Sign in to follow this  
disolusiond

Clark just broke 300

5 maiden overs in a row counts as a wicket, right?

Or they've given up trying to score 600 as a reply.

Just heard on ABC's morning news the the reason Clark had a clean bat, apart from a Mcgrath Foundation sticker, was that he had just been dumped by his sponsor at the beginning of the year. HA ! Bet they're kicking themselves.

Regarding the sponsorship: http://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/news/ar...l-to-slazenger/

Pretty crazy.

Does anyone know who the bat manufacturer of the bat he was using, (Slazenger)? I don't really know these things, I guess that they don't use off the shelf bats, but surely they'd use tailored manufactured bats rather than artisan made ones.

I still think declaring was the wrong decision; I think batting out the rest of the day and making an individual ~400/total ~800 would have been so demoralizing, and the pitch would have worsened enough that 2 days, even with rain, would've been plenty of time to get India out. As it is India have had a half decent session and are almost looking positive with the bat, (a few close ones though); and the worst thing we could do is let Tendulkar bat all day today and get some confidence back in their batting line-up.

From the above link

Clarke seemed to enjoy rubbing Slazenger's face in it after reaching 300.He pointed to his bat as if to say 'look what you missed out on'.Or maybe it was more 'advertising spot available'.

Actually he was pointing straight at the Mcgrath Foundation sticker as he looked at the stand that Glenn Mcgrath was seated in.

Edited by disolusiond

India trails by 151 with 3 wickets remaining, currently at 7/317. Only tail enders left, pretty much. With ~40 overs left in the day.

It is nice to see Australia are getting back to being a decent side. Now they just need to replicate their performance while overseas.

My only real dissapointment so far is how poor Marsh has performed as I have been saying he should have been in the side for the last few years.

I went up the road to get a watering can and some fertiliser, came back and it's down to two wickets. Go Aussie, GO!

Yeah, they lost to SL last game though, so they really did need to pick it up, (although we lost to NZ I suppose :S).

Cricket really is anyone's game at the moment.

for those at work (like me) -and i really should have posted this the other day, but anyways- for future reference the following two running commentary sites seem to be best for following the match, and when minimised still show the score so you can see when a wicket is taken and maximise for all the gory details ;)

www.cricbuzz.com

www.espncricinfo.com (this one seems to crash Internet Explorer a fair bit at my work though...)

I'm looking forward to the Perth test

for those at work (like me) -and i really should have posted this the other day, but anyways- for future reference the following two running commentary sites seem to be best for following the match, and when minimised still show the score so you can see when a wicket is taken and maximise for all the gory details ;)

www.cricbuzz.com

www.espncricinfo.com (this one seems to crash Internet Explorer a fair bit at my work though...)

I'm looking forward to the Perth test

Actually the live scores bit on www.espncricinfo.com seems mess up Firefox 9 but it's fine with IE9 using a proxy server.

I've always used cricinfo, (now ESPN branded), however I too was plagued by browser crashes.

Solution? Disable Shockwave/Flash plugins for that site, or just temporarily, and it works like a charm.

Flash gives me more crap than just about anything else - It'll get better, but they sure wandered :)

Cheers

Tendulkar just went for 15. India are 3 for 59 lol.

Oh, and my stats on Clark's 300 were wrong. He's actually the 3rd person to crack 300 in Australia, not the 4th.

Edited by disolusiond