL overvoltage for that clock mate? You need it to get anything over 4.5ghz stable.

TBH not sure what PLL overvoltage is xD i'll check that out when i get back home. I'm assuming that would be featured and modifiable in bios?

not all cpu's may be able to run stable at 4.8ghz 1.375v it may only be able to do 3.6-3.7ghz at that or if its not pll overvoltage maybe you dont have llc on and it has some vdrop under load?

Not sure what llc is or whether it is on. I'll check in the bios later when i get back home. cheers

pll is a setting in the Bios, usually helps cpus get higher clocks, llc is load line calibration, that can help stabilise the voltage so that you dont see big dips and spikes.

pll is a setting in the Bios, usually helps cpus get higher clocks, llc is load line calibration, that can help stabilise the voltage so that you dont see big dips and spikes.

cheers for that. i'm gonna check that out when i get home. but i noticed that voltage usually fluctuates between +- 0.005 at most from the set voltage.

LLC may already be on then.

I know mine had it on normal by default.

awesome. just 1 more hour then i can go home and check xD work's so boring today D:

ok. PLL overvoltage is "Enabled". It was on "auto" before. Gonna prime95 test 4800Mhz

Ahhh. Forgot to turn prime95 before gym -.- gonna hit it now. hopefully pc won't bsod while im out (y)

edit:

ah crap. it's on 4500Mhz on voltage auto -.- showing 1.328 - 1.344V

ah wells, will test that...

Edited by ameel

Nope. that didn't turn out well. It BSOD after ~1.5hours D: should i up the voltage?

yeh, just don't go (too much) above 1.4v Vcore, and you'll be right.

you might have to manually increase the PLL, as well as enabling it - there should be an option to increase the PLL - try 1.9v PLL, and 1.4v Vcore, and see how high you can get

yeh, just don't go (too much) above 1.4v Vcore, and you'll be right.

you might have to manually increase the PLL, as well as enabling it - there should be an option to increase the PLL - try 1.9v PLL, and 1.4v Vcore, and see how high you can get

Gonna try that (y)

As I posted on http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=47105 today, the BSODs could have been a result of my sandforce ssd screwing up. Not certain though, but this has been happening frequently recently (frequently probably coz I've been at home in the last week, sick and in front of my computer most of the time).

Will re-attempt to OC once I resolve this ssd issue