Whatcha drinking?

30ml Vodka

30ml Bickfords ginger beer cordial

Juice of 1/2 a lime

fill with soda water

over ice in a tall glass.

Stir with a swizzle stick.

:)

Interesting TD, might try that, although when I buy vodka, which is rare, it goes in the freezer - I like bullets :)

Drinking A chardonnay atm actually, nice, dry, cold, just a Renmano, but the rack is full of good stuff :)

Cheers

30ml Vodka

Juice of 1/2 a lime

fill with soda water

Interesting TD, might try that, although when I buy vodka, which is rare, it goes in the freezer - I like bullets :)

Drinking A chardonnay atm actually, nice, dry, cold, just a Renmano, but the rack is full of good stuff :)

Cheers

As per 1st recipe but this time tear up 4 mint leaves into little bits with your fingers and drop into the bottom of the glass first.

add vodka and let stand and infuse for a minute. add cordial, lime juice, soda then ice. stir when done.

Nice hints of garden mint in that addition. I reckon it's tasting nicer than the mint free one.

edit: What's a renmano?

Edited by TransmissionDump

A giant drinking cup full of crushed ice and fruit cup cordial to have with my apricot chicken in about 15 mins. :D

Never had apricot chicken, but I've always wanted to try it. What's it like? Is it roasted normally with the apricots in from the beginning? Fresh or dried apricots?

Btw, that's it, no more drink tonight. Well, no more after this scotch n coke.

I use this simple recipe but add fresh sliced apricot, a little onion and serve on long grain rice.

30ml Vodka

Juice of 1/2 a lime

fill with soda water

Cheers

As per 1st recipe but this time tear up 4 mint leaves into little bits with your fingers and drop into the bottom of the glass first.

add vodka and let stand and infuse for a minute. add cordial, lime juice, soda then ice. stir when done.

Nice hints of garden mint in that addition. I reckon it's tasting nicer than the mint free one.

As above but now with 30ml of blue curacao added just after the vodka.

Sullivans Cove Port barrel single cask (Cask strength)

Surprisingly easy to drink being cask strength, however it does tend to numb the taste buds a bit, and it'd hard not to cop a nose-full of alcohol fumes.

Next time i'll add in some water to start with, because it has some quite nice delicate flavours coming through now..

linky: http://tasmaniadistillery.com/component/vi...p;category_id=8

From barrel HH0511

Edited by Caelum

30ml Vodka

Juice of 1/2 a lime

fill with soda water

Cheers

edit: What's a renmano?

Just a nice SA Winery that decided to put bottle quality into casks a while back, TD, damned nice stuff for casual quaffing - if you like wine :)

Bowlee has it utterly right on Apricot Chicken, one of the few things I could guarantee my kids would eat when young :)

I play with it sometimes, goes great with saffron rice :)

Cheers

I use this simple recipe but add fresh sliced apricot, a little onion and serve on long grain rice.

Oops, sorry, bowiee, hadn't noticed you had replied! That looks positively, scrumptuous :O

(I'll ask if someone can cook it up for me... I have troubles using a toaster...)

Still drinking Adelaide Water ,its yummee.

Anyone know how to make Orange and passionfruit juice. Not sure if you use concentrate Orange or Fresh? Had some of the Daily Juice brand and i liked it.

I'm drinking cheap wine at the moment, but I thought I'd share a recipe I was given in Ireland. Fair warning, though: it's far more of a winter drink, and is absolutely perfect when you have a cold.

Hot Toddy

Wrap 2 Tbsp each of Cinnamon and Cloves in a cloth (ideally muslin, but I've seen it done with a clean handkerchief), then boil/steep in a few liters of water for 5-15 minutes to make something resembling a spice tea.

Add the juice and rind of a lemon to the tea.

Add one tsp of sugar to the serving glass, then pour in a shot of Irish Whiskey (Bushmills white is perfect, but can be hard to find here. Bushmills black is probably too good. Jamesons is an acceptable substitute).

Pour a shot of the tea in over the back of a spoon (so as not to crack the glass).

Garnish with a slice of lemon studded with cloves.

Perfect for a cold day - even better for a christmas in July type party. It's essentially mulled whiskey. Variants include adding irish breakfast tea leaves (or any assam heavy blend) to the spices, or adding other spices used in mulled wine.

Rockstar Juiced.

It will grow my ulcers but I need to wake up.

About to have a coffee, think I might get a real coffee though... instant is killing me.

Dude! Just..... Just...... DUDE!!! I think it's been about 20 years since I've had an instant "coffee". Dude...

A double shot would probably see me in the ER Cael, as you know :)

It's fricken 9am here and I'm having a glass of wine, family traumas...

Cheers