Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Splash1

D-Link DWA-125 Wireless N USB Adaptor with my DIR-615

Hi guys,

Will a D-Link DWA-125 Wireless N USb Adaptor work with our DIR-615?

http://www.dlink.com.au/products/?tab=3&am...amp;rev=DIR-615

• Faster Wireless Networking

- The DIR-615 provides up to 300Mbps* wireless connection with other 802.11n wireless clients. This capability allows users to participate in real-time activities online, such as video streaming, online gaming, and real-time audio.

Bought today for family laptop and placed under tree. I can return if unopened. I believe the DIR 615 should be capable of 300mbps and the adaptor 150?

Edited by Splash1

Do yourself a favour and avoid d-link, they are just crap. this will serve you better and will run fine with any wireless modem/router.

TP-Link TL-WN722N 150m High Gain Wireless-N USB Adapter Internet Price: $18.00

EDIT: You wont find many here who like d-link.

Thats not answering his question he already has it

To answer the question, I have that adapter and it will work perfectly fine mine is connected to a iinet boblite wireless N router.

Do yourself a favour and avoid d-link, they are just crap. this will serve you better and will run fine with any wireless modem/router.

TP-Link TL-WN722N 150m High Gain Wireless-N USB Adapter Internet Price: $18.00

EDIT: You wont find many here who like d-link.

Thats not answering his question he already has it

To answer the question, I have that adapter and it will work perfectly fine mine is connected to a iinet boblite wireless N router.

Actually it did answer his question which was,

Will a D-Link DWA-125 Wireless N USb Adaptor work with our DIR-615?

And I recommended he avoid d-link and get something else despite him having a d-link wireless router. Buying the tp-link USB Adaptor would have been the first step in getting rid of his d-link products, and the tp-link will work perfectly with his d-link wireless router. Which when it dies he can replace with something other than d-link. :)

Edited by bowiee

While I agree with you on dlink routers I have owned 2, a 604T was good the last one (cant remember the model, it was terribad) The cards/USB adapters are fine. I have a PCI adapter and the above adapter and nether have ever caused any issues the PCI adapter is getting onto 10 years old now. I have no problems recommending those products.

Yes Dlink have a bad rep of late and it is well earnt cause of the bad routers. However to write off all their products without any experience of them is a bit much IMO.

While I agree with you on dlink routers I have owned 2, a 604T was good the last one (cant remember the model, it was terribad) The cards/USB adapters are fine. I have a PCI adapter and the above adapter and nether have ever caused any issues the PCI adapter is getting onto 10 years old now. I have no problems recommending those products.

Yes Dlink have a bad rep of late and it is well earnt cause of the bad routers. However to write off all their products without any experience of them is a bit much IMO.

Oh I have had plenty of experience with them over many years and all of it bad. When ever I get a call from a new client regarding unusual net problems it will be because they are using d-link, swap out the d-link and hey presto problem solved.

They have not had a bad reputation of late, they have always had a bad reputation and all my current clients are using any thing but d-link and it put an end to their net working issues. I am sure that from time to time some people have a good experience with d-link, but when you deal with quite a few examples of people using d-link as I (and others here do) you find they deserve their crap reputation.

Oh and I (like quite a few others here) never write off or recommend any hardware/software without extensive personal/client experience, as all who know me here can attest to.

Edited by bowiee