Sign in to follow this  
Flouncy

Black Mirror

Spiked my interest, will get around to watching it tonight/weekend.

Will s02 be 3 episodes as well, or has it been picked up for a longer run?

Edited by Malkieri

OK so ep 2 then?

Was it a comment on social media and that doing one stupid thing on it will doom you to reliving that mistake for the rest of your life while everyone in the world consumes you for their own entertainment? (And there is NO chance to redeem yourself or move past it?)

I think it played with a bunch of ideas...the voyeuristic nature of humans, who'd rather whip out their phone and film a person in distress than help them...schadenfreude certainly enters into it, as the mob gleefully watches the methodical breaking of another human, criminal or not...the true nature of "justice", as the punishment meted out in this instance far exceeds an "eye for an eye" mentality...and who in this show is the more monstrous? Certainly abduction and murder of a child are hideous, and filming it is pretty fucked up...but how are the people that make a day of going to the corrections park and filming it as entertainment any better? They take their kids in to enjoy the spectacle, too! Fucked.

I think this episode is a prime example to support Brooker's comments of the stories told in "Black Mirror":

"...they're all about the way we live now – and the way we might be living in 10 minutes' time if we're clumsy."

I don't know how I missed this because I loved the first series.

Episode one was fantastic. Too often with sci-fi there's a huge disconnect with technology, i.e., memory augmentations is what springs to mind here; but that technology? That's almost feasible, (well, perhaps not the last stage of the process).

Episode two; meh. It was a fast paced action build up, but I kinda felt like I was waiting for the twist all the way through, and the ending just didn't do it for me. The protagonist role reversal is an interesting idea, just not pulled off I don't think, and the documentary style clashed too much with the action of the rest of it.

Haven't watched the third one yet!