Sign in to follow this  
ameel

Issue with SSD

So I have a SSD is Patriot SATA3 PYRO 60GB that is about a month old, bought from MSY.

My PC has been BSOD a number of times since my last upgrade, and I pretty much blamed OC every time. However, I just realised (coz it BSOD many times while i was in the room and I got to test and see what's wrong) that it's most likely because of the SSD. Turns out, when I restart from BSOD, the SSD is NOT detected! And I have to switch everything off and wait few minutes before I can switch back on again. Annoying to go back into bios every time to select SSD as booting drive.

Any idea what's wrong? Is it the issue with sandforce ssds generally? fixable with firmware upgrade? Any chance I can return to MSY and get something else?

cheers for input!

(sorry for lazy language, feeling pretty sleepy atm...)

Updating the firmware should be one of your first stops, did you do a fresh install of windows since your upgrade ? If not you should do so taking care to load the latest drivers for your mobo.

Updated the firmware, but didn't restart (it didn't ask me to). PC BSOD, well actually "hanged" this morning when i woke up. i restarted twice this morning. will see how it is when i get back home

Still crashing after firmware update :/ any idea what I should be looking at/what i should do? Any chance i can get refund from MSY or something?

Updated the firmware, but didn't restart (it didn't ask me to). PC BSOD, well actually "hanged" this morning when i woke up. i restarted twice this morning. will see how it is when i get back home

Then I doubt you did it properly.

You need to get Pyro Firmware Updater and Pyro Firmware Update Rev. 3.3.2 from

http://patriotmemory.com/support/driversp.jsp

Extract both to your desktop and read the WILDFIRE_PYRO_PYRO SE_UPDATE_INST.pdf

included with the firmware updater.

Then I doubt you did it properly.

You need to get Pyro Firmware Updater and Pyro Firmware Update Rev. 3.3.2 from

http://patriotmemory.com/support/driversp.jsp

Extract both to your desktop and read the WILDFIRE_PYRO_PYRO SE_UPDATE_INST.pdf

included with the firmware updater.

that's actually what i did :/ now what....?

forgot to mention that it hanged again, several times. Usually, it hangs when im not using the pc for a while and go back to it. Sometimes it BSOD when im using the pc. When that happens, i immediately restart pc go into bios but the patriot ssd is not detected. I have to power off pc and wait for a while before powering back on go into bios, make sure the patriot ssd is detected and select it as boot drive.

Edited by ameel

forgot to mention that it hanged again, several times. Usually, it hangs when im not using the pc for a while and go back to it.

Try turning off hibernation perhaps? If it's off.........Oh well.I'm sure I read somewhere in here it had issues with certain new tech.Forgive me if I'm wrong.

forgot to mention that it hanged again, several times. Usually, it hangs when im not using the pc for a while and go back to it.

Try turning off hibernation perhaps? If it's off.........Oh well.I'm sure I read somewhere in here it had issues with certain new tech.Forgive me if I'm wrong.

there's no hibernation. i've turned off everything that attempts to save power (disable usb/turn off hdd/etc).

i also swapped sata ports for the ssd, just in case its the mobo. still same problem. what else can i do?

cheers

I was having bsod problems too.

I upgraded the firmware on my 60g Patriot Pyro, and it kept doing it.

Then I read this thread and had another look at the firmware version, still the old firmware! It did not upgrade on the first attempt!

Had another go at upgrading firmware and it worked!

No more bsod or locking up to the point of having to turn the psu off:)

Did your drive upgrade properly? Have you upgraded bios?

I was having bsod problems too.

I upgraded the firmware on my 60g Patriot Pyro, and it kept doing it.

Then I read this thread and had another look at the firmware version, still the old firmware! It did not upgrade on the first attempt!

Had another go at upgrading firmware and it worked!

No more bsod or locking up to the point of having to turn the psu off:)

Did your drive upgrade properly? Have you upgraded bios?

i haven't updated the bios but was pretty sure the hdd updated. will look at both when im back home later.

cheers